Official Greg Oden Tracking Thread Topic

MIAMI -- Oden says he's ready to play.

The Trail Blazers center says he'll play Wednesday night against the Heat (ESPN, 8 ET), even though the team is listing him officially as a game-time decision. Oden has missed the Blazers' last six games because of a sprained right foot suffered in Portland's season-opening loss to the Angeles Lakers.

"Feels good. I'm ready. I'm excited," Oden said after Wednesday's shootaround. "I'll hopefully play the full game tonight."

Oden was the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA draft, then missed all of last season following knee surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3698271
11/12/2008 12:23 PM
Anybody think he'll actually score a point tonight?
11/12/2008 12:24 PM
I just heard from an inside source that the price of marketing spots during tonight's game is dropping fast in anticipation of the many injury timeouts that will be needed to get Oden through a game.
11/12/2008 3:32 PM
I would be willing to bet $1 dollar that Greg Oden scores more than zero points tonight.
11/12/2008 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ghost_dog on 11/12/2008I would be willing to bet $1 dollar that Greg Oden scores more than zero points tonight
Done.
11/12/2008 6:14 PM
i would be willing to bet $1 dollar that gin_caesar will say a 25 point-20 rebound performance in a win sucks if it was Greg Oden who performed it
11/12/2008 6:18 PM
i have a little stuffed gorilla. i named him greg oden when he was a 45 year-old frosh at osu.
11/12/2008 6:23 PM
You'd never lose that dollar because Oden will never go 25-20. Did he ever drop 25 points at the high school level?

I'll be impressed if he's able to play 20 minutes without having to use an oxygen mask.
11/12/2008 6:23 PM
Gin you have a poor memory. Oden was more than dominant in the NCAA championship game he played in. Don't forget, Obama offered him a cabinet position as secretary of dunking on doubters.
11/12/2008 6:30 PM
For the record it was a 25 and 12 performance, being guarded by Al Horford and Joakim Noah, who I don't think are elite level, but certainly the best competition he faced in college. Not bad to have your best game against the best competition.
11/12/2008 6:31 PM
Shawno you have a poor memory. High school and college were actually different leagues.
11/12/2008 6:34 PM

GREG ODEN STATS

Greg Oden, 7-0, center, Lawrence North, Indianapolis

Voted first team all-state.
AAU team: Spiece Indy Heat.

Greg Oden averaged 20 points, 9.6 rebounds and 3.7 blocked shots, helping No. 6 Lawrence North win its third consecutive Class 4A state championship with Greg's 71% shooting for 29-2 Wildcats.

Oden is only the second underclassman named USA TODAY's player of the year (the first was LeBron James in 2002). Will participate in the USA Basketball Festival and was named Gatorade's player of the year.

Summary of Greg Oden:

Runs, rebounds, blocks shots and is a legit intimidator. Just scratching the surface. If he continues to improve he'll have a chance to be a dominant player. Super talent. Oden has been considered the No. 1 prospect in the Class of 2006 since early in his sophomore season. Many draft analysts have projected Oden to be the top player in the 2005 draft if he were eligible.
11/12/2008 6:34 PM
he played his senior h.s. and frosh college seasons with an awful shooting wrist. 71% shooting with torn ligaments in your shooting wrist is pretty impressive.
11/12/2008 6:36 PM
Yeah I know. He'd be Wilt if not for this, that, and the other thing.

Obama probably did offer him a cabinet position. They have a lot in common - neither one has done jack **** and yet everybody seems to think they're the best thing ever.

11/12/2008 7:01 PM
On teh bench.

Shocking.
11/12/2008 7:08 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
Official Greg Oden Tracking Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.