PACKERS: Datone Jones is latest DL bust drafted Topic

My prediction was pretty close. Overall I'm not unhappy. Considering Favre was out for over half the game, Woodson and KGB were out, and Woodson's replacements made 2 long crucial pass interference penalties (the 2nd one completely bogus IMO), I think a 10-point game isn't all that shabby. And Favre, when he was in, played like absolute crap. What was with all the long balls? Collinsworth said it all game, get back to the f'ing offense!
11/29/2007 10:37 PM
That bogus PI call cost Green Bay the game, IMHO. The referee in view (the one who signaled incomplete) knew it was a bogus call. He waited forever to make a call.
11/29/2007 10:51 PM
I wasn't happy with the way they played, I guess they thought they needed to play zone without Woodson there.. Bush was horrible, as usual. I've generally been impressed with Williams when he plays and would like to see more of him and less of Bush. Harris played poorly... too jacked up for his battle with TO.
Favre getting hurt may have been the best thing to happen for the offense tonight.
I thought the refs hurt us a couple of times (particularly on the Harris strip and the 2nd PI call) but the defense didn't do itself any favors by allowing all those completions in 3rd-and-long situations.
Rodgers, if nothing else, really looked like a legitimate NFL QB for the first time in a regular season game. May have really helped out his trade value.
11/29/2007 11:11 PM
All in all, I think the Packers can play with Dallas but they need to clean a lot of things up, particularly the penalties. I'd like to think that it's a different game with Woodson back there.
11/29/2007 11:12 PM
So Woodson and KGB weren't playing tonight?
11/30/2007 1:45 AM
Well, The Pack lost tonight.. But, I'm really believing it will be different come the playoffs when it REALLY counts..
This game just came up at the EXACT WRONG time for The Packers..
11/30/2007 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By breum on 11/30/2007
So Woodson and KGB weren't playing tonight?
Correct. Nor was rookie safety Aaron Rouse (who has probably performed marginally better than Opening Day starter Nick Collins, who returned from injury this week) or Bubba Franks (no big loss there).
11/30/2007 5:58 AM
I just wanna know what the deal was with the offensive gameplan with Favre in there. It looked like the Redskins game, except instead of Favre underthrowing wide open deep guys, he was missing covered deep guys.
When Rodgers actually ran the offense it worked beautifully.
11/30/2007 7:12 AM
Favre was too pumped up or something. Hopefully he learned his lesson by watching Rodgers, because we can't afford to see "Bad Brett" again if we play in Dallas in January.
11/30/2007 8:38 AM
Yeah I am a Dallas fan and I admit two plays really influenced the game. McCarthy was wrong to challenge the strip early in the game because the play was blown dead; there was nothing to be overturned. The PI in the 4th quarter was questionable, but that is part of the game. Personally, I hate PI calls, and on long plays, I can certainly understand the college application of such, perhaps an ammendment to the yardage awarded would be better suited (oh well). McCarthy also made the wrong decision to kick a field goal late in the game--first off it was not a gimme, and secondly, if you can't get 6 inches on a QB sneak maybe you shouldn't be in the NFL. It is a shame that injuries and penalties were a factor, but such is the nature of the beast. Rodgers was excellent, and Green Bay is the real deal. A healthy squad would pose a serious threat to the Boys in January if both teams make it that far (nothing for granted). Even as a lifelong Boys fan, I hated to see Favre leave the game, as he has been my favorite QB since the legendary Danny White. May they meet again...
11/30/2007 11:58 AM
I thought the spot was bad on the 3rd down play before that field goal, also.
11/30/2007 1:15 PM
PACKERS ARE AN 8-8 TEAM IN THE AFC
11/30/2007 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mickjagger on 11/30/2007
PACKERS ARE AN 8-8 TEAM IN THE AFC
you're an idiot
11/30/2007 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mickjagger on 11/30/2007
JETS ARE A 5-11 TEAM IN THE NFC
Iffy.
11/30/2007 2:40 PM
WEST VIRGINIA IS A 3-13 TEAM IN THE NFL!!!
11/30/2007 6:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...65 Next ▸
PACKERS: Datone Jones is latest DL bust drafted Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.