more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

quite a few good matchups tonight for round 2.
5/3/2009 9:22 AM
Beloit survived a tough test against a slowdown offense, -5 defense last night. Feeling a little lucky today.
5/4/2009 10:01 AM
Taz, if this were real life I'd have 100 bucks on your team to win the title at like 20-1 odds... don't deprive me of my big fake payday.
5/5/2009 12:29 PM
We'll try out best, 5th year senior Zeiler is on a roll, now if I could just get my 5th year senior SF on the same roll we'd be unstopable. At any rate, we're up against a combo zone tonight, zone is our kryptonite, so I'm not holding my breath.
5/5/2009 12:51 PM
That information could have been helpful a couple days ago! Congrats and good luck taz.
5/5/2009 1:32 PM
norm, if you had scoured the Upstate CC, you'd have known...

also, unrelated note, congrats to barjaz for his d3 championship in Naismith.
5/5/2009 1:54 PM
yes, b/c even an unpracticed zone has busted me up this season (hello Brandeis)

Congrats as well to fello Big 5 alum jjboogie for winning his 1st HD title, in his last HD game for a while, perhaps forever.
5/5/2009 2:15 PM
nah. he'll be back. he is claiming fall now, my money says he is back pre-Labor Day.

but yeah, congrats.
5/5/2009 2:22 PM
I've been up against both Chicago and St. Norbs this season, and I'd say that's going to be one heck of a game. Chicago probably has better top players, but St. Norbs has a deadly combination of REB and DEF. And, of course, there is that zone-press kryptonite! Good luck to both, but I'm rooting for my conference mate, dirtyjerk.
5/5/2009 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By xulapaul on 5/04/2009Beloit survived a tough test against a slowdown offense, -5 defense last night. Feeling a little lucky today
I failed that same test with flying colors. Not because my big man couldn't do well, but because my team hit no three-pointers. Always fun.
5/6/2009 12:52 AM
thank goodness for NT time. woke up this board. always my favorite to read.
5/6/2009 4:25 AM
first time I've really looked around, wow there are some solid teams and players in the final 4. I thought for sure Zeiler would have been the highest rated player in D3 wooden, but just discovered he's only the 3rd highest rated player in the final 4. Its pretty much a crap shot from here on out
5/6/2009 10:27 AM
Actually, Neumann might be the most talented team out there, but they are starting their 3rd best PG, and I believe the roster is being mismanaged in general.

I'm sticking with Chicago in the last pre-potential Final 4 ever.
5/6/2009 11:38 AM
Beloit's gone, but it was a fun ride, and we should have a solid team next season. All four remaining teams look very good to me, and it will be an interesting couple of days.
5/6/2009 12:10 PM
My money's on John Hopkins, only because I have a reputation to uphold. If they win it all, I will have played (and lost, obviously) to the eventual national champion in the NT 6 out of the 8 times I've been in it at Calvin. The other 2 of 8 times I've lost to the champ during the regular season, courtesy of norm and his MBB powerhouses.

Your eyes should light up when I'm in your bracket!
5/6/2009 2:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...59 Next ▸
more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.