Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs (CLOSED) Topic

I can't convince you and metallicafan of the existence of God; our beliefs seem to be at a stand still. So I'm done for now. I hope you guys one day come around. I hate to see you guys end up "fried" or extra "crispy" while your arguing liberalism viewpoints with Satan.
2/13/2008 5:34 PM
But I have enjoyed the exchange....
2/13/2008 5:39 PM
I really don't have a dog in this hunt. I come here for the escapism of WIS; for the pure fun of pursuing baseball as a great statisitcal past time. Something that is uniquely American, I might add.
It pains me to read the vitriol and blame being posted here. It is not surprising however. Because in this forum we are all at heart nothing more than sports fans. And it is clear from reading these posts that we view politics as some kind of sport. We cheer our team (political party), right or wrong. And we find all kinds of "facts" and "documentation" to back it up. As though that makes is real. Because we all want to win. But it ain't real. And we all know it. Politics is by definition bullsh*t.
But we all know what IS real. What is more real than a secondbaseman making a diving catch? You can't get any more honest than that. You can't spin that. Willie Mays' catch was not magical. It was real. Honest. Full of integrity. Undeniable. I once saw Craig Biggio score from second base on a ground ball to short with two out in the bottom of the ninth. In a meaningless game 12 years ago in the dinosaur Astrodome. When he slid under the tag at home to win the game...That was REAL! There is no denying THAT! There is no way to obfuscate THAT! This is why we all love sport. Because you can't spin it. You can't "swift boat" it. It is right there. Real and honest as we are.
Now, back to the serious issues of the day. Can someone please tell me again what ERC# means? LOL.
2/13/2008 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By grizzly_one on 2/13/2008
Quote: Originally posted by ashel1 on 2/13/2008 <DIV>I can't convince you and metallicafan of the existence of God; our beliefs seem to be at a stand still. So I'm done for now. I hope you guys one day come around. I hate to see you guys end up "fried" or extra "crispy" while your arguing liberalism viewpoints with Satan.

The bible makes no sense, the god of the bible makes no sense. One MUST put aside reason to believe it as THE word of God.

So the threat of hell. HA!!!! Well I must warn you to watch out for the Zombie bunnies that will eat you in the next life for living so close-minded.

Are you reading the Klingon International Edition. That is hard to understand. As far as your killer bunnies...rabbit makes a fine meal.
2/13/2008 8:54 PM
Well, it's been interesting, gentlemen.

As I told Lazerhawks in a site mail, I don't often get to discuss such issues with people who disagree with my (ahem) oh-so-reasonable view of the world.

What better way is there to test what you believe and to consider whether you might be in error somewhere?

I appreciated your post, too, slobahonnis, but I can't say that I perceived much vitriol in the debate. I thought ashel and I in particular took nice care to be respectful.

Best regards to all.

I now intend to close this thread -- if ya'll will let me. I have some homework to do regarding a couple of points Lazerhawks thinks I should consider.
2/13/2008 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By doubletruck on 2/13/2008Well, it's been interesting, gentlemen.

As I told Lazerhawks in a site mail, I don't often get to discuss such issues with people who disagree with my (ahem) oh-so-reasonable view of the world.

What better way is there to test what you believe and to consider whether you might be in error somewhere?

I appreciated your post, too, slobahonnis, but I can't say that I perceived much vitriol in the debate. I thought ashel and I in particular took nice care to be respectful.

Best regards to all.

I now intend to close this thread -- if ya'll will let me. I have some homework to do regarding a couple of points Lazerhawks thinks I should consider
Your view of the world. LOL
2/14/2008 7:48 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/14/2008 8:10 AM
I guess Sodom and Gomorrah should have been standing. It would have been the Liberal thing to do. God demands obedience. If you don't like the Bible and think its crap, try Dianetics. I'm sure that book has all the answers. Just ask Tom Cruise.
2/14/2008 10:25 AM

Mike Farrell online

Quote: Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 2/13/2008

With Florida in the 2000 Presidential Election it appears the closer one examines the circumstances, one finds there is no one who is truly the good guy.
It would be nice if we had an opportunity to root for people doing the right thing.
I thought the " Let every vote count " argument was insincere due to the controversy regarding Absentee ballots.
And I have heard Hillary Clinton promoted the idea of letting convicted felons vote.
And wanting people to actually be who they say they are, and to be eligible voters seems reasonable, yet any effort for verifying one's identity at the polling place has been bitterly opposed.
Now today I hear from doubletruck, a reasonable person, that the Republican hierarchy in Florida was working the system and people's voting rights were put into question. Not being sarcastic, drawing up district lines is a traditional political strategy, being mapped out to favor those whose turn it is to draw up the district maps.
Where are the Noble statesmen who will do what is best and morally right.
Lazerhawks, I appreciate your posts. Do you have any media sources you would recommend?
Also would you have any public officials you can commend. Is Indianapolis Mayor Gregory A. Ballard someone you could recommend? An ex - Marine who pulled off a large upset by winning his election against an incumbent two term mayor.

Does anyone reading this thread have speakers they respect and enjoy listening to despite being 180 degrees apart on some very important issues.
Actor Mike Farrell, ( Dr. B.J. Hunnicutt on M*A*S*H* ) and Presidential Candidate Ralph Nader are two people I respect as thoughtful, sincere, well-meaning individuals who I am far apart on many issues.

http://www.nader.org/Not Nader's Political Campaign Site

2/29/2008 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By JohnGPF on 2/12/2008
...all the hot button political issue polarizing crap just turns off voters like myself for whom ideology isn't at all important...
...after mrs kucinich's and mrs thompson's husbands dropped out of the race, i pretty much felt like i don't have any real choice and i'd hate to feel like i have to vote for mrs obama's husband just because he has the only nice looking woman ...
if mccain doesn't at least select alaska's governor ( Sarah Palin ) as his running mate, this is going to be a pretty dull election for me...

Que Sarah, Sarah
By Thomas Cheplick
Published 2/26/2008 12:08:10 AM

2/29/2008 12:22 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/29/2008 12:24 PM
2/29/2008 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally Posted By ashel1 on 3/20/2008

... doubletruck-Great debate over liberalism, Conservatism and Jesus..

I leave you all now....Best of Luck to All

Proverbs
It is honorable for a man to stop striving, since any foolcan start a quarrel.

God Bless

ashel1
Quote: Originally Posted By doubletruck on 3/21/2008
Best regards, ashel. Keep the faith and an open mind...

All Forums > MLB SimLeagues
Topic: Ashel1 Retiring

3/22/2008 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By doubletruck on 2/08/2008 CAUTION: This thread has undergone several turns and long ago stopped having anything to do with baseball. It really belongs now in the General Discussion forum, but I don't know of any way to move it there. If you don't want to read about politics or social issues, don't go here...

(Original post: A man I used to work with said that bad news always comes in threes.

(Three straight 100+win teams have lost in the LCS.

(Today I had three Maddux '95 starts, and lost all three -- two of them in playoff games.

(I can't wait to see what comes next...
All Forums > WhatIfSports General Discussion
Topic: Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs CLOSED

3/22/2008 10:35 AM
3/22/2008 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Boasters, Whiners, Cons, Libs (CLOSED) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.