D3 Gameplanning & Recruiting Topic

bump
10/21/2009 5:15 PM
bump
12/10/2009 9:36 AM
What happened to the beginning of this thread?
2/10/2010 1:12 PM
I noticed this too tkimble. Could be a lot of the information has become outdated (e.g. "unimprovable stats). This thread sure was valuable when I first started. I think the SF in D3 debate is always a good thing to revisit, too.
3/20/2010 2:46 PM
Anyone out there offering any mentoring?   I am a GD cutover and am struggling quite a bit with HD.  If anyone out there could answer a few questions through PM, please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it!
7/22/2010 9:55 PM
Posted by sordie on 2/1/2008 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Quote: Originally Posted By oldresorter on 1/10/2008
ANSWER: one thing about keeping teams great, is to look 2-3 years ahead when recruiting, to do a depth chart that far out.
This is great advice, and to take it one step further: try to ensure that each starting position and most of the backup minutes will be filled by upperclassmen each season -- even projecting several seasons into the future.

It's common for lower division coaches to do opportunistic recruiting, just grabbing the best players in the area. That often results in a talent glut at one position and team's getting stuck depending on freshmen at other positions.

Try to recruit for need.
I have implemented this idea and it has worked great for me. I have a spreadsheet on my computer so I can track my team over the next 4-5 seasons, see when players are graduating and can plan ahead to ensure that I never get caught short at a particular position. It has changed how I recruit and I think it has enabled to me to have better overall teams.
9/26/2010 4:50 PM
bump

12/16/2010 11:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11
D3 Gameplanning & Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.