Cheez Takes Bret’s Money - 2011 edition Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By AlCheez on 7/23/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By blackmink18 on 7/22/2007

I never saw this til now, but Bret took Jacque Jones to beat somebody in OF assists? He may have the weakest arm in the league
I suckered him into using that as the 9th category so I could use Victorino. His choice of Jones made that a total laugher.

Bret, how is it that we have a main bet and 2 sidebets and still didn't manage to bet on who would win the season series between the teams?

not a clue....

regarding the OF assists- I was out of options which is why i had to choose Jones.
7/23/2007 5:32 PM
With Utley establishing ownage of the 2B bet, it seems Soriano vs. Rollins in SB will likely determine whether bret owes me 50 bucks or 20.
Of course, the main bet could still get interesting. And there are always injuries to shake other things up.
7/23/2007 6:15 PM
Speaking of injuries, one that affects all 3 bets happens.
If Utley misses significant time, that could definitely make the main bet much more interesting. I think he's got enough at bats that he'd have to miss more than a month to not qualify for the batting title and impact the first sidebet. He's got a nice cushion on Lee in the 2B bet, but that will definitely get more interesting as well.
7/26/2007 8:21 PM
updated
7/30/2007 9:27 AM
Split of the 4 game series gives the Phillies a 4-3 win in the season series, and keeps the Cubs at .5 game ahead of the Phillies in the standings.

With the Cubs playing the Mets and the Phils the Brewers this weekend, our interests are temporarily aligned bret.
For one weekend, and one weekend only, go Cubs!
8/2/2007 10:24 PM
i know it is going to be a very interesting weekend
8/3/2007 6:40 AM
Updated.
Not much changed, still 10 up in the main bet. Soriano's injury is going to make it very tough for Bret to win the first side bet, especially since Rollins already has more steals. Burrell has been creeping up on Ramirez in the RBIs for a few weeks, but I doubt he can catch him, and it probably won't matter anyhow.
Lee hit 5 doubles last week, if he keeps that sort of thing up he could make the 2nd sidebet interesting, especially if Utley misses much more than another week.
8/6/2007 3:51 PM
Updated.

Not a good week for Bret.
8/13/2007 5:17 PM
updated
8/27/2007 4:23 PM
updated
Change in the sidebet standings for the first time in quite a while, as Burrell now has more RBIs than Ramirez so I have a 6-3 lead. I thought bret might catch a break if Hamels didn't come back, thinking he might not qualify for the ERA title if he didn't get some more innings in, but he has 167 and the standard is 162 (1/game).
Realistic possibility that the main bet is history by this time next week.
9/10/2007 10:05 AM
yeah, i have all but given up on making up anymore ground on this bet, i can only hope they hold it together for the next week and a half and get through their next two series and still remain tied for the NL lead or hopefully if pittsburgh and take a couple from the brewers see them on top of the central this weekend
9/10/2007 10:11 AM
bump for final update coming in a few minutes.
9/30/2007 9:32 PM
Okay bret, pay up.
You can hold onto $25 for now and send it where it needs to go, on my behalf, when we sort out the fantasy baseball prizes.
9/30/2007 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By AlCheez on 9/30/2007
Okay bret, pay up.
You can hold onto $25 for now and send it where it needs to go, on my behalf, when we sort out the fantasy baseball prizes.
sorry, I missed this prior to sending the gc. you will have the full amount today
10/1/2007 9:44 AM
That's fine, I can just use the credit on my account to buy the GC I need for the auction league.
10/1/2007 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...19 Next ▸
Cheez Takes Bret’s Money - 2011 edition Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.