Lefty 2B Topic

perhaps it's a short bus school.
10/22/2007 4:55 PM
Where do you live uncleal?
I would consider spending whatever $ it takes to fly to wherever you are and help you film this just so that I can watch it over and over again until I **** myself to death.
10/22/2007 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By rojorider on 10/22/2007
Quote: Originally Posted By uncleal on 10/22/2007

Quote: Originally Posted By toddcommish on 10/22/2007

Uncleal,
Just get a camera. Put it on the mound facing 2nd base (use the slope of the mound to aim it at the right height). Stand on 2nd base facing 3B/SS position.
Now throw it handed to first base.
Then go to the orthopedic surgeon to help you with your torn labrum. Use the video evidence for your insurance.
Except if I have everyone else it'll prove that the throw did actually throw the batter out. I need to wait for school to get back in session (if it ever does), then I can start talking to people...
What, still not sure if the local CC is gonna invite you back for another semester?

If they do (unlikely), try taking a physics class and an excercise science class. Then come back and admit you have no idea what you're talking about.

Shut. Up. If you know anything about me, you know perfectly well why school is not in session right now (or if you don't, try watching the news. Pay close attention to news about wildfires...)
10/22/2007 5:50 PM
Hey randallball, that's not far from you, head on down there!
10/22/2007 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By uncleal on 10/20/2007

1. I stand touching 2nd base, looking at 3rd base.
Alright, clarify this one for me. I'm trying to understand what you're trying to convey here. Which foot is 2B, right or ? Is your body on the 1B or 3B side of 2B? Or are you just standing square on top of the bag? Or what?

As I see it there are 3 options.

1. foot on the bag, body on the 3B side of 2B, right arm outstretched to receive the catch, facing the infield. This is highly unlikely though, as you would only have time to get in this position if David Ortiz is running and the ball is hit by a 6 year old. It would avoid you getting sent flying though when all 300 pounds of Big Papi comes sliding into the bag though.

2. Right foot on the bag, body on the 1B side of 2B, right arm outstretched to receive the catch, facing the infield. You could actually conceivably get in this position, but with the immobility of your cement-footed throw, you'd be taken out by the runner every time. Imagine trying to catch the toss, tag the base, jump, and throw how you're describing it. It's already a ****** throw, having to dodge a runner will end up with the throw to first about 30 feet away in right field.

Also, if I'm picturing this right, you're suggesting you basically just throw the baseball like a shotput (except from a statue-like standstill)? Good luck having any accuracy at all with that, and without the spin to "power up" the ball's gonna make it about 60-70 feet tops before it hits the ground.

3. Right foot is touching the back of the bag, arm is over the bag ready to recieve catch.
10/22/2007 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kbosch on 10/22/2007Hey randallball, that's not far from you, head on down there
Except I-15 is closed and I-5 will be any hour now... wait 'til the fires burn themselves out...
10/22/2007 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kbosch on 10/22/2007
Except I-15 is closed and I-5 will be any hour now... wait 'til the fires burn themselves out..
FIRE DAY TOMORROW!!!!!! I'll be at Hooters instead of work!!!

If you can convince the management of Hooters downtown to allow you to film this stunt inside, I'll provide the people to settle this matter.
10/22/2007 7:40 PM

Shut. Up. If you know anything about me, you know perfectly well why school is not in session right now (or if you don't, try watching the news. Pay close attention to news about wildfires...)
And why would I know anything about you?

Exactly my point!
10/22/2007 8:11 PM
Holy ****, best thread ever.
10/22/2007 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By reddevil19 on 10/22/2007

Quote: Originally Posted By kbosch on 10/22/2007
Except I-15 is closed and I-5 will be any hour now... wait 'til the fires burn themselves out...
FIRE DAY TOMORROW!!!!!! I'll be at Hooters instead of work!!!

If you can convince the management of Hooters downtown to allow you to film this stunt inside, I'll provide the people to settle this matter.

Why would I film this inside where darkness will allow people to think that the positive result is fishy?
10/22/2007 8:12 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
10/22/2007 8:33 PM
The only darkness problem I've ever had at Hooters in Downtown San Diego is the black shirts they insist on wearing on Friday.
I will also be willing to fill out an sworn, notarized affadavit affirming the results.
10/22/2007 8:51 PM
I'm a bit late getting to this thread, but I have to admit, it's the hardest I've laughed at anything here at whatif in quite some time. That post on page 2 of the thread, where unclean acknowledges that on a double play he has to fling the ball like a Frisbee but insists that this is really a more efficient motion ... oh my God, I laughed until I lost my breath. And then later, when he gives the step-by-step description and explains that he keeps his feet planted but contorts his upper body like Linda Blair spinning her head in "The Exorcist" ...
This is the funniest stuff in quite a while. Now I wish I could go back and change some of my votes in the dumbass poll.
10/22/2007 9:07 PM
is right, and right is wrong
10/22/2007 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By reddevil19 on 10/22/2007

The only darkness problem I've ever had at Hooters in Downtown San Diego is the black shirts they insist on wearing on Friday.
I will also be willing to fill out an sworn, notarized affadavit affirming the results.
Let's just give the fires some time to burn themselves out. Call me scared if you wish, but I do not want to leave my house because an evacuation order could be coming any second. Especially tomorrow as the Harris fire continues to head straight for me.
However, once the fires have gotten under control, if I still have a house I will sitemail you to set up a time.
10/22/2007 10:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.