Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Flyers finish up a four game west coast road-trip with a 5-2 win over Arizona. Calvin Pickard (who?) shines in net. Elliot and Neuvy on the shelf yet again. On a positive note, The Flyers pick up 7 out of a possible 8 points on the swing, making them almost relevant in the Metropolitan division.
11/6/2018 9:01 AM
For the 1st time in team history, the Flyer allowed 2 short-handed goals on the same powerplay & sill won. 5-4 in overtime over the Arizona Coyotes.

Still don't have an everyday goalie. 30 years & counting.
11/9/2018 3:18 PM
Well...Ron Hextall - GM out, Chris Pryor - AGM & Director of Player Personnel out, Gord Murphy - bench coach out,

FLyers quickly becoming irrelevant in the Eastern conference. I don't see how they right the ship this year especially with Hakstol lashed to the deck.
11/29/2018 2:55 PM
Made a run towards - emphasis on towards - the playoffs before falling on their collective faces in the last 2 weeks of the regular season. Interim coach Scott Gordon was not retained and the Flyers have announced former Canadiens, Canucks & Rangers coach Alain Vigneault as the 21st coach in franchise history. The latter 2 he led to the Stanley Cup Finals. Will he be the one to end the misery - God only knows.
4/18/2019 3:47 PM
Enjoy the gum chewing and odd deployments. And don't let Tanner Glass near him.
4/18/2019 3:59 PM
The Flyers are teaming up with the NHL and NHL Network to be part of their television special “Behind The Glass,” which gives fans, you guessed it, a behind the scenes look at how the Flyers are conducting their training camp. It’s the Flyers on your tv but not in the usual way. It’s bonus content, folks!
Throughout the series, Behind The Glass will shadow Flyers president of hockey operations & general manager Chuck Fletcher and new head coach Alain Vigneault for behind-the-scenes insight into their evaluations on the more than 50 players competing for 23 roster spots.

I will probably tune in as I am a glutton for punishment.
8/28/2019 11:24 AM
Went to the Flyers - Rangers preseason game last weekend. Good play by the young guys and vets. However, Rangers fielded a B+ team and kept things pretty vanilla. My prayer is that we let Chris Stewart skate into hockey oblivion, but they will probably have him clogging up one of the roster spots instead of someone who could skate and score (Morgan Frost).
9/27/2019 8:34 AM
9/27/2019 8:37 AM
Odd beginning to the season. Team can't score one game, throws up 6 the next. Hopefully AV gets things going more consistently especially with G, JVR and Voracek. They have been putrid.
10/24/2019 1:15 PM
The roller coaster continues...win three, lose 2. Hart suddenly cant stop a beach ball. Elliott starting in goal again tonight. Would rather see Hart play through the slump, but AV knows best.
10/29/2019 1:27 PM
No way to sugar-coat that street mugging in Pittsburgh. Very little spark except for Konechny. This team is working its way towards irrelevance by Christmas.
10/30/2019 3:39 PM
Flyers are winning Shoot-outs!...for the first time in recorded memory. Two in a row! Team is 10-5-2 through 17 games (9-7-1 at same point last season). Not a huge change, but the GAA is down 0.47. That translates into a better chance to win close ones. Hopefully optimistic that the guys that don't even have to shave evry day (Farabee, Hart,Myers, etc.) keep contibuting at the same level over the next few weeks. Also, went to my 1st game in the new Standing-room-only lounge @ the WFC. Very cool and better view than I expected. However, still the same $12-$16 beer prices. yikes!
11/11/2019 4:15 PM
Last night was 6th game in the last 7 for the flyers to go to OT or the shootout. Washington took them in the shootout after several missed opportunities to win it in OT. Looks like Carter Hart has shaken off his early season jitters. First team to hold the Caps to 1 goal or less in regulation this season - for what that's worth. Off on a quick road trip to play the Ottawa Senators tomorrow.
11/14/2019 2:30 PM
I will revive this tread to say exactly the title when it started many years ago...

FLYERS UGH!

This is an ugly middle of the season that had some promise at the beginning. They need to go get someone's #1 defensemen to show Provorov and the rest how to maybe stop the puck from being passed around the zone by the other team, how to get back on an odd man rush, how to block a shot...the list is endless. UGH
3/24/2021 3:51 PM
Moving again this season towards 50 years without a cup. The trade deadline comes and goes and the Flyers are neither big sellers (as they should have been) or buyers. Can someone tell me what Chuck fletcher does, exactly?
4/13/2021 9:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...141|142|143|144 Next ▸
Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.