New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Why can I not win a playoff game?
2/16/2007 12:34 PM
That is a tough one. I would be concerned if you don't win one with this team though...
2/17/2007 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By dogfan on 2/12/2007
Can a guy's work ethic make up for some downfalls of a recruit?
In any given game, the answer is no. WE will not compensate for shortcomings in other categories within a game.

What high(er) WE will do is make your players' attributes grow faster than a low WE player, all other things being equal (potential from scouting report, practice time, starts, etc). So, if you recruit a player that's not quite as good as another *right now*, but he has a much higher WE (and let's assume their potential is the same), the higher WE guy could end up as the better player down the road, depending on how much ground he had to make up.
2/22/2007 11:52 AM
hey guys looking at my mt union team in the oac. i have lingered in the 7-8 win season. i run a 4-4/nickel and wishbone/ proform.?
1. should i pick one offf and def?
2. what do i need to get over the hump i do have bw in my conference
2/25/2007 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By gt_deuce on 2/22/2007What high(er) WE will do is make your players' attributes grow faster than a low WE player, all other things being equal (potential from scouting report, practice time, starts, etc). So, if you recruit a player that's not quite as good as another *right now*, but he has a much higher WE (and let's assume their potential is the same), the higher WE guy could end up as the better player down the road, depending on how much ground he had to make up.

I knew during a game wouldn't matter, but the second part of your answer answered it for me.
2/25/2007 2:26 PM
i am completely new to GD. can anyone tell me the approximate timing of how the whole player signing thing works? send a few letters, make a trip, make some phone calls, get some emails from the players. is there a daily WIS cycle upon which the player decisions all take place? thanks in advance!
3/20/2007 5:14 PM
every three hours. EST 8:30 am, 11:30, 2:30 etc... The 2:30 cycle normally runs a little late because the servers are busy, but it is normally done by 3.
3/21/2007 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By tommy_cian on 3/21/2007
every three hours. EST 8:30 am, 11:30, 2:30 etc... The 2:30 cycle normally runs a little late because the servers are busy, but it is normally done by 3.
cool - thanks tommy c!
3/21/2007 9:58 AM
one more question - when do you start to see signed recruits available in the depth chart? thanks!
3/21/2007 12:42 PM
The day after recruiting ends which is Friday I believe.
3/21/2007 3:11 PM
excellent - thanks birdiep.
3/21/2007 5:03 PM
I have taken on a rebuilding project at Arizona. This won't be easy...
4/14/2007 12:23 AM
This is my first try at this and I managed to find the worst team in DIII. I have only 1 DL, LBs, and thi list continues. I have read alot of the messages for newbies but am still looking for some last minute advice as I feel it unlikely that I will be able to fill all 19 scholies. ANYTHING would be helpful. Thanks,
JJ
5/24/2007 11:49 AM
I have 17 schollies to fill and not a clue, this is my first shot at this on the football side of the house. Most of my expieriance is in the HBD arena. In HBD there's help windows that explain the different aspects of the game such as free agency, what the abbreviations mean etc. Is there something like that in Grid Dynasty?? If so, where is it located? Anyone with a users manual on this whole thing...HELP! Thanks in advance :)
5/24/2007 5:25 PM
I could use some advice on recruiting I just started today and have no Idea where to start any help would be nice I have Bridgewater
5/24/2007 7:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.