Near future plans Topic

I posted this earlier in the survey results thread, but judging by some of the discussion it seems like it got lost.

To sum up our plans:

- Add Stop% to the draft search.

- We will keep the All-Defense boost but we'll be changing the criteria for non-1st/2nd team inclusion. We'll also be reducing the boost.

- We did acquire some team stats that were previously unavailable so that will improve the accuracy of numbers for some numbers for older players.

- We're discussing ways to improve the offensive range/defensive positioning system, including possibly removing the range categorization for something more flexible.

6/11/2008 11:57 AM
Reducing the boost, you mean just for non all-D who got some votes?

Looking forward to the removal the offensive range categorization. I'd be happy to start a new team sometime.
6/11/2008 12:11 PM
The defensive rating changes will have several different components.

• With the newly available team data, older players should be more accurate.
  • The criteria for including non-1st/2nd team players will change. It was previously anyone with 1 1st team vote, but will now be more restrictive (actual criteria is still TBD).
  • The All-Defense boost will be reduced somewhat for all players (including 1st and 2nd teamers).
6/11/2008 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 6/11/2008
  • The All-Defense boost will be reduced somewhat for all players (including 1st and 2nd teamers).
Then the defensive rating or stop% will be based even more on blocks and steals stats? That would mean players like Tayshaun Prince or Dennis Rodman who are great defenders but without great stats will lose out even more to players who have good block and steal stats.
6/11/2008 12:51 PM
Kudos if the new stats help the game. Hopefully this effort will pay off
6/11/2008 12:56 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/11/2008 2:00 PM
Sebel how hard is it to incorporate a scale like this posted in another thread by Stanford:

Keep in mind that its more difficult to receive a high rating under my model. If I had to break it down, I'd break it down like this:

95+: All-Time Level Defense
87-94: Great Defense (All-Defensive 1st Caliber)
75-86: Good Defense (All-Defensive 2nd Caliber)
60-74: Solid Defense
45-59: Average Defense
37-44: Below Average Defense
Less than 36: Liability

Is the above scale usable? From here it looks pretty accurate, saving only the best def seasons for the 95+ rating, maybe if a guy was unanimous 1st team and DPOY he gets a 95+ rating, if a player received 1st team votes but wasn't unanimous then they would drop into the 87-94 range etc etc. Is this doable??
6/11/2008 2:17 PM
We're considering using a floor system for All-Defense in place of a boost to the raw number.
6/11/2008 2:55 PM
What stats were you able to acquire?
6/11/2008 4:17 PM
I'm very pleased you are altering your defensive ratings. Whether you use my model or not doesn't bother me as much as the previous defensive ratings. I hope there are drastic changes. I will continue posting ratings of my model though and running tests.
6/11/2008 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ncih on 6/11/2008What stats were you able to acquire?
We acquired opponent FG numbers for all teams, which will increase accuracy of defensive ratings/stop% and def rebound%.
6/11/2008 5:07 PM
Excellent!!
6/11/2008 6:43 PM
Yowza
6/11/2008 7:27 PM
It's nice to see that the voice of the SIM users has been heard. It should show that we can indeed make a difference. Admittedly, some owners need to make their points in a better manner. Thanks Admin.
6/12/2008 9:16 AM
I'll make my judgments AFTER the changes have been made...so I guess my one word answer would be...waiting...
6/12/2008 11:28 AM
1|2|3...18 Next ▸
Near future plans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.