Lefty 2B Topic

wow, i can't believe people are actually trying to argue lefties can play 2B better...wow, just wow
6/20/2010 11:44 PM
Does anyone know why the word "left" was deleted from the transferred posts?
6/23/2010 6:06 PM
I blame Obama.
6/23/2010 6:17 PM
Oooooh, WIS is owned by foxsports...  maybe they have something that auto-deletes anything from the left...
6/23/2010 6:20 PM
There's a Beyonce/Irreplaceable joke in there somewhere, but I can't be bothered teasing it out.
6/23/2010 6:24 PM
WE GET 80PAGES NOW! YESSSSSSSSSSS
6/24/2010 1:04 AM
Bump
7/7/2010 10:29 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 6/17/2008 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Quote: Originally Posted By mikeclaw on 4/03/2008
CLIFF'S NOTES TIMELINE OF THE THREAD
(for those who feel like they can't read the whole thing)
10/17/07 - stevehogget posts in another thread, speculating that a y could play 2B
10/18/07 - zbrent copies those posts and creates this thread, thus ensuring a spot in whatifsports history ... nine hours after the thread is posted, uncleal weighs in, starting the comedy in motion by suggesting that a y actually had the advantage when it comes to playing 2B
10/19/07 - discussion turns to techniques. the SALT SHAKER and the NINJA FLIP are introduced. ... uncleal challenges conventional wisdom by noting that there's no real reason your arm has to move across the front of your body when you throw
10/20/07 - after attempting to back out of the discussion with an "agree to disagree" offer, uncleal returns to post his miraculous six-step method for turning a double play handed. when someone asks him at what point he turns to face first base, he replies "did i say anything about turning?" hilarity ensues.
10/21/07 - uncleal returns to add a seventh step (labeled step 4 1/2), thus introducing the EXORCIST technique and the potential for serious injury. ... anton makes the first suggestion of a possible videotape, and zbrent, recognizing this stroke of genius, seconds the motion.
10/22/07 - uncleal accepts the challenge to videotape himself. speculation immediately arises that he's bluffing
10/31/07 - first time the thread is bumped to keep it out front
11/05/07 - uncleal swears he's for real, vows to provide the video ... in March
11/08/07 - uncleal proposes that the only reason there aren't y 2Bs in pro ball is that all ies are discouraged at a young age because of their coaches' prejudice
11/10/07 - uncleal vows that he is done with this discussion and that his next post will be the video itself. (subsequent uncleal posts - 30. video - none.)
11/17/07 - thread falls to page 4 of the forum. it is bumped back to the top and a concerted effort follows. it never again falls below the top of page 2.
02/18/08 - the TASMANIAN DEVIL technique is suggested
02/27/08 - the BOOMERANG technique is suggested
02/29/08 - with March fast approaching, uncleal clarifies that he is under no pressure at the start of March and notes that he actually has until March 31 to make good on his promise. he assures that it will happen.
03/09/08 - the LONG SNAPPER technique is suggested
03/10/08 - the EXTRA ARM technique is suggested, touching off a brief debate out whether teams should employ a hard-charging fielder or a hard-charging center fielder to take the flip from the y 2B, do a crow hop and fire the relay peg to first. ... uncleal announces a filming date of 03/12.
03/12/08 - uncleal foiled by camera thief. announces plans to try again tomorrow. toddcommish alerts all TV stations in San Diego of the time, place and basic details of the fiasco
03/13/08 - "coach" "films" uncleal turning two. celebrations erupt in anticipation of the video being posted
03/14/08 - uncleal doesn't see coach today. ... speculation arises that uncleal filmed a righty and plans to post the video running backward. when it is noted that the words on the uniforms would be reversed, uncleal says that "coach" was so far away during "filming" that you won't be able to see the lettering on the uniforms.
03/16/08 - coach's photograph is posted. hilarity ensues.
03/17/08 - picking up on the fun, whatifsports announces harsh defensive penalties for any sim manager stupid enough to put a y at second base. ... "coach" forgot to bring in the "video."
03/18/08 - upset that information about the coach has been posted, uncleal sends in a ticket to have the thread deleted. amid much panic, the offending posts are changed and, two hours later, uncleal rescinds his ticket and allows the thread to stay up. a collective sigh of relief is heard.
03/19/08 - muddy introduces his "no such video exists" mantra.
03/20/08 - a bored rojorider rickrolls the thread. try saying "rojorider rickrolls" five times fast.
03/23/08 - uncleal cryptically bemoans that the situation is "still out of my hands."
03/26/08 - someone mentions seeing a y playing shortstop in a slow-pitch softball game. uncleal replies that it would be silly to suggest a y could play shortstop.
03/29/08 - uncleal cryptically bemoans that "there's only so much i can do."
03/31/08 - uncleal's self-imposed deadline passes. still no video.
04/02/08 - as the calendar turns over, the possibility that it was all an elaborate April Fool's joke is dismissed.
04/03/08 - the wait continues.
For those arriving late...
Bump of the Cliff's notes : AWESOME IN AND OF ITSELF
7/7/2010 10:55 PM
Lefty 2b

About 5,040,000 results

Search Results

1. WhatIfSports Discussion Forum: Lefty 2B

Subject Topic: Lefty 2B ... As a result, I ban you from the den of my bff mark (he's lefty too). Guess where I intend to post the video? ...
    wisjournal.com/forums/threads.asp?ForumID=1...1...44 - Cached
  2. Major League Baseball question: left-handed 2B, 3B, SS? [Archive ...

25 posts - 14 authors - Last post: Aug 5, 2006
    [Archive] Major League Baseball question: left-handed 2B, 3B, SS? ... One of the last semi-serious attempts to play a lefty at 3B occurred ...
    boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-382119.html - Cached

Get more discussion results

3. WhatIfSports Discussion Forum: Lefty 2B

Simulate past or future games in NCAA basketball, NCAA football, NBA, MLB, and NFL. Join a SimLeague for more serious competition!
    https://69.20.126.179/forums/threads.asp?ForumID=1... - Cached
7/9/2010 4:22 PM
I notice that we passed the THREE-YEAR  anniversary of this milestone thread in the history of WIS.  Two-time thread of the year winner.  Introduced such phrases as "no such video exists" and "ninja star flip" to the lexicon.

This is the WIS thread equivalent of the Magna Carta, and should be treated as such.
10/22/2010 4:01 PM
There is an uncleal sighting! 
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=427955&TopicsTimeframe=30

I gave the post a thumbs down.
10/31/2010 8:16 PM
Merry Christmas to all!  May you find a LH2B under your tree!
12/23/2010 5:32 PM
He claimed the video was on youtube:

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx
12/23/2010 6:00 PM
I read the cliff notes again, and laughed all over again. And I'd like everybody to know that I said "rojorider rickrolls" five time fast and F'n nailed it!
12/24/2010 12:30 AM
bump for naploean. wait napolean this an unlceal alias
1/25/2011 5:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...78|79|80|81|82...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.