Lefty 2B Topic

Or he castrated himself for no real reason.
5/8/2008 12:10 PM
With a "cord".

5/9/2008 6:31 AM
Sadly, without regular input from Uncleal, this thread loses its legs. He gave us this great gift, and now he's letting it die. What I wouldn't give for one more matter-of-fact explanation of how the human spinal cord can twist itself into a pretzel, or one more apoplectic threat to ban everyone from his spaceship.

5/11/2008 9:43 AM
The sad thing is he is on the site almost non stop, just refuses to hop in here. I think he finally realizes how stupid he is.
5/11/2008 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mikeclaw on 5/11/2008
Sadly, without regular input from Uncleal, this thread loses its legs. He gave us this great gift, and now he's letting it die. What I wouldn't give for one more matter-of-fact explanation of how the human spinal cord can twist itself into a pretzel, or one more apoplectic threat to ban everyone from his spaceship.

The only thing that can save this thread is if someone posts a video of a y turning two. And even that isn't a sure thing.

Does WIS have an archive for threads that are epic like this one?

5/11/2008 5:43 PM
Yeah, I just got back from 3 days in Vegas and was hoping that there would have been some worthy developments in this thread in my absence. I think it has run its course, unless we get the video. It should be good laugh material though for a long time to come.
5/11/2008 9:03 PM
I'll try to film a reverse DP (I suggested this earlier, but now I think it's the only thing that can be done to save the thread) sometime in the next two weeks.

See what I can do.

5/12/2008 6:41 AM
i seen it done again this last weekend. i'll try to remember to take my camera with me next weekend. hopefully they'll do it again.
5/12/2008 4:35 PM
which if i do i guess i'll have to learn how to upload a video. i like the still pics not so much the videos
5/12/2008 4:36 PM
Even though we've hit a small roadblock for this thread, page 2 is unacceptable.
5/13/2008 11:25 PM
It's not a "small roadblock." Uncleal is killing the beautiful beast that he created.

5/14/2008 4:32 AM
My son is 19, he plays men's softball now that he's out of high school. He has filled in on my team a couple of times, and he's played infield, for the most part (cuz most of the older guys have no lateral movement whatsoever)... Oh, and he's handed.

he played SS a couple games, and actually made some nice plays, with no problem. Some back handers up the middle, even turned a 4-6-3 DP.

Last week he played 2nd base. I wasn't at the game, but he came home afterwards and told me about it. His first words were "You can't play second base if you're handed." I laughed and told him about this thread. He went on to say how impossible it is to turn a double play, about how they tried it twice and after taking way too long to catch the ball and turn and throw, he was so off-balance that his throws were 15 feet off the mark.

And this is freakin softball, not baseball.

Just filling space, since our beloved thread-starter has deserted us.
5/14/2008 11:23 AM
Since uncleal's "high school baseball team" that he is the "scorekeeper" for, just won a league championship for the first time in the school's history, perhaps he will beam back in here soon and at least provide a courtesy update/apology.
5/14/2008 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By metallicafan on 5/14/2008
Last week he played 2nd base. I wasn't at the game, but he came home afterwards and told me about it. His first words were "You can't play second base if you're handed." I laughed and told him about this thread. He went on to say how impossible it is to turn a double play, about how they tried it twice and after taking way too long to catch the ball and turn and throw, he was so off-balance that his throws were 15 feet off the mark.

And this is freakin softball, not baseball.

Just filling space, since our beloved thread-starter has deserted us
(sound of palm slapping forehead)

That's the whole point. You don't turn. You throw as hard as you can with your feet still pointed toward third base.

If he doesn't like Exoricst, show him some of the other suggestions herein and see if he thinks any of them are workable.

5/14/2008 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By reddevil19 on 5/14/2008Since uncleal's "high school baseball team" that he is the "scorekeeper" for, just won a league championship for the first time in the school's history, perhaps he will beam back in here soon and at least provide a courtesy update/apology
I just hope they "do the right thing" and make sure the deformed team mascot gets a little trophy. He's part of the team, too.
5/14/2008 1:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...68|69|70|71|72...86 Next ▸
Lefty 2B Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.