2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

he scored a goal the other night vs the lightning
i think even he was surprised
1/3/2008 2:29 PM
8 straight losses to the Habs. It's the 70s all over again, except that the Bruins don't have guys like Middleton, McNab etc. You know, guys that can actually score.
1/11/2008 8:17 AM
It brings up bad memories of that f***ing too many men on the ice penalty in the old Forum during that playoff game. I'm starting to really hate the Canadiens again.
1/15/2008 11:50 AM
I never stopped.
Canadiens=Yankees
1/15/2008 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By SAKABAKBRG on 1/11/2008
8 straight losses to the Habs. It's the 70s all over again, except that the Bruins don't have guys like Middleton, McNab etc. You know, guys that can actually score.
Make that 9. This one got ugly early. I stand by my preseason prediction that the Bruins don't make the playoffs.
1/22/2008 8:54 PM
You know, I always thought that the B's couldn't be as bad as you say they are, but they have finally proved it to me. With the exception of Savard, Chara, Wideman, and Kessel, you literally have no one.....
1/22/2008 9:48 PM
NHL ALL STAR TIM THOMAS!!!!!
1/23/2008 10:44 AM
1/23/2008 10:46 AM
It's so funny how none of you posted after the home and home sweep within 15 hours of each other vs. the Rangers.

Just run to the thread when they (predictably?) lose to the Canadians.

They're um, still in the playoff hunt. They're 8th right now. The teams below them aren't exactly lighting the world on fire either (NYR, WAS, ATL, FLA, BUF).

Without their

Best player
Best pure scorer
Best penalty killer
Biggest offseason acquisition platoon goalie.
Other assorted injuries costing approx 1/2 the roster time missed.

As they get healthy, here's a thought, they might actually improve from how they're playing now. I know, novel concept.

They've played BETTER than their talent, yet can't get credit for what they do well.

Only the games they play badly.

Well you could make a friggin thread about 99% of the teams focusing on the negative. No on ******* about the Red Wings. Every other team has faults. If you were real fans you'd know that they're doing far far better than expected.

Not that you'd give credit.
1/23/2008 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By GimpyMcGee on 1/23/2008It's so funny how none of you posted after the home and home sweep within 15 hours of each other vs. the Rangers.

Just run to the thread when they (predictably?) lose to the Canadians.

They're um, still in the playoff hunt.

Without their

Best player
Best pure scorer
Best penalty killer
Biggest offseason acquisition platoon goalie.
Other assorted injuries costing approx 1/2 the roster time missed.

They've played BETTER than their talent, yet can't get credit for what they do well.

Only the games they play badly.

Well you could make a friggin thread about 99% of the teams focusing on the negative. No on ******* about the Red Wings. Every other team has faults. If you were real fans you'd know that they're doing far far better than expected.

Not that you'd give credit
I expected them to miss the playoffs. As they're currently constituted, my expectations will likely be met. This team has less talent than some of the NCAA teams I watch on a regular basis.

I'm supposed to be excited that they swept the Rangers? This is the same Ranger squad that was supposed to run away with their division yet is 1 point BEHIND the Bruins and in last place in the Atlantic, right? What's next? Celebrating when we take Buffalo to OT? Throwing a parade for a 2-goal loss to the Red Wings?

The fans are finally starting to show their displeasure by not showing up for games. They are 24th in the league in attendance, and averaging a bit over 80% capacity per game. A few more nights like last night, and that number will drop. Maybe then the higher-ups will get the point and actually get some talent on this team. I used to be proud to wear something with a Bruins logo on it. Now? Most of it sits in my closet. I've been to one game this year and honestly, I don't see myself going to another one unless someone gives me the tickets. I'm certainly not spending another dime on this team until they're worth it.
1/23/2008 11:11 AM
So again, you EXPECT them to be what? The 3rd/4th seed with those injuries?

Or you choose to ignore the fact that they conceivably SHOULD be better then the overachieving they're already doing.

Either way, turning it into a "Jacobs thing". when I present facts about how they're ACTUALLY doing, is pretty lame.

His decision-making is flawed most of the time. Wow. Newsflash.

They're friggin 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. As I've pointed out, and you've proven, the comments only come AFTER a bad loss.

So you think every loss should result in protests and boycotts?

You're a VERY rational fan aren't you?
1/23/2008 11:20 AM
Read the thread....I EXPECTED them to finish last in the division. Based on what I've seen for the whole year, nothing has changed my mind. In fact, had you bothered to read through the thread, you'd see that I did make some comments at times other than after a loss. Most of the time I haven't said anything because honestly, there's nothing to be said.
I'm not turning it into a "Jacobs thing". In fact, this isn't Jacobs's fault. He's allowed them to spend right to the cap. The problem is the guys in charge of the day-to-day, namely the GMs over the past few seasons. They've had 7 head coaches in the last 7 seasons. They have done a horrible job assembling talent on this roster, and their draft picks haven't been a whole lot better. I'm not going to pay exorbitant prices to go watch an NHL team with less talent than Boston College. I'd rather go watch a game between Northeastern and Merrimack. It'd probably be more exciting.
A rational fan sees his team for what it is, without the rose (or in this case Black and Gold) colored glasses on. So yes, I am a rational fan. The irrational fan would be one that's watched this team all season and still thinks that they're going to get better and have a run into the playoffs.
I also presented facts about how they are ACTUALLY doing. They've lost 9 straight games to a division rival. They are 6-8-3 against their division as a whole. They have missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row and 5 of the last 10 seasons. They have won exactly ONE playoff series in the past 12 seasons. They are 21st in the league in offense and they are tied for 12th in goals allowed. They are allowing the 4th most shots per game (only Florida, Atlanta, and Philly allow more). Where's that improved defense? Their PK is the 3rd worst in the league (ahead of only LA and Carolina). Getting 1 or 2 guys back from injury won't have a huge effect on that.
But please, tell me again why I should blindly cheer for this team and talk about everything that's good. There was a time when the Bruins ruled this city. I remember it. It was a great time to be a Bruins fan. Now? Nobody cares. The Bruins have become irrelevant. Losing has that effect. That won't change until there's a team worth rooting for, a team that has talent.
1/23/2008 11:52 AM
BRUINS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK
1/23/2008 1:21 PM
Mike O'Connell has done major damage to this team. It may take a could years before it has been repaired.
1/23/2008 1:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...73 Next ▸
2011 Stanley Cup Champions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.