2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

I honestly can't remember a season where I had such a lack of enthusiasm on Opening Night. I honestly don't see this team making playoffs, and there's really not a lot to build around at the moment. Thank god I've got the Sox for a few more weeks (I hope) and the Pats for several months.
Goaltending - Tim Thomas and a slightly more experienced version of Tim Thomas named Manny Fernandez. I've never cared for either, and I don't think either one is that great. Some hope for the future in Rask, but he's not going to be a difference maker for a couple of years most likely.
Defense - Ugh, now this is a disaster. Chara needs to rebound in a HUGE way. Some decent young guys in Stuart and Wideman, but they'd likely be #5-6 on most other teams. Don't even ask me about the the 2 guys from Boston College (Alberts and Allen).
Forwards - Bergeron, Kessel, Bochenski are all great young forwards. Savard's a hell of a playmaker, but without a true sniper, what good is he? Glen Murray? Yeah, a few years ago maybe. Krejci and Lucic are rookies, so I'm not judging them yet, but Krejci looked pretty good in Providence last year. Most of the rest of the team is 3rd-4th liners at best.
My Prediction: 33-41-4-4 Fighting with Montreal for last in the Northeast.
10/5/2007 6:21 AM
i like fernandez more than you
everybody else sux
i think chara will be better than last season
p.s. didn't the revs just win the championship????
TITLE TOWN!!!!!
10/5/2007 8:04 AM
No, the Revs just won the US Open Cup. Not the MLS Cup. This is why soccer is so dumb. Divergent objectives. Too many side tourneys. They don't even count towards their MLS record.
10/5/2007 8:50 AM
i haven't even heard of tim thomas. i like fernandez a little. not a big chara fan myself.

but yeah sak, doesn't sound like they got a lot to work with this year. how many years are they gonna be rebuilding? other teams seem to be able to turn things around in a couple years.
10/6/2007 11:42 AM
Who was in the net last night?
10/7/2007 12:04 PM
Lucic will be a good player.
10/7/2007 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pickles7020 on 10/07/2007
Who was in the net last night?
Tim Thomas. Let's see how he fares when he plays against an NHL team though.
10/7/2007 12:44 PM
maybe not great from a defensive perspective, but you guys knocked in eight goals tonight. though it was against the kings. :>
10/13/2007 5:19 AM
Any team can score 8 goals on Hitler.... uh coach Dave Lewis's team. I guess he is the defensive coach??
10/13/2007 8:37 AM
So far so good....but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
10/19/2007 10:50 AM
The road trip didn't go too bad for the B's. I even heard Jacob's actually stop by the comentary booth for a bit so who knows what to expect from this squad.
10/19/2007 2:45 PM
That's more in line with what I expected from this team.....
10/22/2007 10:30 PM
They sure got pounded in Montreal. It looked a LOT like last year. Chara has sure been a waste of money, so far.
10/24/2007 4:49 PM
Chara=teh suck
Biggest ***** in hockey. Not tough at all.
10/24/2007 5:50 PM
He pounded the snots out of Koci from the Hawks tonight. Ice was splattered with the kid's blood.
10/25/2007 9:37 PM
1|2|3...73 Next ▸
2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.