2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Well he is a frigg'n giant! If he connects once it should be enough to give an average guy a concussion.
On the other side, I am glad to see Kessel getting some more goals this year, I hope he continues to improve.
10/25/2007 9:45 PM
Finally Chara shows some backbone. His ***** factor is down 10%, but he is still one.
10/26/2007 10:20 AM
Koci's nose was broken in their previous game. Chara just re-broke it for him.

And SAK, Tim Thomas is #1 in the week's player power rankings, or whatever TSN calls it.

Thought you could use the laugh.
10/26/2007 11:45 AM
Maybe he'll keep playing well so that he can increase his trade value. Send him off at midseason for a forward who can score, and bring up Rask. The Bruins should be about 10 pts of the race by then, so there won't be any pressure on Rask to carry the team.
10/26/2007 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By whalers10 on 10/25/2007
He pounded the snots out of Koci from the Hawks tonight. Ice was splattered with the kid's blood.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C9TemTZlweo
10/26/2007 9:11 PM
Thanks for the link blackmink. Great to see that one again.
10/30/2007 1:05 PM
I actually think there is more to this team than they are being given credit for. Sure its a bunch of no name kids, but who needs a bunch of overpriced "stars"? If they play the team mentality that Julien is trying to instill, it just might work. You don't need a bunch of high skill players not playing a cohesive system, that is called Rangers' hockey, and how's that workin' for them?
10/30/2007 5:50 PM
No, but you need some players that actually have skill...and the Bruins are sorely lacking in that department. If Tim Thomas and Manny Fernandez are still the 2 netminders at the trading deadline, this team will not make the playoffs. Thomas is not a very good goalie and Fernandez was a product of Minnesota's system.
If Bergeron is out a month as I've been reading, then the downward spiral may begin sooner rather than later.
10/30/2007 9:43 PM
Thomas is not that bad of a goalie, if he can get some team defense played in front of him, the Bruins can be a playoff caliber team.
10/30/2007 10:47 PM
Tim Thomas is NOT a good goalie. He flops around and gets lucky. That worked for Dominik Hasek, but Thomas is no Hasek. There's a reason it took Thomas 9 years after college to make it to the NHL on a regular basis. He's already 33, do you think he's going to get better or start declining even more from here? If he was really that good, why did the Bruins trade for Manny Fernandez in the offseason (who isn't that good either)?
10/31/2007 6:34 AM
I never was comparing him to Hasek, and yes I realize he probably only has a couple more good years before he starts to decline. All I am saying is he had a winning record last year, his career GAA is 2.90, and Save Pct. of .912. He was not the main reason they failed to make the playoffs last year. He is a suitable goalie, but a lot of recent successful teams like the Sharks, Hurricanes, and the Sens so far this year, have started to use two goalies, and splitting the workload. It's going to be tough to win if you can't score any goals on even strength, which was the case last year.
10/31/2007 9:18 AM
He was 35th in the league in GAA and 26th in Save Percentage last year. You can't put ALL of that on the defense. For comparison, Fernandez was 15th in both categories last year.
I'd rather see them get a goalie that can stop the puck, but if you think that's good enough to carry the Bruins, that's fine. Then again, what do I know, I've only been watching this team for 30+ years, and have only seen Thomas at Providence and Boston for the past 6 years. Just because he was great on a loaded UVM team a decade ago does not mean that he's great now.
10/31/2007 9:35 AM
Thomas is good, not great. Fernandez hasn't shown me anything. They just called up Sigalet, so I am sure we will see what he has against the Sens this weekend, can't see Timmy playing both games. The D in front of them is mediocre to average, and the forwards are decent. I would suggest getting rid of Murray, his time is past, but perhaps his reputation will garner some trade bait interest. Trading away Boyes was a mistake, he is a solid playmaker
10/31/2007 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By SAKABAKBRG on 10/30/2007
No, but you need some players that actually have skill...and the Bruins are sorely lacking in that department. If Tim Thomas and Manny Fernandez are still the 2 netminders at the trading deadline, this team will not make the playoffs. Thomas is not a very good goalie and Fernandez was a product of Minnesota's system.
If Bergeron is out a month as I've been reading, then the downward spiral may begin sooner rather than later.

figuring out when someone will come back from a concussion is tough.

last i heard, he was day to day. but i wouldn't be surprised if he was out for a month or even longer
10/31/2007 12:41 PM
Breaking News:
Andrew Raycroft still sucks.
11/15/2007 8:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...73 Next ▸
2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.