Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Great league 
8/19/2015 5:39 PM
down to 2 teams.
8/19/2015 6:36 PM
Last season was my first in Stickball. Since I started I have hit a financial snag and will be forced to cut out some of my teams. So why did I stay in stickball? Quite frankly it is tough to get a team in any world that doesn't need some TLC or outright rebuilding. I stayed here because, if you look at the 2015 world rankings, this world usually has few openings and rolls over quick. Staying seems to be a good decision. 3 teams failed to renew. We are now down to 2 and it's only been a day or so. The difference between stickball and other leagues? You will wait a few days for rollover here, normally. If you look at open worlds, both public and private, you will see that many worlds are now taking 3-6 months between seasons. That is irritating for even the most patient person. You will probably play 3 seasons here in the time it takes to play 2 in many/most worlds. I highly recommend stickball and am glad I was lucky enough to get a spot.

I have a great minor league system in another world. It is a rebuilders dream. But as the season comes to an end I am looking at the probability that the world will take 3 months to refill, IF IT FILLS AT ALL. Why put your effort into such worlds? The commish here is awesome and that's the difference between worlds that thrive, and worlds that barely survive. Take the plunge and you will not regret it. I guarantee it.
8/19/2015 7:14 PM
The two teams available are both in the NL.

One has been a regular contender, division winner and LCS runner up last season:
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

One has the 2nd pick in the draft:
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile
8/19/2015 8:55 PM
Ready to make some deals. Join on up!
8/20/2015 5:42 AM
It appears we only have one vacancy as I was contacted by a replacement owner last night.

LAST CALL!!!
8/20/2015 8:19 AM
Just 1! Unless you're watching Miguel Sano crush you should sign on up.

#cowbell
8/20/2015 11:58 AM
Down to 1, who will be the lucky last one?!
8/20/2015 3:52 PM
Looking for a replacement owner.  We are in rollover and the guys are clamoring to get started on a new season.  Sitemail me for the new password.

-Stick
11/17/2015 11:33 PM
Rolling over. Expect it to go quickly. Sitemail me for the password, thanks for looking.
2/18/2016 10:24 PM
Listen to what one of our owners, Milton7 had to say:

"Looking for a stable world for the long haul? I was tired of all the drama in my other worlds and was lucky enough to find this one. The commish has made rollovers quick, a major accomplishment, by finding good long term owners. I've been in the league for almost 30 seasons now and have enjoyed it immensely. My only complaint is that a player has to be REALLY good to get into our HOF because our owners have high standards. If you're ready to make a long term commitment, give us a try, when you find one of those rare things, an opening, that is. :-)" -Milton7
2/18/2016 10:31 PM (edited)

If you like hot girls, you might like this league
2/18/2016 10:28 PM

Oh, and beer. We have lots of beer...
2/18/2016 10:31 PM
And now for the boring part:

GUIDELINES – STICKBALL LEAGUE

1. MAJORS - NO TANKING - Re-building is fine; however, owner's need to field the most competitive ML team possible given their roster. Owners believed to be tanking will receive a trade chat and/or sitemail from the commissioner and steps will need to be taken to improve the owner's ML team or said owner will be removed from the world.

a. EVERY new owner is asked to make a 3 year commitment;
b. Competent major leaguers at the ML level;
c. No unwarranted fatigue issues in the majors;
d. 5 Season Minimum Wins: 54/114/180/245/308 (which is very reasonable – if you keep your wins North of 60, you'll have no troubles with this); and,
e. An owner may be given a 1 year "grace period" by the commish OR the vote of 10 owners (any owner can initiate the vote, but a brief check-in with the commish is appreciated).

There is no salary cap in Stickball League; however new owners should stick to a budget somewhere between approx. $40M and $100M -- rule of thumb only, no strict enforcement. Also, there is a "Guide for HBD Newbies" on our official blog that may be of assistance.

2. MINORS – Owners should pay at least some attention to the minors. Having them automanaged is okay, but there must be enough pitchers on the roster to not run into extreme fatigue issues. While no exact number of players is a requirement, a good rule of thumb is to start the season with 29 players and 15 pitchers/level will automatically meet this guideline.

3. CASH IN TRADES - The amount of cash in a trade CAN exceed the players' remaining salary plus up to the HBD maximum allowable $5M. This is to be voted on using HBD's existing VETO TRADE system. Cash for players is allowed in Major League Baseball.

4. BALLPARKS - City changes for a returning owner are permitted, but discouraged, for consistency's sake. City changes HAVE been approved, so this is not a sticking point in Stickball League. If a new owner takes over a franchise, then they can choose any city they'd like – all parks are up for grabs, no ballpark restrictions in Stickball League.

5. REMOVALS - The commissioner has final say on removals. If something is not covered here, but warrants removal, the final say is up to the commissioner. No owner will be removed without being warned unless the owner blatantly goes about trashing his team in violation of fair play. In these cases, the fair play guidelines serve as the unwanted owner's warning.
2/19/2016 1:04 AM
If you want a league with serious owners this is for you!
2/19/2016 8:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...30 Next ▸
Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.