New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Ok, thanks. That definitely helps
12/13/2006 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By DeanLollis on 12/13/2006
Ok, thanks. That definitely helps
One other thing that might help is changing which RB gets the ball. Strong is the worst of the non-walkon RBs on your roster. With an elusiveness of 34, he'll never be a big threat even with great speed. I would be feeding Williams and Meadows the ball, and try to recruit a more elusive RB next season. Unless Strong has above average potential, he'll never be an upper echelon DIII RB.
12/14/2006 9:33 AM
cool. Thanks for the advice.
12/14/2006 1:38 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/14/2006 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoobybud on 12/08/2006It was DIII but with my Susquehanna team which has great prestige but I think I offered the last day or second to last after I lost a huge battle. I do have a player considering me before recruiting begins in Heisman. I'm assuming it was an early ac scouting trip. But that is at the DIA level, so I'm assuming I could sign him with only a scholarship if I wanted him.
I had a similar player with my Wabash team. I was unable to sign him until I sent the AC out to scout him. It's a little goofy, as I'm pretty sure the player in question was a mid-season scout from during the past season. But I still had to spend the $250 or so for the scout+scholarship offer.

--
laswell
12/14/2006 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By DeanLollis on 12/14/2006
cool. Thanks for the advice.
Shoot me a sitemail if you have other questions.
12/14/2006 2:40 PM
My last signee in Heisman was an OL that had rejected two previous attempts at home visits. i finally got a home visit in on the third try. He had a total of six HC phone calls, one AC scout, one HC home visit,a schollie. He remained undecided until the moment he signed. i got him for around 1100. I didnt know which way he would go because in the past I have lost recruits to sims that sat on the fence like that.
12/15/2006 10:59 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/21/2006 8:10 AM
if a player rejects a visit, are you refunded the money?
2/10/2007 1:46 PM
Yes. That is the beauty of Campus Visits. :)
2/10/2007 4:03 PM
with a horrible D-fence what formation works? 4-3? 3-4? what
2/10/2007 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By falconguy on 2/10/2007
with a horrible D-fence what formation works? 4-3? 3-4? what
Not to be a smart ***, but you need to be more specific. If your D is truely horrible nothing is going "work". The question is where do you want to go with your Defense and what is the best way to get there? With that said you have to decide how long you plan on staying where you are and how long it will take to build on that side of the ball. Other things to consider.....How good is your offense? Can it control a game? Are you going to win games or are this season a wash?
2/11/2007 1:09 AM
I am low on d-linemen but thick in db's and line backers my offense wont hold and i guess on this season i'll stink like a skunk. I pretty much need to use 3-4 and hope not many d-linemen are ingured.
2/11/2007 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By falconguy on 2/11/2007
I am low on d-linemen but thick in db's and line backers my offense wont hold and i guess on this season i'll stink like a skunk. I pretty much need to use 3-4 and hope not many d-linemen are ingured.
YOU GOT MAIL!!!
2/11/2007 10:38 AM
Can anyone tell me how setting your running and passing plays on either conservative or aggressive affects the actual play thats run? For instance, Im facing a team in exhibition with a decent d line but horrible lb's and db's. I want to pass alot to take advatage, but if the other coach is smart, he'll figure that out and defend accordingly.
Any way that I can set it so my rb's look to break it outside to take advantage of his poor lb's? Same question for passing - does conservative mean that your QB will tend to look for the short routes and aggressive will be down field?
Any help would be great. Thanks
2/12/2007 10:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Season 18) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.