Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

New season is here ... looking for two committed new owners! Sitemail me for the password.
4/28/2021 10:55 AM
I’ve been a member of many worlds, and this is one of the best.
4/28/2021 7:01 PM
We only have two spots to fill and I expect them to go fast!

Send me a sitemail and you'll be in!

Both franchises are interesting on paper. You'll be getting an early draft pick, but it sure looks to me that both franchises could be made to be much more competitive with a good GM at the helm. ML talent isn't as poor as last season's record in both cases. Good chance to rebuild or just go nuts and try to shape up the ML squad with FA and trades. I could see both strategies paying off ;-)
4/29/2021 10:41 AM
Great, active league—no drama and lots of fun.
4/29/2021 7:24 PM
HEAD FOR THE HILLS, HEAD FOR THE HILLS, THE WOMEN ARE COMING.
Why head for the hills?
THAT IS WHERE THE WOMEN ARE COMING FROM.
4/30/2021 9:46 AM
4/30/2021 7:30 PM
We are nearing 50 games into the season, and we need a replacement owner. Sitemail me to get in.

Note that it's a team in the NL North, and, astonishingly, said rudderless team is only a few games out of first place despite being at the bottom of the NL North at the moment. You could jump in just in time for the Amateur Draft! Please contact me and come join our very friendly HBD WORLD!

-Stick
6/4/2021 10:45 AM
We are just coming out of the All-Star Break and need a replacement owner. Please sitemail me and you will be in!
6/24/2021 11:33 AM
New season, two openings, both in the NL and both Division Winners, oddly enough.
8/1/2021 11:07 PM

Private World Rules - 11/23/2011 12:14 PM Commissioner: mr_stickball
GUIDELINES – STICKBALL LEAGUE

1. MAJORS - NO TANKING - Re-building is fine; however, owner's need to field the most competitive ML team possible given their roster. Owners believed to be tanking will receive a trade chat and/or sitemail from the commissioner and steps will need to be taken to improve the owner's ML team or said owner will be removed from the world.

a. EVERY new owner is asked to make a 3 year commitment;
b. Competent major leaguers at the ML level;
c. No unwarranted fatigue issues in the majors;
d. 5 Season Minimum Wins: 54/114/180/245/308 (which is very reasonable – if you keep your wins North of 60, you'll have no troubles with this); and,
e. An owner may be given a 1 year "grace period" by the commish OR the vote of 10 owners (any owner can initiate the vote, but a brief check-in with the commish is appreciated).

There is no salary cap in Stickball League; however new owners should stick to a budget somewhere between approx. $40M and $100M -- rule of thumb only, no strict enforcement. Also, there is a "Guide for HBD Newbies" on our official blog that may be of assistance.

2. MINORS – Owners should pay at least some attention to the minors. Having them automanaged is okay, but there must be enough pitchers on the roster to not run into extreme fatigue issues. While no exact number of players is a requirement, a good rule of thumb is to start the season with 29 players and 15 pitchers/level will automatically meet this guideline.

3. CASH IN TRADES - The amount of cash in a trade CAN exceed the players' remaining salary plus up to the HBD maximum allowable $5M. This is to be voted on using HBD's existing VETO TRADE system. Cash for players is allowed in Major League Baseball.

4. BALLPARKS - City changes for a returning owner are permitted, but discouraged, for consistency's sake. City changes HAVE been approved, so this is not a sticking point in Stickball League. If a new owner takes over a franchise, then they can choose any city they'd like – all parks are up for grabs, no ballpark restrictions in Stickball League.

5. REMOVALS - The commissioner has final say on removals. If something is not covered here, but warrants removal, the final say is up to the commissioner. No owner will be removed without being warned unless the owner blatantly goes about trashing his team in violation of fair play. In these cases, the fair play guidelines serve as the unwanted owner's warning.
8/1/2021 11:07 PM
Let's get this season started! Here is your chance to land a REALLY GOOD franchise! Division winner with legit talent throughout the organization. Lots of ways to carve your own team out of top quality clay! Sitemail me for the password!

-Stick
8/2/2021 10:54 AM
Stickball has a very entertaining blog that is updated regularly during the season. Fun world to be in, even with the emphasis shifting from girls/beer to baseball as the world has matured.
8/2/2021 9:03 PM
Still only 2 spots available. Sign up and see how good you really are!
8/2/2021 11:18 PM
Bump
8/3/2021 7:54 AM
long time drinking buddies Jim Beam, Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels talk baseball on the blog every season.
8/3/2021 9:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...30 Next ▸
Join Stickball - Girls! Girls! Girls! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.