more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

i'm only in naismith and wooden, so there is nothing available for the next month+...

on the plus side, my 2 naismith teams are preseason #2 and #12, so when we fail to get past the second round with either team, you can just go ahead and disown me. add killbatman and move along...
5/12/2009 9:51 AM
nah man you will get one - it's only a matter of time...you've had some great teams that were NT title caliber for sure...

same thing will happen to you soon...you are overdue...
5/12/2009 8:10 PM
agreed w/ JJ, you'll get it eventually.
5/13/2009 10:41 AM
Just wait until I get my Johnson State program up and rolling...another 3-4 recruits and my team will be impossible to gameplan against!
5/19/2009 7:34 PM
i like what you are doing there, gomiami. i also enjoyed bradshaw's summary of your team's prospects for the season:

"9. Johnson St. – 2 batches of Johnsons comprise the heart of the roster of this up-and-comer. Watch out for Johnson in the paint, and Johnson burying shots from the wing. Of course, the guy that makes it all happen is Johnson at point. JSU’s bench is a bit thin, but they should get some contribution from Johnson, Johnson, and Johnson."
5/19/2009 10:10 PM
I look around, and, barring collapse, I see 7 more teams about to get their names on the Dynasty list (St. Norbert, Illinois, George Fox, Manchester, Hamline, Thomas, Castleton St.), and only 4-6 dropping off, so the list will continue to increase in size. I know in our conference we have a few programs on the rise that will be there in a few seasons... I wonder if wronoj should just make a list rating the 384 D3 programs. All you'd have to do is not see the light of day ever again.
6/8/2009 5:52 PM
bradshaw, the hardest part about that would be getting it to post cleanly in the forum. Right now I have 339 teams in the database since season 10, which means the other 45 all tie for dead last (as they haven't gone to the postseason at all since then).
6/8/2009 6:52 PM
That would something interesting to follow: the worst D3 programs. Every time a school sneaks into the PIT the pressure mounts on the schools that haven't made it yet... at least for those schools with human coaches. Some kind of Award/Trophy should be created for the last team to make the postseason... like the Norm Roberts Award.
6/8/2009 9:50 PM
Ok, just figured out that the NT starts the same night as my honeymoon. And I don't think it's crazy to think that my squad has a legit shot at winning it all this season... Gameplanning will be a tricky proposition. If you see me hanging out at an internet cafe in Venice, give me a holler.
6/14/2009 3:25 AM
well, anyone ready to make bold predictions?
6/23/2009 5:23 PM
Does SUNY Maritime v. MBB in the title game count as a bold prediction? I suppose someone like killbatman or barjaz could have something to say about that, but the top two dynasty teams meeting for the title seems like a strong possibility right now.

BTW, sucks that your team got bounced early bradshaw. That's a very strong team you built and I thought for sure they'd still be playing. Although I'm sure the wife doesn't mind so much. More time for her (congrats on the marriage btw).
6/24/2009 3:30 AM
yeah, that's not too far out on the limb, kreller, but so far holding true...
6/25/2009 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By kreller131 on 6/24/2009Does SUNY Maritime v. MBB in the title game count as a bold prediction? I suppose someone like killbatman or barjaz could have something to say about that, but the top two dynasty teams meeting for the title seems like a strong possibility right now.

BTW, sucks that your team got bounced early bradshaw. That's a very strong team you built and I thought for sure they'd still be playing. Although I'm sure the wife doesn't mind so much. More time for her (congrats on the marriage btw)
Looks like you called it.
6/26/2009 7:47 AM
I think ill fall off the dynasty list this season my team has had a crappy run the last 2 seasons. Ya I thougt bradshaw would of went further
6/26/2009 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By l_eustachy on 6/26/2009
Quote: Originally Posted By kreller131 on 6/24/2009
Does SUNY Maritime v. MBB in the title game count as a bold prediction? I suppose someone like killbatman or barjaz could have something to say about that, but the top two dynasty teams meeting for the title seems like a strong possibility right now.

BTW, sucks that your team got bounced early bradshaw. That's a very strong team you built and I thought for sure they'd still be playing. Although I'm sure the wife doesn't mind so much. More time for her (congrats on the marriage btw).
Looks like you called it
Easier to call it when 48 teams are already eliminated
6/27/2009 12:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...59 Next ▸
more of the D-III Dynasties... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.