Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Stickball World is just about to start the Season 61 World Series, and two owners (not going to the WS) have told me they are not going to be able to return for Season 62.

If you want in on a solid world with no drama and rapid rollovers, now is your chance. I'll reserve your spot for when we do roll over, just sitemail me!

Thanks,

-Stick
8/11/2023 11:34 AM
... and don't forget! ...

8/11/2023 7:45 PM
Looking for two new owners. We will be rolling over in the immediate future.

Just sitemail me to get the password and you'll be in!

Thanks,

-Stick
8/17/2023 2:53 PM
We may be down to only needing one owner now. Sitemail me for the password.

-Stick
8/18/2023 11:21 AM
bump
8/18/2023 4:57 PM
I don't normally do this, but, if you can live with our Private World Rules, which are basically limited to "no tanking", then feel free to let yourself in:

http://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/World/Home.aspx?worldid=-134&password=Leon%20Stinnett

-Stick
8/19/2023 11:52 AM
Almost full! Now is your chance!
8/19/2023 3:00 PM
password = Leon Stinnett

Come one, come all!!!
8/21/2023 11:46 AM
Reposting our World Rules so that, if you like them, you can join!

GUIDELINES – STICKBALL LEAGUE

1. MAJORS - NO TANKING - Re-building is fine; however, owner's need to field the most competitive ML team possible given their roster. Owners believed to be tanking will receive a trade chat and/or sitemail from the commissioner and steps will need to be taken to improve the owner's ML team or said owner will be removed from the world. a. EVERY new owner is asked to make a 3 year commitment; b. Competent major leaguers at the ML level; c. No unwarranted fatigue issues in the majors; d. 5 Season Minimum Wins: 54/114/180/245/308 (which is very reasonable – if you keep your wins North of 60, you'll have no troubles with this); and, e. An owner may be given a 1 year "grace period" by the commish OR the vote of 10 owners (any owner can initiate the vote, but a brief check-in with the commish is appreciated).

There is no salary cap in Stickball League; however new owners should stick to a budget somewhere between approx. $40M and $100M -- rule of thumb only, no strict enforcement. Also, there is a "Guide for HBD Newbies" on our official blog that may be of assistance.

2. MINORS – Owners should pay at least some attention to the minors. Having them automanaged is okay, but there must be enough pitchers on the roster to not run into extreme fatigue issues. While no exact number of players is a requirement, a good rule of thumb is to start the season with 29 players and 15 pitchers/level will automatically meet this guideline.

3. CASH IN TRADES - The amount of cash in a trade CAN exceed the players' remaining salary plus up to the HBD maximum allowable $5M. This is to be voted on using HBD's existing VETO TRADE system. Cash for players is allowed in Major League Baseball.

4. BALLPARKS - City changes for a returning owner are permitted, but discouraged, for consistency's sake. City changes HAVE been approved, so this is not a sticking point in Stickball League. If a new owner takes over a franchise, then they can choose any city they'd like – all parks are up for grabs, no ballpark restrictions in Stickball League.

5. REMOVALS - The commissioner has final say on removals. If something is not covered here, but warrants removal, the final say is up to the commissioner. No owner will be removed without being warned unless the owner blatantly goes about trashing his team in violation of fair play. In these cases, the fair play guidelines serve as the unwanted owner's warning.
8/22/2023 1:21 PM
password = Leon Stinnett
8/22/2023 1:21 PM
In the WS right now and the owner of the Buffalo Miners (AL) is leaving. You could jump in right now in order to prep for the rollover -- a chance to make those important offseason moves. Just let me know and I will swap you in.
11/17/2023 3:20 PM
Season 63 is upon us, and we have at least one vacancy. Click HERE to join today! (P/W is Brian Tapani). We are a Private World with very lenient World Guidelines (see a couple of forum posts up from this one) and we don't have drama in our world chat ... but we DO have an active World Blog, so check that out, too.

Looking forward to another great season!

-Stick
11/21/2023 12:16 PM
Looking to start next season. Join up for a fun world!
11/25/2023 2:09 PM
Come on down to Stickball World! Order now and you, too, can receive these FREE Ginsu knives ... able to slice, dice, and cut JUST ABOUT ANYTHING!
11/27/2023 10:58 AM
To add a Stickball World team, you need to head over to the World Center, which can be found a couple of different ways -- but an easy method to explain here goes like this:

1. Click on the word "Main" and select "Home".
2. Once there, click on the "HBD" icon to the left of your existing team(s).
3. Click "Join a World" (bottom left area).
4. Click the link that reads "+ View Additional Worlds".
5. Find Stickball World and then click "Get a Team".

... and we will be very glad to have you.

-Stick
11/29/2023 5:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29|30 Next ▸
Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.