Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Posted by sirawesome98 on 6/6/2012 6:37:00 PM (view original):
I can't wait for the 20th. I want G on the cover of NHL 13.
Did he beat rinne?
6/6/2012 7:44 PM
The results haven't been announced yet. They're gonna be announced at the awards ceremony on the 20th.
6/7/2012 5:18 PM
Ah.

Sounds like flyers are thinking about resigning Jagr.
6/7/2012 5:39 PM
Good move by Homer. It's good to have some veterans on a young team, and with Pronger probably gone, it's nice to add another experienced player to go along with Timonen. Also, Carle want to stay in Philly, so we could possibly get a hometown discount, though I still think that we should sign Suter. With the probable cap raise, Homer will probably add another big piece before the season starts.
6/7/2012 8:11 PM
No surgery needed for JVR. Will be ready for training camp.
6/15/2012 6:04 AM
That's great news. We would have been much better if we would have had him in the playoffs.
6/15/2012 11:09 AM
With free agency coming up very soon, what do you think that the Flyers are going to do? Of course we want to sign Suter, but we can't forget about Oliver Lauridsen. I think that he has the potential to do big things in the NHL.
6/15/2012 5:12 PM
I think the only question is does the team trade JVR and for who.  I also think we have seen the last of Bob in O&W.

The big rumors right now are:

JVR, Bob, plus our 1st for Nash.   

I like this one cause as much as I love JVR, Nash can help this team now.  Imagine Hartnell-Giroux-Nash on the top line.  Bob needs to go ($1.75 million is too much for a back-up).  

But I really like this one more...

JVR and Bob for Luke Schenn and David Steckel (which seems to be resurfacing again) 

or just recently
JVR and Philly's 1st (20) for Schenn and Toronto's 1st (5) (which I think is unlikely)

I like Luke Schenn.  He's big and plays with a mean streak.  He makes mistakes but he is also young.  

Kimmo-Coburn
Carle-Grossmann
Schenn-Mez

That's a pretty deep defensive unit,  When Kimmo goes off books next season we have $6.3 million to sign a premier DMan in FA.  

All this said....

I am beginning to really think Briere needs to go despite his postseason success.  He is small and poor at defense.  He does not seem to fit the direction of the team moving forward with big, 2-way, physical top line forwards (schenn, couturier, voracek, hartnell, jvr, simmonds, etc).  His $6.5 million could go a long way to sure up the defense.  JMO.    

6/15/2012 6:59 PM
i love lauridsen and he has made HUGE strides in his first season in ADR.  unfortunately from what i've read he projects to play in the NHL.....  but hes not there yet ;)
6/15/2012 7:03 PM
Wishful thinking on your part, but I don't think that we're gonna get Nash. We screwed Columbus over with the Carter trade last year and I don't think that they wanna do that again.
6/15/2012 8:22 PM
Posted by sirawesome98 on 6/15/2012 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Wishful thinking on your part, but I don't think that we're gonna get Nash. We screwed Columbus over with the Carter trade last year and I don't think that they wanna do that again.
naw.  I'm just relaying the rumors.  I do like a schenn deal... but we don't need it if we resign Carle which seems to be going well. 
6/15/2012 8:57 PM (edited)
Anders Lindback to the Lightning.  They are a solid young team in the East to watch out for.
6/15/2012 8:57 PM
Great return for Bob.
6/23/2012 8:56 AM
JVR for Schenn. The brothers shall be reunited! Great move by Homer.
6/23/2012 5:14 PM
Posted by sirawesome98 on 6/23/2012 5:14:00 PM (view original):
JVR for Schenn. The brothers shall be reunited! Great move by Homer.
I'm happy about it. We've not had a DMan that can lay out players like Schenn. 490 hits the last 2 seasons with low pims. He's only 22.

You know this is the guy I wanted.... I'm happy too!
6/24/2012 8:02 AM
◂ Prev 1...135|136|137|138|139...144 Next ▸
Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.