Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

I wonder if the "trading block" is actually meant to indicated whether a player is currently involved in a trade proposal...
6/16/2006 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By haasdr on 6/16/2006once the season starts, what happens to our rookie league players from last year? do we have to promote or cut every single on of them (as well as other level players to get down to roster size), or is there another alternative

I assume you're asking about the players on your rookie roster when the season starts. If so, it would be wise to move some to the inactive rosters as needed to deal with injury/fatigue.
6/16/2006 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haasdr on 6/16/2006once the season starts, what happens to our rookie league players from last year? do we have to promote or cut every single on of them (as well as other level players to get down to roster size), or is there another alternative?
Players with experience can play in the Rookie League - it's not just for first-year players. As Mike said, you may want to promote some pitchers to alleviate fatigue concerns at lower levels, but you do not need to release any players until your rosters are completely full at every level, including the Inactive Lists in AAA, AA, and A ball.
6/16/2006 9:24 AM
thanks for the information, guys. to put guys on inactive, do we simply just overfill the roster and then set who is playing?
6/16/2006 9:39 AM
There is an active/inactive option for player moves. You can't overload a roster with active players. Make a few guys inactive, send up the rooks(or promote from another level) and the re-activate/de-activate as necessary. There are no restrictions on active/inactive moves.
6/16/2006 9:43 AM
thanks again. I'm assuming the ML roster is limited to 25 (I know there's the 40 man roster, but guys on the 40 man can play in the minors - just like in real life). It would probably be a waste to leave inactive players on a major league roster as it wastes an option.
6/16/2006 9:55 AM
ML is 25 with no inactive. Don't add anyone to the 40 man until you have to. This will change in the future but there is no reason to start his option clock until you need him.
6/16/2006 10:06 AM
The bottom of the Roster Management page in the GM's Office shows you the Active and Total roster sizes at each level, as well as the max at each level. Keep in mind that those numbers reflect any pending changes as well - for example, if you are going to promote someone from AAA to ML, the counts at the bottom are the counts after he moves to the ML roster.
6/16/2006 10:28 AM
Mike and zlions, you guys have been a tremendous help. thanks!
6/16/2006 10:53 AM
A money question here.If you do not use all your budgeted money in any given catagory can you re-allocate that money elsewhere?Say you budgeted 20 mil$ to coaching yet only spend 16 mil$,can you say use that cash for a signing bonus or somthing else?
6/16/2006 2:05 PM
By the way,great thread fellas!!
6/16/2006 2:05 PM
no oilerfan, it's gone. pisani!
6/16/2006 2:14 PM
Question about pitcher's stamina:
Can a pitcher with, say, a 62 stamina pitch in a 5 man rotation with a reasonable pitch count setting (around 100 pitches or so)?
If not, what is the minimum stamina a pitcher would need?
I'm thinking I'd like to see him back to 100% when his turn comes around.
Thanks for any help.
6/16/2006 3:50 PM
I advise everyone to use 70+ as their guideline. The 62 might make it if he has good control and you lower his PC to 80ish.
I wouldn't try it but it might work.
6/16/2006 4:05 PM
Thanks sched!pisani indeed!!
6/16/2006 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...34|35|36|37|38...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.