Upstate CAC Coaches Thread Topic

You know polo, the +/- settings on 3 point shooting is one of the great unkowns to me in this game. When I first started this game, I had a solid (though not great in hindsight) SG by the name of Bobby Morris on my ferrum squad. I had him at +1 or +2 on many occasions, and we rode his shooting to a solid debut season that has brought me back for so muc more.

Since then, I've grown to distrust the + setting w/ any kid getting a significant % of the offense. Perhaps nothing I hate more than losing a 2 point game while watching my SG go 0-7 from 3 point land. As such, I've grown to favor the -1 or 0 for many of my players.

However, I have in the past found that having one of my gaurds w/ a low % of the offense set to a +1 has really opened up the offense before. When all else failed, this small switch (generally w/ a PG) has really made the offense purr. I'm now experimenting with a SF playing a lot of backup PF at georgetown set to a +1. We've pulled out some very unexpected wins at Georgetown, especially in some tough road contests. I've also got a PF at Texas that I just moved to a -1 (off a -2) and got a PF playing SF, that will play PF next year at a potentially 0 setting (he's at a -1 playing SF this season) We'll have to see how that carries out.

I'm heading to Vegas for a LEED conference this evening, but wouldn't mind looking into this more in depth when I got back if you want to exchange sitemails, strategies, review box scores, etc.... Like you I've typically always set my Posts to a -2 automatically, but have wondered if that potentially clogs the lane (especially in a motion offense)
10/20/2008 9:00 AM
HEARTLAND!!
10/20/2008 6:29 PM
UPSTATE!!
11/13/2008 2:06 PM
resurrected!!

this was the worst seasons for the upstate in years, next season it is time for redemption.

there is no way we finish with less than 6 NT teams and are GUARANTEED to be #1 RPI conf
1/28/2009 6:25 PM
as for season one of the oldave challenge. i about had a heart attack. after starting the season 16-1 (6-1 conf), Rochester sputtered out the rest of the season. my conference mates came through and saved me from dishing out any money to mr davey.

gots a feeling my money is safe in season two as well, but after that i'm a bit nervous, and thats when i can start losing big money. good luck to you the rest of the way sir (in OOC that is)
1/28/2009 6:29 PM
Agree mrpolo09, I know we only lose 1 player (we had 3 upperclassmen and made 3rd round PI) so I'm expecting to be strong next 2 for sure and will take my licks at Rochester. Chicago is much the same so I agree I think your money is secure for next 2 seasons. And then, hutchbrett should have Case-Western resurgent again. And marmup always seems to have Washington steady & tough.

olddave will make you sweat some seasons out (he's too good a coach not to) but I think your funds will be safe...
1/29/2009 11:11 AM
we resurrected the thread, might as well resurrect the poll...

Annual (when we feel like it) Upstate Poll

#1. Who will win the north?

#2. Who will win the south?

#3. Will someone finish OOC undefeated? (Y/N)

#4. Charles Ohlsen (Rochester), Will he average 26.5 (pts + rbs) this season? over/under

#5. Darwin Hackler (St Lawrence), will he have a 8 assist in a game(or better) this season?

#6. New Guys Prop (how many wins do Hobart and Hamilton combine for in conference play)
A - 0-13
B - 13-15
C - 16-17
D - 18-32

#7. CT Champ?

#8. How many teams make the NT?
A - 0-4
B - 5-6
C - 7-8
D - 9+

2/7/2009 11:08 PM
for questions #3-#8. if you get 5 of 6 correct i'll throw you a $20 GC. if there is a tie, i'll come up with a tie breaker come CT time
2/7/2009 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mrpolo09 on 2/08/2009

Annual (when we feel like it) upstate Poll

Hamilton
Chicago
Yes
#4. Charles Ohlsen (Rochester), Will he average 26.5 (pts + rbs) this season? over/under
No
#5. Darwin Hackler (St Lawrence), will he have a 8 assist in a game(or better) this season?
Yes
#6. New Guys Prop (how many wins do Hobart and Hamilton combine for in conference play)
A - 0-13
B - 13-15
C - 16-17
D - 18-32
C
#7. CT Champ?
Washington
A - 0-4
B - 5-6
C - 7-8
D - 9+

B

JUST QUOTE AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY. THANKS
2/7/2009 11:12 PM
Can't really find anymore great awards to give away, so I am offering up a piece of my timeshare to the winner. Picture Below:

2/8/2009 8:36 AM

Skidmore
Chicago
Yes
Yes
Yes
A - 0-13
B - 13-15
C - 16-17
D - 18-32
B
#7. CT Champ?
Chicago
A - 0-4
B - 5-6
C - 7-8
D - 9+

B

2/8/2009 7:39 PM
battle of 2 perhaps???
2/8/2009 7:39 PM

RPI

chicago

no

under

no

A - 0-13
B - 13-15
C - 16-17
D - 18-32

A
#7. CT Champ?
Skidmore

A - 0-4
B - 5-6
C - 7-8
D - 9+

B
2/8/2009 9:24 PM

Hamilton
Chicago
Yes
Under
No
A - 0-13
B - 13-15
C - 16-17
D - 18-32
B
#7. CT Champ?
Brandeis
A - 0-4
B - 5-6
C - 7-8
D - 9+

B

2/8/2009 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mrpolo09 on 2/08/2009we resurrected the thread, might as well resurrect the poll...

#1. Who will win the north? Tough one as I feel it will be a scrum, but I'll go with Clarkson

#2. Who will win the south? Easy, Brandeis. OK, serious answer is Washington (final answer).

#3. Will someone finish OOC undefeated? (Y/N) I'll bite. Yes.

#4. Charles Ohlsen (Rochester), Will he average 26.5 (pts + rbs) this season? over/under. Under

#5. Darwin Hackler (St Lawrence), will he have a 8 assist in a game(or better) this season? No.

#6. New Guys Prop (how many wins do Hobart and Hamilton combine for in conference play) B
A - 0-13
B - 13-15
C - 16-17
D - 18-32

#7. CT Champ? Brandeis

#8. How many teams make the NT? B
A - 0-4
B - 5-6
C - 7-8
D - 9+

2/9/2009 10:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...45 Next ▸
Upstate CAC Coaches Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.