MLD World Thread #2 Topic

The Indianapolis Racers announce the retirement of RW Basil Dimitrow, D Farrand Kotiniemi and franchise player D Hillary Arpinen.  C Garry Valoheimo is announced as the Racers new FP.

7/26/2010 11:47 AM
RW Denny Kallman has retired.  New FP for the Millers is LW Doc Kukkula.
7/26/2010 12:19 PM
With the retirement of Ike Furu, Manchester names D Henrik Salmenoksa as their new FP.
7/28/2010 4:24 PM
Herb Blazer's stint as Kingston's FP comes to an early end.......   The Crooks name D-man Claudio Ojaluoma as their new FP
7/28/2010 9:03 PM
Posted by rammers on 7/19/2010 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Big Drive's suggestion is the best we have, so I say we should go with that for future seasons. But then only the two goalies with most games should be the only one used, also in backup position, even if their game energy% isn't fully 100%.
I know we haven't had a vote, but does anyone or everyone want to make this official, before we get to next season's playoffs?

7/31/2010 9:44 AM
Bangers FP D Rosaire Uusitorpa
7/31/2010 11:34 PM
i agree with the suggestion.  top two goalies for GP during the regular season allowed to play in the playoffs.  it makes sense, and it's fair.  :>
8/1/2010 2:55 PM
Posted by bremiro on 7/24/2010 1:34:00 PM (view original):
I was thinking on the player ruleing of only the players drafted in the current year being used for the playoffs, how about we extend it to all players with a 165,000 salery  can be used might be easier to watch . As for goalies I like the idea of using the 2 goalies that had the most time in in the current season to be used for the playoffs
i don't think this would work as well, bremiro.  a team could have players play 19 regular season games a year, and still play in the playoffs forever, as their salary would never increase.  eventually they'd be the 100 / 100 players that we are trying to avoid have stockpiled currently.  as long as somebody is keeping track of the drafted players, the recently drafted players being playoff eligible is the best option.  :>
8/1/2010 2:58 PM

Yep, we can't do the "All 165k guys play" because of what god_mike relates.  I already have some guys like that.  :)

I'm a little confused by this, though:

But then only the two goalies with most games should be the only one used, also in backup position, even if their game energy% isn't fully 100%.

What exactly does that mean?  I mean it terms of actual English... wtf? 

8/1/2010 4:30 PM
i think he's saying that you can't sub in your third goalie, even if the first two are tired.  or that you can't use a third goalie as the backup to one of the top two.  which is kind of inherent in the rule itself.  :>
8/1/2010 5:21 PM
Ok guys, check this out and feel free to post your thoughts on the matter.  Not going to use any names.....

A few days ago, I was contacted by a GM who spotted another GM using a player as their FP who as it turns out is ineligible based on the FP rule restrictions.  They nominated a player as their FP who did not play their entire career for their franchise.

The GM with the illegal FP is somewhat new to the MLD so I am leaning towards giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Ultimately, you guys collectively will decide how we will handle this.    As it turns out, they elected their "illegal FP player" back in the offseason of Yr20-Yr21.... over 1 season ago,  but this wasn't spotted until a few days ago.  Going into the upcoming season, Yr22, the said player is entering his 2nd season as FP.

I'm confident the said GM did not intentionally select this player to be their FP with a disregard for the rules, they simply were unaware such a rule existed.

As we are about to begin Yr22, and as you know, every team has already made their retirements.  If this GM is forced to release this particular player immediately, it will be a major blow to their upcoming season as they will lose this highly skilled player and they'll be basically FPless due to the fact they already made their roster cuts/decision about a week ago while we were in the offseason.

So here is where your opinion matters.  How do we handle this situation.  21 seasons gone by and this is our 1st real case of the FP rule violation.

Do we...
A) Allow the GM to keep the player for this season ONLY.  Next offseason, they will be forced to retire this illegal FP immediately......at which time the player in question will only have played 2 of their 3 FP seasons.  The GM will then elect a new FP with a better understanding of the FP rules.

or

B) This illegal FP player is to be released immediately.

So it's your call guys.  Based on past experience, votes where we are seeking the majority tend to drag themselves out.  So he's how we'll do this one.  The 1st option to earn 8 votes will be the option we go with for this unique situation.

I'll start the voting by throwing my support behind option A.  It was a minor mistake and I don't think he should be penalized for an oversight.....
8/3/2010 9:07 PM (edited)
If the GM in question is new to the league it's possible he was unaware of the rule. I know I have to double check the rules from time to time. I say go with Option A.
8/3/2010 9:32 PM
I agree this was an oversight in my opinion I vote for option A
8/3/2010 9:47 PM
My vote is for Option B.....rules are rules.
8/3/2010 10:31 PM
Option A. I actually agree completely with drg that rules are rules, but IMO we brought this on ourselves by dragging out votes and not dealing with league admin in a timely manner. Some of the newer owners have not had to run the nomination/vetting process we used to use; we all just wanted to get on with it. Part of that process, at least for me, was boning up on the unique rules this league requires.
8/4/2010 12:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...51|52|53|54|55...63 Next ▸
MLD World Thread #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.