New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
11/30/2006 10:52 PM
Birdie, thanks i am pretty aware of the key ratings when i recruit but i guess my question is, is throwing alot of money at studs worth it
12/1/2006 7:53 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/1/2006 2:21 PM
If I have a scholarship offer on the table to an "undecided" recruit, will he accept my offer if no one else offers a scholly before the deadline? What exactly does "undecided" mean?
12/7/2006 11:19 AM
wagnaar, the answer is no. Unless a recruit is considering us, or considering us and others, they will not sign. What undecided means is that no team has given the recruit enough "attention" (using any of your available recruiting tools) to merit his considering a school. These undecided recruits become easier to sway as end of the recruiting period approaches, but you still need to meet the recruits minimum requirements for considering your school (based on type of contact, volume of contact, your schools success historically, your rep and loyalty, and a few other factors I'm missing). From everything I've been able to determine, you also need some type of face to face contact, either by your AC or HC. This could be scouting, home visit, or campus visit, but it seems to be a requirement before a recruit signs. Hope that helps, best of luck!
12/7/2006 12:34 PM
12/7/2006 5:15 PM
I've signed a recruit with as little as 1 HC scouting trip and a scholarship. $4oo. That's not to say they will every time though.
12/7/2006 7:23 PM
scooby, was that at the end or toward the end of recruiting?
12/7/2006 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By scoobybud on 12/07/2006I've signed a recruit with as little as 1 HC scouting trip and a scholarship. $4oo. That's not to say they will every time though
I've signed undecided guys with a BCS elite school for nothing but a AC scout and a scholarship offer.

School prestige is a major factor in calculating your "recruiting effort" with a particular player.
12/7/2006 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ddingo on 12/08/2006
Quote: Originally Posted By scoobybud on 12/07/2006
I've signed a recruit with as little as 1 HC scouting trip and a scholarship. $4oo. That's not to say they will every time though.
I've signed undecided guys with a BCS elite school for nothing but a AC scout and a scholarship offer.

School prestige is a major factor in calculating your "recruiting effort" with a particular player.

I have also, very late in recruiting. I don't remember the level or team, but I know it was either DII or DIII. I had almost no money . I was shocked. But I think they changed the recruiting since then. They didn't reject as much on the last day. Someone may be able to correct me, but in the past, they would take the scholarship on the final day if you "faced" them.
12/7/2006 11:41 PM
It was DIII but with my Susquehanna team which has great prestige but I think I offered the last day or second to last after I lost a huge battle. I do have a player considering me before recruiting begins in Heisman. I'm assuming it was an early ac scouting trip. But that is at the DIA level, so I'm assuming I could sign him with only a scholarship if I wanted him.
12/8/2006 10:10 AM
I think as long as they get a visit seeing a face you should be able to get him. if its late.
12/12/2006 8:25 AM
scooby, you will still need to do some sort of visit during recruiting. This happens at DIA on occasion, with K/P usually. I've never been able to sign one without at least a scouting trip during the recruiting session...
12/12/2006 9:05 PM
I have a question and I'm new at this stuff, so bear with me if it's been answered everywhere else.
I have tried running several different offenses during the exhibitions and during the regular season. I still end up with the same result. My quarterback is getting the majority of the running attempts. He's rushed something like 55 times so far this season while my running back only has about 28 carries on the season. And it doesn't seem to change when I go from heavy pass to balanced to heavy run.
12/13/2006 2:57 PM
Dean...in the advanced depth charts, the distribution % allocated to QBs is for rushing attempts. If you don't want your QB to run, set the distribution % for all QBs to zero.
To get to the advanced depth charts, click on the depth chart button on the right side of the office page, then click on advanced offense . Go into the formations you use, and set your distributions and effective %s there.
12/13/2006 3:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.