ADMIN.-PETITION FOR HALL OF FAME!?!? Topic

hey guitarguy, you almost got the first part right... I'm ripping Cresten because he can't put a winning team together... something that good owners can do without resorting to cookie cutter teams.

As for the rest of your blithering nonsense... well, that's all that it is.

But hey, you go ahead and vote for that back-stabbing liar Kerry. After he raises taxes on businesses, don't come crying to me when Admin is forced to raise prices to keep this site afloat!

Simonsausage, that's about what I'd expect from a team with that name, lol! I recently had a team "Vote GW Bush in 2004" win 128 games and the World Series title... maybe that should tell you something, huh?

Cresten, out of curiosity, have you ever had a team finish over .500?
2/24/2004 1:06 AM
I once defeated cresten in a World Series, and he has won championships under other user names. Don't dis the man, he plays the game to have fun. It's not all about the glory.

Well, maybe this petition is, but otherwise, no glory!
2/24/2004 8:26 AM
Yea I saw that team a bunch of cookies in SEG I could put together a team like that Call it Vote for Kerry in 04 and win 100 some games too. It means zilch. Carry fought in Vietnam Bush had his rich daddy get him out of it. Yet now Bush is ok with sending hundreds of young American boys to their death for his foolish vendetta with Saddam Hussein. Do you realize how much Bush is screwing up our economy? When the baby boomers start collecting social security the money is going to be all drained thanks to Bush and Co. and my generation and future generations are going to be paying for it heavily. This is common sense you don't start a war that is going to cost billions and then cut taxes! No sense at all. On tax cuts Bush's tax cuts are absurdly favored toward the wealthy a working middle income family gets nothing from it. I could go on and on and on. I seriously think George Bush is the worst president we have ever had.
2/24/2004 9:08 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/24/2004 9:19 AM

Two men, two wars, two stories, one hero

E.J. Montini
Republic columnist
Feb. 22, 2004 12:00 AM

Our president's political handlers want to compare the young Lt. George W. Bush to a man like Sgt. Elijah Wong of Mesa, the first Arizona National Guardsman to die in Iraq. That would be a mistake.

I was in the room at the Guard headquarters in Phoenix last week when Sgt. Wong's sister, Helga, spoke of her brother. For anyone to compare the Elijah Wong of 2004 to the George Bush of 1972 would be a disservice to Wong and an embarrassment to Bush. At least if we are to believe Secretary of State Colin Powell. I'll get to him in a minute.

"My brother gave his life for his country," Helga Wong said. "He willingly went to Iraq. He believed that he could save the world, and in many ways, he did."

Sgt. Wong was a member of the 363rd Explosive Ordnance Company. It is their job to remove and destroy the unexploded rockets, bombs and other devices that litter the Iraqi war zone. Sgt. Wong died when some of the material he was transporting detonated.

"I cannot imagine how many countless lives were saved by the (explosives) he had processed already," Helga said.

In civilian life, Sgt. Wong worked for the Maricopa County Probation Department. He sister said that this, too, was part of his plan to save the world. He tried to help the former inmates under his supervision work their way back into society. He believed in his country, she said, with all its pros and cons.

Then she added, "He gave his life fighting the cons and realizing the pros." Sgt. Wong was 42, married and the father of three children. He was one of roughly 175,000 Guard members and reservists now serving and dying overseas.

As the presidential campaign progresses, President Bush will be compared more and more to people like Sgt. Wong. Bush was in the Air National Guard in the early 1970s. Some people have criticized him for it. They've said that the National Guard and reserves were used in those days by the sons of the wealthy and privileged who were trying to avoid service in Vietnam.

I came of age in the 1970s, too, but at a time when no more 18-year-olds were being drafted. Still, I recall that none of the steelworkers' sons in my neighborhood - guys a little older than I - ever got into the Guard or reserves. Some of them tried. Instead, they were drafted, and they went. It's what our fathers did. It's what we were taught.

This is a different time and a different war. Now the Guard and reserves are made up of people like Sgt. Wong. Regular people. Ordinary patriots. The supporters of President Bush say that anyone who criticizes the president for having been in the Guard back in '72 is also disparaging the men and women now serving in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

As I said, I am not qualified to make such comparisons. I'll leave such a thing to someone whose integrity and patriotism cannot be impugned and who also happens to be a prominent Republican: Secretary of State Powell. In 1995, Powell, who had then retired as an Army general, released an autobiography called My American Journey. In it, he discussed how the Guard and reserves were used in the Vietnam era and how he felt about it.

The passage reads: "I particularly condemn the way our political leaders supplied the manpower for that war. The policies - determining who would be drafted and who would be deferred, who would serve and who would escape, who would die and who would live - were an anti-democratic disgrace. I am angry that so many sons of the powerful and well placed and so many professional athletes (who were probably healthier than any of us) managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units. Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to our country."

I don't question President Bush's allegiance. But I wouldn't compare the 1972 version of Bush to the late Sgt. Wong. I have heard Wong's sister speak. She knew her brother as a friend, as a confidant, as a hero. And from what I heard, while George W. Bush of 2004 may be qualified and re-electable as president, he is no Sgt. Elijah Wong.
2/24/2004 9:24 AM
I was just wondering what my status was. I haven't posted anything in months.
2/24/2004 10:04 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/24/2004 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By kermit on Feb. 21 2004Now it looks like jpleath is the ex-Dynamic Duo member
THuNDERSTRUCk!!!!
2/24/2004 10:45 AM
VOTE FOR CRESTEN!!!!
2/24/2004 7:45 PM
Buy me a beer & a dog at the Cubs opener & you have my vote
2/24/2004 11:02 PM
how about at the wrigley get-together?
2/24/2004 11:11 PM
guitarguy=own_warrior
2/24/2004 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By guitarguy456 on Feb. 24 2004Yea I saw that team a bunch of cookies in SEG I could put together a team like that Call it Vote for Kerry in 04 and win 100 some games too. It means zilch. Carry fought in Vietnam Bush had his rich daddy get him out of it. Yet now Bush is ok with sending hundreds of young American boys to their death for his foolish vendetta with Saddam Hussein. Do you realize how much Bush is screwing up our economy? When the baby boomers start collecting social security the money is going to be all drained thanks to Bush and Co. and my generation and future generations are going to be paying for it heavily. This is common sense you don't start a war that is going to cost billions and then cut taxes! No sense at all. On tax cuts Bush's tax cuts are absurdly favored toward the wealthy a working middle income family gets nothing from it. I could go on and on and on. I seriously think George Bush is the worst president we have ever had
Guy, you are either severely mis-informed or… well… let’s just say “mentally challenged” (to be nice and PC for you;)

First of all, let me clearly state that I am not a huge fan of GW Bush.He has done some good things (take out a brutal dictator than slaughtered many thousands, thwart other terrorist threats, etc), but he has also spent like a liberal on crack, and I don’t think that’s ok.Frankly, some of it has been justified (like the spending related to terrorism, etc), but if I wanted someone spending out the *** on unnecessary programs (like the Mars mission, which could have been postponed), I would have voted for that tree-humper AlGore back in 2000.Truth be told though, as many bad or questionable points that GW has, any of the Dems up against him in 2004 would be much, much worse!

I can give Kerry some credit for actually fighting in Nam, but what he did when he came back was absolutely despicable!He went before congress and testified that his fellow soldiers were butchering women and babies unnecessarily.Most of this testimony has been proven to be riddled with lies, which might make one ask, why the hell would he do that to his fellow soldiers?Well, it’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?Dude just figured out a way to get his puckered mug on TV and his name in the press. When the part of his story that may have had some truth to it ran out, he wasn’t ready to give up the limelight just yet, so he decided to just start making **** up, not caring that he was crapping all over the good men that he served with and encouraging hostile feelings towards those men when they came home.If you ask me, that’s about as low as one can go, so please don’t try to compare Kerry favorably to GW because that is simply a joke.

Oh, so GW is ruining our economy?I can’t tell you how asinine that statement is.Let me explain some basic economic concepts to you.When people get a tax cut, that’s more of their own hard earned money that they get to keep.The very poor already pay practically no taxes, so yes, maybe they didn’t see a huge break in GW’s tax cuts, but how could they?Now, the middle-class and so-called “rich” did realize a break, mostly because they pay the lions share of the federal tax bill in the first place.But what do you think most of those people did with that money, huh?I’ll tell you what.A lot of the regular people went out and spent it!And yes, that translates into dollars infused into our economy, which any moron knows will help stimulate it.The second part of the effect of that tax relief is how it helped businesses… yes, many of the people you call “rich” operate or own their own businesses.If you happen to know any entrepreneurs yourself, you’d know what those type of people usually do with any extra money they’re able to scrape up… REINVEST IT IN THEIR BUSINESS!Oh yes, it is true!They don’t stuff it away in some mattress or use it to further repress the poor homeless bum down the street, they reinvest it… and that can take many forms… it could mean hiring a contractor to upgrade your commercial outlet, it could mean developing a new product line, and it could also mean hiring more people to help run that business.Guess what?All of these things lead to stimulation of the economy.Do you think that it’s just a coincidence that we’re now on a clear road to recovery following these tax cuts?Sure, they weren’t the only reason, but they were certainly a big part of it.Just look up the findings of any non-partisan economist, and they’ll confirm this.

I know that you hate GW, but you simply can’t blame everything bad on him.The whole reason the economy took a nosedive in the first place had absolutely nothing to do with him, yet his actions have certainly helped to set it back on the right track.Yes, you could go on and on, but it would just be more pure nonsense, so what’s the point.

Btw, Bubba Clinton was without a doubt the worst prez of my lifetime.As many faults as Bush has, he’s gold compared to that loser.If you wanna start throwing blame around, we could seriously get intowhat Bubba did (or didn’t do) to help these terrorists gain power. But that’s another very long story, and I wouldn’t want to eat up precious space reserved for cresten’s ludicrous plight to become a “HOFer” with his crappy record.

Speaking of that, that’s great that he’s won championships under other owner names, but it still doesn’t change the fact that his record is simply horrible under the cresten banner, yet he continues to shoot off his big mouth.Let me tell you something, if I put my 15-20 worst teams together under a separate owner name, my record would still be way over .500!And sure, I’ve played a few cookie teams here and there, I think even the best owners have. But, I also play a ton of theme leagues, including several where there are only the sim’s toughest owners as competition.Yet, I always seem to do relatively well in those as well.So quit making excuses for cresten.If dude can’t put together a winning team, then just let it stand at that.I admit, all the salary and other changes in the sim recently are hard to keep up with.Why not just say that dude doesn’t have the mental capacity to figure it all out?I think that’s as good of reasoning as any other;)

Oh, btw, anyone can search the web for anti-Bush articles… or for anti-anybody articles for that matter… you’re not going to prove anything by doing that, you’re just wasting cresten’s valuable space;)
2/26/2004 12:18 PM
I know, I know... it's hard to conentrate on the deep concepts I touched upon in my post. Keep sleepin man... that's the best thing for those with your condition...
2/26/2004 1:24 PM
Ichisaxcat, are you trying to talk sense to cresten? What for?
2/26/2004 4:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...17 Next ▸
ADMIN.-PETITION FOR HALL OF FAME!?!? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.