Cheez Takes Bret’s Money - 2011 edition Topic

bump for discussion of this year's bet
3/10/2008 4:11 PM
I propose a 3 part bet again this year:
#1 - Overall record (we can discuss terms) - $25

#2 - A bet similar to the first sidebet from last year, though I have some rule change ideas that I think will improve that - $15
#3 - Winner of the season series between the teams - $10
3/10/2008 4:17 PM
I like it!
3/10/2008 4:19 PM
Okay.
I was looking at the Vegas O/U for team wins this year, they have the Phils at 88.5 and the Cubs at 87.5. So, in theory, I should give you a game. However, I don't think I should be yielding games given that the Phillies play in the East and the Cubbies play in the Central.
As for the modifications to the 2nd bet, my thought is that we allow you to make a change once in each category, with the deadline for changes being the first game after the All-Star break. That will prevent the situation that occured last year, where there were categories that were uncontested due to injuries, lack of playing time, etc. However, if you make a change, the change only counts going forward. For instance, if I picked Victorino for steals for the Phillies, and 6 weeks in, Victorino has 5 steals and Rollins has 12, if I make a change, I still only have 5 steals, and then I get however many bases Rollins steals from that point on. So if he ends up with 30, my total for betting purposes would be 23 - Victorino's 5, plus the 18 Rollins had after I switched.

I'd also get rid of outfield assists as a category, and instead have the tie go to the person who made the fewest changes to their original picks.
3/10/2008 4:33 PM
sounds good so far.
so do you just want to go straight up for the "record" category?
3/10/2008 7:52 PM
Yeah, that's fine. I'll even give you a half game, so we don't need to worry about ties.
3/10/2008 7:58 PM
bump
3/24/2008 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By AlCheez on 1/23/2007

HR - Howard
SB - Victorino
RBI - Burrell
BA - Utley
W - Kendrick
Saves - Lidge
ERA - Hamels
K - Myers
First cut
3/24/2008 4:39 PM
HR - Lee
SB - Soriano
RBI - Ramirez
BA - Theriot
W - Zambrano
Saves - Wood
ERA - Lily (I can't believe I just did that)
K - Hill
3/24/2008 9:15 PM
I win.
3/24/2008 9:17 PM
heh, i wasn't sure which direction to go...still not certain about a couple of these spots
3/24/2008 9:20 PM
With Victorino becoming a top flight base-stealer, you're at a serious disadvantage unless he or Howard get injured or significantly underperform. I feel that I have the clear favorites in SB and HR, and you don't have any categories like that.
3/24/2008 9:22 PM
Heh. You put Wood on SV. There's one switch you'll be using... Makes me feel better about having Lidge up there with him starting the season on the DL.
3/24/2008 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By AlCheez on 3/24/2008
Heh. You put Wood on SV. There's one switch you'll be using... Makes me feel better about having Lidge up there with him starting the season on the DL.
I know, it was him or Marmol and they said today Wood is going to be the closer. I don't want to use my switch on him, but we all know his arm will probably fall off by June 1st
3/24/2008 9:37 PM
bump
3/31/2008 4:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...19 Next ▸
Cheez Takes Bret’s Money - 2011 edition Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.