D3 Gameplanning & Recruiting Topic

You can sign a guy for schollie + promises.
6/1/2007 8:06 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/3/2007 11:38 PM
Thank you fellows so much for this information. It's so much more fun to be, rather than a clueless paco, a man with a plan. Y'all are numero uno hombres.
8/14/2007 11:39 AM
Thanks for this detailed information. I was having a little trouble recruiting, and this will help my methods greatly.
8/15/2007 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldresorter on 5/30/2007
REDSHIRT BUTTON
I got a sitemail about using the button, thought I'd post the response for everyone.
I have now twice gotten the redshirt "button" while recruiting to work for me. In both cases, I was trying to get the recruit off of my list. In both cases, once the recruit took the redshirt, I kept them.
Generally, the only way a recruit will accept the button, is if they are significantly worse than the rest of your team. I would NEVER offer the redshirt while recruiting to anyone I was serious about.
I do redshirt all the time, but after the player has arrived signed and on the roster, but b4 the start of the season. If their WE drops, I just take it back, and the WE moves right back up. Another trick is you can try soph's b4 recruiting, but do not redshirt jr's or sr's.
OldResorter
I disagree with this completely. I use the RS button all the time, especially in D-III. Often have to spend a little extra on the guy to get him to take it, so it is best used on local guys...

Not sure it is the best thing for new coaches, but guys with dynasty-type programs can do well with it. Have also on occasion successfully RS-ed jrs, but not nearly as often as sophs.
8/16/2007 11:46 AM
Agreed...
8/16/2007 3:57 PM
A very nice thread for coaches needing to learn the ins and outs of recruiting.
8/21/2007 10:50 AM
Sorry for the basic question, it's my first year....

How do you know when someone has "dropped down" from d2 to d3 and when does this usually occur?

Thanks.
8/28/2007 4:17 PM
I think i will try to copy and paste into word and then check every once in a while.....

Another random recruiting question. The only two guys considering me right now are giving me messages like this -

"It would be a dream to play for you at Grove City, I don't know why they make me wait to sign, but I guess that's what I have to do."

and

"dude, how sick is it that Grove City sent me a letter!! playing for you at Grove City would be so awesome."

I've dumped about 700 into both of them and offered 15 min playing time.

I know the list of variables involved is too long to list, but any guess at a percentage chance of getting them? 70% each maybe? Higher?

Thanks for the guide and thanks for answering my last question so fast, i am currently obsessed with trying to figure out how this game works and you are making it a lot easier on me.
8/28/2007 10:44 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
8/29/2007 12:56 AM
wow, very nice oldre, very nice.
10/14/2007 2:08 PM
very nice oldresorter lots of juicy stuff to chew on, thank you!
10/19/2007 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldresorter on 10/24/2007
regarding practice plans, I had a coach sitemail me, commenting that 3 minutes of practice time should hold both LP and PER rather than 7 or 8, which I currently use,
I am doing a little experimenting with this, anyone else have any info about the minimum pratice time required to not get worse at a given skill?
I also think the min practice time for FT's is 10 minutes, without getting worse.
I think admin gave that as an estimate when they split, but I've found that really only works for a starter with a 50+ WE. I had an issue where a player on one of my teams declined practicing 5 min in PE despite an 82 WE and 13-14 minutes of PT. According to a ticket it was less than a full point decrease over the course of a season, but still.

After that I haven't gone less than 5 on PE/LP and haven't noticed any problems. I have gone down to 9 for FT%, but only on the edges of the spectrum, A or A+ or D and worse. There weren't changes in the ratings or noticable differences in performance. Any other categories I use 7 as a minimum and haven't had any problems, unless a guy has a WE below 25.

Also - congrats on the dual NTs. That makes the DIII title count W. CT State 8 - Field 8. Very impressive.
10/24/2007 12:34 PM
Great thread, helps a ton, I was wondering if anyone has had success with all 0 on shot distribution or what everyone does in that instance?
10/26/2007 3:07 PM
11/14/2007 8:20 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...11 Next ▸
D3 Gameplanning & Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.