D3 Gameplanning & Recruiting Topic

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything as somebody tried to poach a center away from me that was considering only me.
May end up with a walkon anyways as I have a little too much money in him to let him go.
2/5/2008 10:12 AM
Ignore practice minutes to any skill less than 30, unless it is a primary skill (bh for a guard or rb for a center) - this is especially true for DEF
so if a skill is at say 24, it doesnt pay to give it any practice time at all? How long before it dwindles down to nothing. and you say that is esp true for DEF..isnt DEF good?
and just to make sure i have this theory right...0 (ZERO) time at LP/RE for guards and 0 (ZERO) practice time at PE/P/BH for Big Men?
2/8/2008 3:50 PM
..I am not doubting the advice, just trying to clarify it is all...
2/8/2008 6:15 PM
Dang I bunch of just horrible defenders how do improve them or just give up trying already? You and this has been a lo of help...
2/11/2008 11:38 PM
I want to thank OR and other owners that have posted in here.
I should have read in here before i started. You live and learn.
Anyways, I will take your advice and put it towards my future seasons. Again, thank you guys/gals (if there are any).
2/12/2008 1:01 PM
Patience how hard is it to improve defense? I said that and came in there were two frosh went up a point in defense! There is hope we're at 3-3.
2/12/2008 8:10 PM
bump
2/20/2008 5:32 PM
this is great advice, i agree with pretty much everything. I think that minutes work better, but im certainly not a veteran coach. Do you think that i am not letting my team get to their full potential?
2/20/2008 9:50 PM
bump
3/4/2008 8:55 AM
bump
3/11/2008 10:13 AM
Awesome information to the newbs.
I will be starting my first season in the Phelen world.
If you don't mind OR, I would love to site mail you from time to time to pick your brain.
I can't tell all the vets enough how appreciative guys like me are who are just starting out when they can get info like this to help us.
3/12/2008 4:13 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I found this information invaluable getting started with HD.
3/18/2008 12:51 PM
any advice on FW in the practice plan? does it help?
3/24/2008 10:17 PM
It'll definitely help, yanks. FW imrpoves both defense and shotblocking (does it still improve LP?)...but both of them at a very slow pace. If you want a good defensive team, the best thing to do is to recruit for it...you're not going to recruit a poor defensive player and then make him a good one with practice (IQ notwishstanding) like you can with some of the other skills. By no means am I suggesting you punt FW, just don't expect any drastic improvements.
3/25/2008 9:37 AM
Oldresorter - just want to say thanks! This is really helpful for us newbies. I appreciate you taking the time to organize and share this information.
4/4/2008 12:38 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸
D3 Gameplanning & Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.