2007-08 Players and more *** Updated *** Topic

2007-08 players are on the way. We have to wait for All-Defensive teams to be announced as that impacts defensive ratings. That should happen within the next couple of weeks I think.

Also, with this release of players we're tweaking how we calculate a player's possession percent, which is what determines how often they'll get the ball as well as factor into how they fare against double teams. Since that number is a component of the salary formula, we'll have to change salaries across the board. Most players will see only a minor change, but some will be more substantial, particularly players who didn't play the full season with one team.

In addition to the new players, we're working on a streamlined draft search interface, which will include a couple new features. You'll be able to search by up to 3 teams at once instead of just one. We're also adding a per 48 minutes view of the data, so you'll be able to see stats as season totals, per game, or per 48 minutes. There may be a few more additions if time permits.

Again, this update will take place within a day or two of the announcement of All-Defensive teams by the league, which should be in the next couple weeks.

*** Update ***

In addition to the above changes, we're tweaking some of the SimEngine inputs such as steal %, block %, and the previously mentioned usage % (possession %). Those changes also require a new version of the SimEngine.

So any league that is filled on the release date will use the old version of the players and the old SimEngine. All teams from unfilled leagues will be sent back to the Draft Center and then all players in the Draft Center will be replaced with the new version.
4/25/2008 10:37 AM
Seble does this mean that we will see an increase in salaries across the board for the most part, or a decrease.
4/25/2008 11:19 AM
It's tough to say how individual guys will pan out right now, but as a part of this change, we're trying to lower salaries slightly across the board. So in general, most players should go down a bit, but some will probably go up.
4/25/2008 12:21 PM
Sounds good!

Seble, can we also have access to seeing the double-team bonus/penalty mechanic that each player has?

For example, doubleteaming Michael Jordan has a significantly different numerical effect than it does doubleteaming Brent Barry.

Thanks for all the great work!

4/25/2008 12:47 PM
how about a perimeter/midrange/paint search feature

or at least show the rating as part of the result as opposed to making us click open the individual player window
4/25/2008 1:04 PM
1st team/second team not announced yet but here is the results from defensive player of the year:

Player, Team 1st 2nd 3rd Pts
Kevin Garnett, Boston 90 12 7 493
Marcus Camby, Denver 12 32 22 178
Shane Battier, Boston 11 33 21 175
Bruce Bowen, San Antonio 7 7 24 80
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 10 10 40
Josh Smith, Atlanta 1 6 11 34
Chris Paul, New Orleans 1 4 7 24
Dwight Howard, Orlando 1 4 7 24
Tim Duncan, San Antonio -- 6 4 22
Tayshaun Prince, Detroit -- 3 4 13
Tyson Chandler, New Orleans 1 1 2 10
Rasheed Wallace, Detroit -- 3 -- 9
Richard Hamilton, Detroit -- 1 -- 3
Samuel Dalembert, Philadelphia -- 1 -- 3
Raja Bell, Phoenix -- 1 -- 3
Rajon Rondo, Boston -- -- -- 1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit -- -- 1 1
Kyle Lowry, Memphis -- -- 1 1
Ron Artest, Sacramento -- -- 1 1
Andrei Kirilenko, Utah -- -- 1 1
4/25/2008 1:06 PM
Building on monkee's suggestion: change "perimeter" to "outside" and use single-letter abbreviations, perhaps?

But I definitely look forward to these changes, especially the per-48 stat search.
4/25/2008 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jweb1510 on 4/25/2008
Building on monkee's suggestion: change "perimeter" to "outside" and use single-letter abbreviations, perhaps?

great minds: I was thinking o/m/i

But I definitely look forward to these changes, especially the per-48 stat search.

4/25/2008 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dracul on 4/25/2008Sounds good!Seble, can we also have access to seeing the double-team bonus/penalty mechanic that each player has? For example, doubleteaming Michael Jordan has a significantly different numerical effect than it does doubleteaming Brent Barry. Thanks for all the great work!
I'm not sure if this will be included in this release, but it's something we've been talking about.
4/25/2008 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monkee on 4/25/2008how about a perimeter/midrange/paint search featureor at least show the rating as part of the result as opposed to making us click open the individual player window
I should be able to work that in.
4/25/2008 2:09 PM
Its about time they added per 48s as they're more accurate than per game or totals.

Also, could we have some kind of example of what kind of player's salaries will go up and which will go down? The vague some will go up and some will go down, really does nothing for anybody.
4/25/2008 4:19 PM
Almost all salaries will be reduced, but a few will go up slightly. It's essentially a small percentage reduction, so the higher salaries will go down more than the lower ones.
4/25/2008 5:00 PM
Thanks, I guess...
4/25/2008 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 4/25/2008Since that number is a component of the salary formula, we'll have to change salaries across the board. Most players will see only a minor change, but some will be more substantial, particularly players who didn't play the full season with one team.

{see bolded and highlighted text above ...}

Seble, can you explain in detail the statement above? I'd be curious to see how players who fit this cryptic criteria are currently playing in this sim.

Thanks.
4/25/2008 5:42 PM
Don't get your hopes up...
4/25/2008 5:52 PM
123 Next ▸
2007-08 Players and more *** Updated *** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.