NABCL: S 19 Replacement FOUND Topic

Welcome to charlie22098.
3/4/2009 12:15 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/4/2009 2:31 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
3/4/2009 3:22 PM
3/4/2009 3:33 PM
Final team available is a nice place to start...can win its division today without any tinkering...has some admirable pieces to trade to upgrade franchise...mid-drafting position...and flexible payroll...

This one should be an easy sell...
3/4/2009 3:59 PM
You nailed it bullet.

It's in my division to boot. There is 1 team you know you won't have to compete with.
3/4/2009 4:38 PM
One more and we play tomorrow.
3/4/2009 7:03 PM
come on people...you wont find a better league than this...
3/4/2009 10:55 PM
For those you looking to test you mettle against some of the very best HBD has to offer, you need to take advantage of this opportunity. Sitemail randallball
3/5/2009 9:00 AM
We are full.
3/5/2009 10:50 AM
SITEMAIL SENT TO ALL REGARDING MINOR LEAGUE ROSTERS:

The minor league BS is really pathetic guys. If you don't have time to make sure you have 25+ at each minor league level, perhaps you don't have time to be in this world any more.

There are 7 different franchises with at least 1 level of less than 25 players. Check to see if you are one of them, and if you are, fix it now please.
4/4/2009 1:33 PM
I would be interested in getting in this leauge. I am in my first year in another and should have it completed by the time season 13 comes round. Just like the way it is run. BTW I am doing good in my first year and will want to eventually own 2 or 3 teams at a time. I would like one of them to be here. Thanks
4/5/2009 10:05 PM
I have added you to the waitlist blackmamba22.
4/6/2009 12:34 PM
NEW MINOR LEAGUE ROSTER RULE/GUIDELINE, EFFECTIVE STARTING IN SEASON 13:

Starting when we roll to Season 13, a minor league roster rule/guideline will be in place. This rule/guideline is designed to assure that we see less 28-24 games, less LF playing C, less pitchers playing the OF and less OF pitching, etc. It is also designed to protect owners that historically do maintain their minor leagues, because the result of the aforementioned oversights is more exposure to the possibility for fatigue and/or injury, for all players involved in a game.

The rule/guideline will be as follows:

• At the beginning of the minor league regular season, each level (Low A, High A, AA, AAA) is to have no fewer than 23 players on the roster.
  • Of those 23, at least TWELVE must be pitchers.
  • Of the 11 position players, their must be AT LEAST ONE of each at: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF and RF.
  • At the conclusion of the draft (i.e., before the games start), the Rookie League team must have no fewer than 25 players on the roster
  • Of those 25, at least FOURTEEN must be pitchers.
  • Of the 11 position players, their must be AT LEAST ONE of each at: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF and RF.
If every owner takes responsibility and assures that their minor league rosters are configured as detailed above, it will not only help with the aforementioned issues, it will also help with the NABCL's overall player pool to KEEP the rosters filled out in the above manner.

I call this a rule/guideline because I think that every owner in this world is responsible enough to follow this without extending too much effort. I also throw the "guideline" in there because, in truth, even the above roster configuration isn't sufficient to get you through entire minor league seasons. I suggest that everyone make their best efforts to have 27-30 players at each level at all times - enough to have a few inactive P, a backup C, and a backup MIF (or utility guy). I suggest you sign any C, SS, CF, 3B, 2B that you draft that has defensive potential, regardless of their bat.

Since all owners in this world are veterans, you know how much I/we care about the NABCL. As such, I don't think I will ever have to "flex my commissioner muscles" to discipline anyone. However, if an owner can not adhere to the guideline and after being contacted does not correct the issues, I will ask that the owner not return for the following season. Shouldn't be too much fight, because these are the rules and if someone doesn't like them, then this isn't the world for them.

I made this up on my own, without any feedback, suggestions, etc. I also recognize that the majority of us already do as outlined above for our minor league rosters. If you have a problem, you can take it up with me via sitemail or trade chat.

Thanks,

Rick
4/6/2009 12:58 PM
Thank you sir.
4/6/2009 5:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...38 Next ▸
NABCL: S 19 Replacement FOUND Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.