Advice for Newbies (2008 version) Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By wishlist3677 on 1/21/2010If you were going to only draft 7 hitters and use AAA players for the last position, what position should you not draft? Catcher or 1B?

I have been out of Sim Baseball for a few years now but am interested in getting back in
1B
1/21/2010 4:40 PM
bump
4/6/2010 8:21 AM
x
4/12/2010 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By skinndogg on 1/21/2010

If your goal is to take full advantage of your AAA, I would try to draft one or two players who have playing time at multiple(at least two) positions. That's so you have the flexibility to use the best AAA players for PA's or Def innings regardless of position.

I call this the Nick Punto Rule. He has a season where he hits .280 and plays 4 positions at a B/B level. It was in the A/A levels before the update. It allows for great flexibility in AAA leauges.

I would note that I hate Nick Punto as a Twins fan but I still end up drafting him often in the SIM.
4/12/2010 11:00 PM
◂ Prev 123
Advice for Newbies (2008 version) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.