Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

I will revive this Topic only to remind myself that 1 year and 2 months later, the Flyers still have no real hope of contending in the Metropolitan. Yes, a nice win against a Devils team & only 4 points out of the second wild card spot, but let's be real, they might as well be 400 points out. The Caps Rangers and (gasp) Panthers are the class of the conference. The Flyers have only one line and Shayne Gostisbehere that are contributing offensively. The defense gives up too many shots and odd man rushes. Mason & Neuvirth can't seem to come up with the routine save or steal a game when the rest of the team is in a funk.

Rant over.

On a positive note, I am heading to my 1st game at the Bell Centre in Montreal on Friday - 7 hours from home in South Philadelphia. Maybe I'll see a win against an Eastern Conference foe.

2/17/2016 6:15 PM
Do I root for them to make the playoffs this season & get swept in the 1st round or wait for the kids to make some noise next season...
3/14/2016 2:45 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Last night =barf.
3/23/2016 9:26 AM
Flyers will tease us until the end, but Detroit will claim the last playoff spot. If you can't beat the Jets in regulation on home ice, you shouldn't be in the playoffs.
3/29/2016 10:32 AM
Quietly snoozing through the summer here in Philadelphia. Hoping that young defenceman Ivan Provorov & forward Travis Konecny will bring some excitement come September.
8/23/2016 12:23 PM
Provie & Konecny both on the score sheet in last night's pre-season win against the Blue Shirts. WCOH seems to have helped Vorachek get off to an early start with 2 goals. The 50th anniversary season cannot begin soon enough!
10/4/2016 9:52 AM
Flyers sit at 11-10-3 and have been tied or had the lead in the 3rd period in all but 3 games. I know that there is a lot of youth in the defensive corps, but c'mon!
12/1/2016 4:17 PM
Wayne Simmons is your 2017 NHL All-Star MVP!

Now if he could just help the boys win some more games...
1/30/2017 12:29 PM
All the "Fire Hakstall" chants have seemed to fire up the squad in the last week. Still only have 31 points from 30 games, but last night's win over the Maple Leafs was a good home comeback win. What they do with this new found momentum remains to be seen.
12/13/2017 9:02 AM
JVR back in the fold after a 6-year absence. Petr Mrazek out. Carter Hart wants to vie for #1 goalie spot (open since about 1990-91). Shaping up to be an interesting off-season.
7/5/2018 2:40 PM
RIP Razor.
7/17/2018 11:54 AM
The good: Home Opener tonight!

The bad: JVR out 5-6 weeks.

This is why I drink.
10/9/2018 9:12 AM
Well...an 8-2 thumping by the Sharks in the home opening. Quint had a better chance against Jaws then the Flyers did on Tuesday.

Followed by an uneven 7-4 win on the road against the Sens. I honestly didn't recognize 2/3 of the Sens players.

On to a Saturday rematch at home against those Golden Knights.
10/11/2018 12:10 PM
After a 3-2 win against the Ducks to start the west coast swing, the Flyers will take on the last place Kings tonight. Hopefully another W for our team struggling to hang on in the Metropolitan division.
11/1/2018 1:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...140|141|142|143|144 Next ▸
Flyers 6....UGH!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.