Lefty 2B Topic

I believe he's insinuating that you're a 'tard.
I'm forced to confirm that he's right.
10/21/2007 9:07 AM
How often does a second baseman get to stand still turning a double play? If you do that at the big league level, you're usually going to die as the runner comes into second.
10/21/2007 9:13 AM
I can't believe he actually went through step by step with his bullsh*t. Amazing.
10/21/2007 9:16 AM
Has anyone in the thread actually attempted to go through the motion or is everyone just degrading me?
10/21/2007 9:40 AM
Yes. You're an idiot for not thinking there's a disadvantage.
Can a LH play 2nd? Yes. Is it impractical and full of disadvantages? Yes.
10/21/2007 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 10/21/2007
Yes. You're an idiot for not thinking there's a disadvantage.
Can a LH play 2nd? Yes. Is it impractical and full of disadvantages? Yes.
I hate when one person gives two options and the response is "Yes"...

Have you tried to do what I described yet? It does take a little practice to get right...
10/21/2007 10:03 AM
Even I thought that motion could get the job done as well as right hander, it starts with you standing still at 2nd base. Seriously, how often are you at the bag far enough ahead of the play to be standing still, without making the SS wait on their throw? What happens when you can't get there that quickly? And how do you stay off the DL when you're getting blown up on virtually every play because your throwing motion makes you a statue.
10/21/2007 10:11 AM
I hate when one person can't accept reality.
I played a good bit of SS. It's the same thing as taking a throw from the 1B/2B and throwing to third. It's awkward and takes too long to do successfully.
10/21/2007 10:12 AM
And the up the middle range "advantage" is fairly comical. I have the same advantage on balls hit in the hole to my . So if we have the same speed, reaction time, etc, we both have the exact same distance we can cover in getting to balls. So if I want to be able to cover the exact same territory as you, I just shade more to the middle than you would. Then we're both getting to the exact same number of ground balls, and I can make the throw on more of them than you can.
10/21/2007 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By AlCheez on 10/21/2007
And the up the middle range "advantage" is fairly comical. I have the same advantage on balls hit in the hole to my . So if we have the same speed, reaction time, etc, we both have the exact same distance we can cover in getting to balls. So if I want to be able to cover the exact same territory as you, I just shade more to the middle than you would. Then we're both getting to the exact same number of ground balls, and I can make the throw on more of them than you can.
Except that the 1B can get the balls you would have gotten down 3.5...
10/21/2007 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By AlCheez on 10/21/2007
Even I thought that motion could get the job done as well as right hander, it starts with you standing still at 2nd base. Seriously, how often are you at the bag far enough ahead of the play to be standing still, without making the SS wait on their throw? What happens when you can't get there that quickly? And how do you stay off the DL when you're getting blown up on virtually every play because your throwing motion makes you a statue.
Pretty often, seeing as I should be moving as fast as the ground ball is hit, unless it is hit very hard. If I am still moving, that would be the rare time that I couldn't turn it. As far as the rest of what this says, it isn't even comprehendable...
10/21/2007 11:19 AM
You've never seen a 2B get destroyed at the bag by a runner trying to break up the double play?
10/21/2007 11:57 AM
Obviously not. That doesn't happen to ies, though.
10/21/2007 12:13 PM
Because they're not playing secondbase?
10/21/2007 12:44 PM
That's about right.

You know, there might be a REASON we don't see ies playing second base...I wonder what it could be.....
10/21/2007 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.