Lefty 2B Topic

New!Theme League Classifieds
Have an idea for a theme league? Looking for owners? This is the place...
1448 51040 6/25/2008 at 11:43 pm
By uncleal
6/25/2008 11:52 PM
There was a Babe Ruth game today in my town and there was a LH2B. I asked him whether a LH2B has an advantage while turning two. At which point he laughed out loud and said "Are you crazy?"

I think that pretty much sums it up.

6/26/2008 10:48 PM
Unc back on Earth. See Johnny Dots' "Excel graphs" thread in the SimLeagues forum.
6/29/2008 9:37 AM
I've played in a few softball games where there were y 2nd basemen.

1 instance of a double play turn came up. SS underhanded to the 2b who was on the inside of the 2nd base and spun to his right about 270* degrees while falling off towards third (to not throw the ball in the runners mouth).

All that being said, he didn't get the guy at first (who wasn't a burner by any means)
6/30/2008 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blackmink18 on 6/30/2008I've played in a few softball games where there were y 2nd basemen. 1 instance of a double play turn came up. SS underhanded to the 2b who was on the inside of the 2nd base and spun to his right about 270* degrees while falling off towards third (to not throw the ball in the runners mouth). All that being said, he didn't get the guy at first (who wasn't a burner by any means)
Not to throw the ball into the runners mouth?? Must be things are done differently in Minnesota. Where I come from if the runner doesn't duck down when the 2nd baseman has the ball he losses his teeth. It is called ''low bridging.''
7/1/2008 8:55 AM
uncleal has made a few posts lately....
7/5/2008 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By blackmink18 on 6/30/2008
I've played in a few softball games where there were y 2nd basemen.

1 instance of a double play turn came up. SS underhanded to the 2b who was on the inside of the 2nd base and spun to his right about 270* degrees while falling off towards third (to not throw the ball in the runners mouth).

All that being said, he didn't get the guy at first (who wasn't a burner by any means)

Even if you get a grounder, you have to set yourself to get the guy at 1st.
7/9/2008 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ncmusician_7 on 7/05/2008
uncleal has made a few posts lately....

He must have gone to some Star Trek Romulan Voodoo doctor to erase his memory or something.
7/9/2008 9:31 PM
Video? Oh yeah there is none. Because it proves uncleal wrong
7/17/2008 8:23 PM
I played 2B in Little League as a -hander and as recently as 07 on a church softball team (I'm now pitching). When I was in Little League, I tried to pivot around on back side of the bag to turn a double play and that was nearly impossible to get the throw there in time. In softball, I thought of getting my foot to the inside corner of the bag, and getting into some sort of throwing position from that vantage point, so as not to waste any motion.
7/17/2008 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By terry00 on 7/17/2008I played 2B in Little League as a -hander and as recently as 07 on a church softball team ... In softball, I thought of getting my foot to the inside corner of the bag, and getting into some sort of throwing position from that vantage point, so as not to waste any motion
And this unwasted motion looked like what, exactly? Please tell us it looked like uncleal's description. And you've got video.
7/17/2008 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By uncleal on 10/18/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By zbrent716 on 10/18/2007

How about because I'd be interested to hear from other y MI to see if they think it is a disadvantage?
Even though it has been years since I've played 2B (Little League), I will state with confidence that it is actually a slight advantage to be LH (at 2B). Why?

1. Double plays. Throw comes in, slightly less transfer time for LH. Not much of a difference in a vacuum, but baseball is a games of inches and seconds.

2. Grounders up the middle. With your glove on your right hand, you don't have to travel quite as far to reach it from the second baseman's position.

3. Bunts. The 2B must act as a 1B and the advantages of a LH 1B are well documented.

(Shortstop, OTOH, still is better when RH)

7/17/2008 11:52 PM
I don't see a distinct advantage or disadvantage as a y or righty 2B...
7/18/2008 1:00 AM
I hope that is really bad sarcasm
7/18/2008 1:21 AM
Given the poster, it's tough to tell.
7/18/2008 11:37 AM
◂ Prev 1...72|73|74|75|76...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.