Upstate CAC Coaches Thread Topic

good point polo. You can hit 4 cycles in 2 seperate 1/2 hour computer sessions by getting to your computer at the right time. So in one hour total you could easily get in 4 of the 8 daily cycles, perhaps even less time if you lock into a handful of recruits, it won't take long to check their responses and find out if you have to put in much more effort or not.
1/10/2007 1:31 PM
OK, as posted in the coaches corner my soph center took the redshirt. I originally was going to target a SF or gaurd to redshirt this year as I had no plans to redshirt him this year, just did it on a whim to see if he'd take it or not.
Soooo, I'm thinking about targeting a low post transfer that knows my sets and can be the 4th option in the post, and perhaps running some uptempo this year.
1/10/2007 1:33 PM
10 minutes till recruiting starts! I havn't had any strange/funny responses from recruits in a long time. I'm going to post the strangest responses that potential recruits give me and if anyone else gets some good ones maybe you could post them too.
1/10/2007 4:52 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it. Hopefully I can bag a fab five or something :) I've got enough schollies for a fab 7, I believe!
1/10/2007 6:28 PM
Me too. Few recruits drawing me in hard- save that one Big Man. We shall see. Good luck, fellas.
EDIT: Hmmm...may get three ringers - transfers, jc black marketeers - now, one roleplayer, save 3 more for post-signings..
1/10/2007 8:48 PM
just some interesting data to share with everyone. I just snuck into the Allen DII NT. I had an RPI of 60 and a SOS of 33. Not horrible but my record was 16-11.
I got in ahead of.....
CSU, Bakersfield (20-9, 55, 130),
Missouri Western St (20-8, 56, 197),
Concordia (20-7, 59, 207)
I had games in non conference against teams with RPI's of 1, 3, 9, 13, 19, 29, 41, 63. I won three of them. In conference i played a 69 twice, an 80 once, and a 96 once. I won two of those. everyone else i played was above 100.
record vs Top 50 RPI is a weighted pretty high.
oh, and i'm probably gonna do another pickem, but i'll wait till the start of conference.
1/11/2007 6:25 PM
Good data. Similarly, scheduling strong teams last season that are now run by a sim is a favorite scheduling strategy of mine - generally an rpi boost and hopefully a better chance to win.
1/11/2007 9:37 PM
My favorite response thus far this year... although not as good as some in previous...
oh hell no, you want a piece of this. balling at Case Western Reserve would be nuts. keap it comin
1/12/2007 12:28 PM
Interesting polo. Even though I didn't win many of them last year, perhaps that explains why Chicago fell into the Just out catagory last year despite the lossing record.
I've been putting feelers out to kids that I can't see yet, hoping to find one that will indicate that he'll fall to me. I must be aiming a bit too hight, cause I don't think any have indicated that I'm a backup option yet. Still searching, the recruits should start dropping around 2 or 5 (EST) today, at least the one's worth recruiting.
1/12/2007 12:36 PM
Hey guys, I didnt think we could rescind scholarships during the recruiting period anymore, but that option is showing up for me. Did they change it back and i missed it?
1/12/2007 1:12 PM
You have until the signings start to rescind a scholarship.
1/12/2007 1:21 PM
question: on DII team, I tried to recruit a PF last season but he decided to go juco. He stayed on my recruiting screen throughout the season and now we are about to start recruiting again. However, he is listed now as a ranked DI prospect. I spent about $1500 last year on him. What do you guys think? Do I have a chance to sign him?
1/13/2007 3:07 PM
by the way polo, that was a great season preview.
1/13/2007 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By bnys on 1/13/2007
question: on DII team, I tried to recruit a PF last season but he decided to go juco. He stayed on my recruiting screen throughout the season and now we are about to start recruiting again. However, he is listed now as a ranked DI prospect. I spent about $1500 last year on him. What do you guys think? Do I have a chance to sign him?
Yes...you should have a very good chance of signing him. I had the same thing happen to me in D-2 except I put about $2000 and then decided to sign someone else. The next season he was "considering us" although he was now listed as D-1 and ranked.
1/13/2007 11:32 PM
PRESEASON POLL

Since Clarkson isn't going to do much in the way of basketball this year (stupid recruiting), we'll post this year's preseason poll:

Champion of the North?
Champion of the South?
Champion of the Conference Tourney?
Conference COY?
Conference POY?
How many UCAC teams in the NT?
Tiebreaker: Highest RPI...which team and how high?
Post 'em here and I'll track them. It can be my contribution to the cause since Clarkson will be the squad dragging the UCAC down this year.
1/15/2007 10:13 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...45 Next ▸
Upstate CAC Coaches Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.