Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By wolvie14 on 6/02/2006

In my case, what complicates the job is that my AAA stadium has Coors like effects while i play my major league team in Olympic stadium wich is a very different ballpark in terms of effects.
wolvie, i realized that my AA stadium has the same effects as my ML stadium, and put my best prospects in AA.
6/2/2006 10:04 AM
I am already seing the effects coachs can have on a team. My AA coaching was the last to be filled. These coachs are not very good for the level. It is also the level where i have more injuries, and the most serious one as well
6/2/2006 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigyunit on 6/02/2006if you designate a player for assignment, he goes on the waiver wire, and won't play for three days (roughly 9 games) but it will clear the roster spot, so you can promote someone to fill the gap.
Yeah, but if he doesn't clear waivers, you've really cleared the roster spot - he's gone.

In general, if the player is of any value to you, you should not do anything that requires him to clear waivers.
6/2/2006 10:29 AM
correct, i was just addressing the roster spot issue.
moral of the story remains the same.
6/2/2006 11:02 AM
Holy crap, I had no idea. That would have really, really helped my pitcher fatigue issue.
6/2/2006 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mudbone1969 on 6/01/2006A 7 day injury isn't always 7 days and so on. It could be more or less depending on your medical dept. I had a guy at 1 day for 3 HBD days.

2 HBD days later, he's still at 1 day. I think it's Mark Prior in disguise.
6/2/2006 3:52 PM
Maybe Dominic Hasek switched sports.
6/3/2006 12:00 AM
How time consuming is this Hardball Dynasty? My wife still loves me despite the time I spend here (2 GD teams). Will it cost me my marriage?
I'm a baseball coach in real life so I'd love to play. However between time at the field and time with my maintaining my affair (with GD), I'm pushing it as it is.
Please advise.
6/3/2006 2:27 PM
It's only time-consuming if you wnat to really be competitive. If you go in half-assed, you may as well send me the 25 bones for a team and I'll email you boxscores of your team getting throttled.
6/3/2006 2:37 PM
Things change EVERY game cycle. You need to maneuver players to compensate for fatigue, injuries, promotions, demotions, waivers, etc. If you're not able to get to the game for long stretches, I'd re-consider jumping into the shark tank.
If you can hit it at least once a day (preferably three times), you can survive, but you'll have trouble succeeding.
6/3/2006 2:46 PM
The first two weeks will keep you glued to your computer. Or make you want to get to your computer. I think it levels out after that when you're "finished" tinkering with your team.
6/3/2006 3:31 PM
Here's one more thing I'm learning: you need to plan for injuries. Make sure you have access to backups, either on your ML roster or AAA guys who can be called up to fill the need.
6/3/2006 7:36 PM
Don't anyone laugh, I already mapped out my budget for season 1. Just have to stick with it now.
6/3/2006 8:03 PM
I have an idea of what I want to spend on some of the categories, but I'm going to wait and see what I'm dealt before committing to anything.
6/3/2006 8:43 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/3/2006 10:04 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.