D-III Dynasties Topic

haha, I passed VD!
6/14/2007 9:17 AM
Riddle me this Batman? How can a team be considered the #1 dynasty and never have won or played for a DIII Nat Championship. No offense to Becker but I think the rating system may need a little more weight on Final 4's, Nat Championships, etc...
6/14/2007 9:33 AM
fwiw, this system has a stronger weight to deep tourney runs than the one alblack uses, and I am sick of tweaking it, so it will stay the same unless someone else wants to deal with it. Too hard to go back and make changes to past seasons.
6/16/2007 6:04 PM
wronoj I appreciate all the work you do on this just busting your chops.
6/16/2007 9:20 PM
No problem. I was going to point out that you are tied with Becker in points, and if you had done better than him this season, you would be #1... but I didn't. :)
6/17/2007 10:02 AM
I don't check the Wooden board often. I did today and found this pretty neat thread. I would like to lobby a little harder for my Western Connecticut State team. Before I got there, they had 3 winning seasons out of eleven.
I have been there 10 seasons and amassed 213 wins to 86 losses (not counting the beginning of this season. We have been to the post-season 7 times (5 seasons in a row currently). Albeit, my post season record is not that hot - we have 5 wins and 7 losses. Only been to the Elite Eight once.
I have amassed 7 conference championships (out of 10) and 5 conference tourney championships. Won 30 games once and posted 25+ wins 4 times.
Each season, W CT St generally has a top 25 schedule b/c I am not afraid to play other opponents - I have beaten Taz 3 out of 5 :)
This is my vote for W CT St to be ranked higher than what they are (just don't look at my season thus far!!).
6/19/2007 5:14 PM
palmetto,
you did move up 6 spots this season, and have potential with a good run this season to move up a few more.
but, if you take a look at the records of the teams around and above you, you will find that you are very similar to a lot of them (mine at Hartwick is very similar, but with 8 consecutive postseasons), and that some have been a lot better a lot longer...
6/20/2007 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By wronoj on 6/20/2007
palmetto,
you did move up 6 spots this season, and have potential with a good run this season to move up a few more.
but, if you take a look at the records of the teams around and above you, you will find that you are very similar to a lot of them (mine at Hartwick is very similar, but with 8 consecutive postseasons), and that some have been a lot better a lot longer...
Thanks - I really haven't followed this board much. Nor did I look at the teams in front of me. It is very good to look at and know who is consistantly putting good teams on the court.

I am not sure why my team is struggling this season - no seniors. We should be back to par next season.
6/20/2007 1:42 PM
Still a great tool for scheduling.
7/5/2007 12:15 AM
Definitely. Can't believe I lost last night...think I'm gonna fall off of #1 now...too bad too, I was enjoyin the run.
7/6/2007 7:26 PM
bout time to decide who'll be movin up and down...
7/15/2007 9:47 PM
Well, barring a run in the CT, my Nichols team will be off the list entirely. Not that I had anything to do with getting them on to begin with. Then again, I've got this team playing so far above their heads that anything is possible
7/16/2007 12:39 AM
yup. getting close to some moves, here. I will try to update pre-tourney (or at least early in the NT)...
kreller, looks like you are done for now, but that team appears to be in good shape to make tourneys the next 2 seasons, which puts you right back in the mix.
7/16/2007 10:09 AM
I drop a 2nd round off this season and replace it with at minimum a first round. Moving the tourney less season from 8 and 9 years ago closer off the board will be nice. I can't really ask for more than a 2nd round out of this team this year so I doubt I'll hold top 10.
7/18/2007 1:20 AM
OK, quick update on the tourneys, and how the dynasty teams have done in the seedings.
33 of last season's 43 teams are in the postseason, 25 in the NT + 8 in the PIT.
of those 25 NT teams, 18 are 1-8 seeds, including 5 1-2 seeds.
The East Regions has the top 5 seeds all dynasty teams. GL getting through there, jj.
Trinity (TX), Lynchburg, Middlebury, Nichols, and Simpson will all drop from the rankings this season after failing to make the postseason. GL on a speedy return.
haven't looked to see what new entrants we will have yet, but we will have a new #1 barring a miracle for Becker-- They are in the PIT, and would need to win and have Anderson lose in the first round of the NT, as well as worse than expected showings from Montclair, Emory, & Wisc- Superior, in order to remain at the top.
Good Luck to everyone (except my opponents)!
7/18/2007 5:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...79 Next ▸
D-III Dynasties Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.