Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs (CLOSED) Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/12/2008 5:33 PM
Actually I dislike the Beating a Dead Horse types much more than the boasters or whiners.
2/12/2008 6:11 PM
"Global warming according to some reputable scientists and meteorologists is the single biggest scam in the history of mankind."

O.K., ashel, you've got me going again: Your "reputable" scientists are the scam here.

Every one of those reputable scientists was propped up or outright paid by the oil company interests, or is in the employ of idealogical organizations.

Use your brain here. Does anyone actually believe that global warming is not happening?

The debate is over the extent to which our human activity exacerbates the problem.

Do you really think it is wise to just go on polluting at will? Don't you really think it is prudent to be cautious when the health of the world might be at stake?

Our argument should be over what should be done -- not whether something should be done.
2/12/2008 6:33 PM
I hang out in a camping forum online as well.
In that forum, the moderators have banned the 3 G's and 1 D.
God, Guns, and Government discussions are banned. Everyone seems to have a firm opinion of what the correct answer is, and is convinced that everyone else is wrong.
The "D" is dogs. Some folk think their families include dogs, and others think that others dogs barking and pooping distract from their enjoyment of camping. Either way, most people have a polarized view.
Almost nothing good ever comes from a discussion where the sides are completely polarized.
2/12/2008 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By doubletruck on 2/12/2008"Global warming according to some reputable scientists and meteorologists is the single biggest scam in the history of mankind."

O.K., ashel, you've got me going again: Your "reputable" scientists are the scam here.

Every one of those reputable scientists was propped up or outright paid by the oil company interests, or is in the employ of idealogical organizations.

Use your brain here. Does anyone actually believe that global warming is not happening?

The debate is over the extent to which our human activity exacerbates the problem.

Do you really think it is wise to just go on polluting at will? Don't you really think it is prudent to be cautious when the health of the world might be at stake?

Our argument should be over what should be done -- not whether something should be done
Seen the temperature in Michigan lately? Still think the planet is warming up?

Given the lack of statistically relevant recorded temperatures (around a century's worth for a planet that is hundreds of thousands of years old), making rash judgments of our planetary destiny based on Uncle Al's thermometer in his backyard is irresponsible and foolhardy.
2/12/2008 6:55 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/12/2008 6:58 PM
2/12/2008 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by doubletruck on 2/12/2008"Global warming according to some reputable scientists and meteorologists is the single biggest scam in the history of mankind."

Our argument should be over what should be done -- not whether something should be done.
I think we need to separate Global warming from resource use. I will agree we need to recycle more, take care of the planet but not to the Nutty Professor Al Gore extent. We are building homes constantly and don't have all the resources in place to accommodate the populous. Look at the drought conditions in GA. That's not Global warming. Again it's overuse of resources and a run of lack of rain that isn't out of the norm.
2/12/2008 7:05 PM
2/12/2008 7:41 PM

Back in February/March of 2003, When the soldiers were preparing to enter Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein from power, was anyone unconcerned about chemical warfare attacks against the Coalition Forces?

I know I was concerned about chemical weapons.

below are some links to a USA Today article, a MacRumor forum, and a SkyNews report from 2003

U.S. prepares troops to resist chemical attacksBR USA Today February 11, 2003

Mac Forums

Chemical attack is guaranteed March 2003

Soldier's Chilling Warning Updated:09:56, Monday March 10, 2003

An Iraqi defector has told Sky News that Saddam Hussein will use chemical weapons if the country is invaded.

Defector: Guard officerHis warning comes amid revelations Saddam Hussein may be planning to use pilotless drone planes to spray British and US troops with anthrax and sarin gas if they attack.
In an exclusive interview, the officer with Saddam's elite Republican Guard, said the use of chemical weapons by Iraq was "100% guaranteed".
The 26-year-old soldier defected 10 days ago near the city of Sulaymaniyah in Northern Iraq.

Weapons

He is being guarded in a safe house and is said to have provided valuable intelligence to authorities.
"A chemical attack is guaranteed," he warned.
"We have been fully provided with complete protection gear, gas masks, first aid kit, injections."
In the 1991 war, Saddam Hussein deployed his chemical weapons but they were not used.
"We are sure about the chemical bombardment," said the defector, whose identity is being protected.
"In the last stage, he will use it as a last resort."

Fierce

He said Republican Guard soldiers will put up a fierce fight.
"When it is time for war we are fully prepared to fight into the ground. If we don't fight hard, they will execute us," he said.
The defector said Baghdad was full of loyal troops and special forces and the city would see heavy fighting.
"In Baghdad there will be a lot of killing," he added.

Warheads

The suspected plot by Saddam to drop chemical weapons on attacking troops emerged following chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix's 173-page report to the UN Security Council.
The report listed details of missing weapons which Iraq had not accounted for.
They include 50 Scud B warheads and 6,500 bombs laced with chemical weapons, VX nerve agents and anthrax.

2/12/2008 11:44 PM
Facts about election that most people don't want to hear: Bush won by a few hundred votes. Gore sued for a re-count. Bush won again by a few hundred votes. Gore sued again for a recount of 3 heavily Democratic areas only. The Florida Supreme Court (very liberal) overturned a lower court and said Gore could get the recount. The Federal Court said no recount. The Supreme Court took the case and voted 5-4 (along political lines) and said "no more recounts."
The press decended on Florida in droves and counted the votes themselves...Bush won by a few hundred votes. Many pundits want people to believe in all kinds of myths about the Florida election, but, unfortunately, the facts just don't bare it out.
2/12/2008 11:50 PM
I was replying to a comment on page 1 about the Florida 2000 Presidential election. I'm tired of people whinning about how it was fixed or that Gore was cheated.
I liked John Kennedy and was not a Nixon fan, but THAT was a fixed Presidential election because Chicago and Dallas sent false stats on votes. How many dead people and made-up people voted?...enough to throw the 1960 election.
Anyone want to hear the truth about the Vallery Plame incident? How about Katrina?
2/13/2008 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By Lazerhawks on 2/13/2008
I was replying to a comment on page 1 about the Florida 2000 Presidential election. I'm tired of people whining about how it was fixed or that Gore was cheated.
I liked John Kennedy and was not a Nixon fan, but THAT was a fixed Presidential election because Chicago and Dallas sent false stats on votes. How many dead people and made-up people voted?...enough to throw the 1960 election.
Anyone want to hear the truth about the Vallery Plame incident? How about Katrina?
Yes to Vallery Plame and Katrina.

Also I am interested in how some acted towards absentee voters in Florida and elsewhere, especially when they were believed to have been a large percentage of military voters.

2/13/2008 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 2/12/2008

No copy and paste on this subject. Hopefully this will be helpful to post my question in this thread.

Are there two Americas?

Yes, there are two Americas. One America figures out how to keep on winning in WIS...the other America is lost

Now, can y'all get off this political dogma? Me want to barf.
2/13/2008 12:15 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸
Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs (CLOSED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.