I am going to add a few posts here.

Right now my favorite combination on my team is the drinking and gambling buddies; Juan Cerveza, Yonder Tabaka and William Lush. I say gambling because the franchise name is the Las Vegas One Arm Bandits. Some scarry pitching going on there.

One of the best I have is Trot Cashman ML C of the LV One Arm Bandits who play in Cashman Field. Daddy's been good to him.

Royce Ramirez is my top prospect pitcher and my top relief/closer prospects are Raphael Ramirez and Gorkys Mercedes. Sounds like a smooth combination.

Favorite name I've seen in Evangeline League was Sticky Fingers...a pitcher. I'd hate to see the gloves of his teammates at the end of a season.

Others of mine I like are; Poseidon Ritz, Willie Ramsey (holds my single season HR record), Happy Hansen, Joe Chase, John Buckley (cough syrup), Kiki Lopez, Richie Kidd and my 'natural' ML that has included the surnames Flood, Beech, Wood, Paige, (Dante) Forrester, Fischer and Lake.
12/17/2008 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By csherwood on 12/07/2006

I've got a Socks Ball.
I also have a Socks Barkley. He's a pitcher and needs to be told to 'sit' once in awhile so it doesn't look like he's charging the batter when he's chasing his own fastball.

12/17/2008 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By camp on 12/08/2006

Not sure how to link to him, but I have Manny Perez. . . Not an unusual name until you see he's from Osaka, Japan, and is very obviously not hispanic. . .
I have a Japanese looking guy from Osaka which is all good but he is named Christian Perez. Not at all Japanese.

I also have a Gus Zhou on 3B and Christian Xiao P from Kabul, Afganistan...what???

I want to know when we are going to see a Jesus Walker and where he's going to come from. Might be interesting. God help us if we see a Jesus Burns from the wrong country. Gotta be careful with some of the combinations I think.

12/17/2008 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By ericbergson on 2/06/2007

I have a Wilfredo Wilfredo. Or is it Wilfredo, Wilfredo?
There is also a Wilfredo Wilfredo (Wilfredo, Wilfredo?) In Evangeline. I have a (crazy) Ivan Wilfredo. He's from PA.

12/17/2008 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By mickpb on 7/24/2007

Jack Daniels is a shortstop on one of my rookie squads. Farmer Foster is a pitcher on the same team.
Tony Daniels leads my team in most batting categories during his career. Not bad for a guy who plays a wussy gold droid with barely any knees in his spare time (C3PO - Anthony Daniels)

12/17/2008 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By letchkins on 11/12/2007
Most painful sounding name:
Dick Frye
How about Banana Burns?

12/17/2008 1:30 AM
Hilarious thread. I hope I didn't over do it with my contributions. Thanks.
12/17/2008 2:18 AM
1/23/2009 12:30 AM
I once saw in a draft... STEVE HOLT!!!
1/23/2009 11:12 AM
I have a player named Gabe Ruth.
1/23/2009 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ballgrease21 on 1/23/2009Catfish Hunter
Must be friends with one of mine Catfish Baker
1/23/2009 12:26 PM
I just drafted a horrible pitcher named Mike Hunt, but I had to sign him just because of the name. Also, I'm passionately pursuing an International FA named Juan Quixote. Gotta have that dude on my team, too.
1/24/2009 2:36 AM
Not so sure on him DB, he is prone to setting unreachable goals so his projections may be unrealistic
1/24/2009 7:23 PM
Spud Daly
1/25/2009 12:39 AM
This is my quest, to follow that star.
1/25/2009 2:43 AM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...36 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.