Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

4-3 loss to the Leafs in London, ONT to start the pre-season (reports are that Draft pick Anthony Stolarz looked good in net).

Ray-zor starting in goal tonight at home vs. the Caps. It will be weird seeing Vinny LeCav in the orange and black.

9/16/2013 2:40 PM
the mattt read signing was a nice surprise
9/21/2013 10:36 PM
Tonight's probable starting line up with lines/pairs for opening night 2013/14 (as per Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer)

Giroux centering Hartnall & Voracek
Lecavalier centering B. Schenn & Simmons
Couturier centering Read and Talbot
Hall centering Rosehill and Rinaldo

Timonen with Coburn
Streit with L. Schenn
Meszaros with Grossmann

Mason in Net

10/2/2013 3:07 PM
Did my hockey pool yesterday (straight points league).  16 teams, 12 rounds and you need 2 D-men.  Picked 8th ov and took Giroux in the first round?  Flyers faithful please let me know how Hartnell has looked because I was surprised to get Hartnell in the last round, it worried me that maybe he was in the dog house or something.
10/2/2013 6:04 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by juskay on 10/2/2013 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Did my hockey pool yesterday (straight points league).  16 teams, 12 rounds and you need 2 D-men.  Picked 8th ov and took Giroux in the first round?  Flyers faithful please let me know how Hartnell has looked because I was surprised to get Hartnell in the last round, it worried me that maybe he was in the dog house or something.
hartsy is in great shape - homer said he's down 7% body fat from his all time low
10/2/2013 9:30 PM
Thanks Moy.........Tonight aside, I have faith in the Flyers.  Mason will be fine in goal.......Go PHILLY!!!
10/2/2013 10:51 PM
Posted by juskay on 10/2/2013 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Moy.........Tonight aside, I have faith in the Flyers.  Mason will be fine in goal.......Go PHILLY!!!
thanks - you have more faith than me but I'm bearish on Philly sports all together (Eagles & Phillies are flat out miserable to watch). I love this Flyers team but some of these guys need to play to their potential (Coots in particular) and the guy wearing the C needs to lead like a captain.

Aside from that I really thought Vinny and Streit looked great tonight. Great pick-ups.
10/2/2013 11:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by antoncresten on 10/7/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
LMAO. LAVIOLLETTE FIRED ALREADY?
good. the team is playing like crap.
10/8/2013 12:57 AM
One year since the last post...Uggh. Shows the state of the hockey sim. Used to be a pretty active board.

Oh well, opening night against the Bruins. Not many off-season moves for a team that was knocked out in 7 games by the Rangers in the 1st round. No Wayne Simmonds for the opener and no Kimmo Timonen for the the season. Looks like a 7th or 8th seed in the Eastern Conference is the best we can hope for unless the secondary scoring and 5 v 5 play improves.

I think Mason keeps the Flyers in the game, but we ultimately lose 3-2 on a late goal by Milan Lucic.
10/8/2014 12:01 PM
After a slow start, the Ray-zor has kept the Flyers going & is set to start his 4th straight game. Not happy to see Brandon Manning in the lineup at the expense of Shayne Gostisbehere, but encouraged by the recent play of Raffl and Voracek.
10/30/2014 2:16 PM
brandon manning is good
10/31/2014 4:22 PM
Flyers have moved up to 3rd in the Metropolitan. Voracek and Giroux leading the way, decent goaltending and a patchwork defense corps. Now 6 days off before a rendezvous with Hartnell and the Blue Jackets
11/9/2014 8:18 AM
Flyers winners of 2 straight (against Eastern Conference strugglers) at home tonight against Tampa Bay (coming off 2 straight losses). A win would give the fans some hope going into the Christmas season. Defense has looked better of late & they are finally getting some secondary scoring. The Flyers have committed too many turnovers and allowed too many odd man rushes to be considered a good team this season.
12/16/2014 10:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...139|140|141|142|143|144 Next ▸
Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.