The Ohio Wesleyan Battlin’ Bishops Topic

Every so often I get it in my head to do something creative in the Forums and then screw it up. Well, here's another one of those.

This thread will be dedicated to the history of the Ohio Wesleyan Battlin' Bishops. I intend to keep a long record of my time with OWU (pronounced oh WOO) and that time should last as long as I am playing Gridiron Dynasty.

Some of the features I intend to have are: A triseasonal Newsletter (though there will be only one this year at the close), A recruiting blog of sorts, a conference breakdown each year ala the Thomas More page in Warner, a stats recap, a season recap, a series breakdown for each of my conference teams and some long term stats history.

I think it is cool that I get to get in on the ground floor with this world, so I should be able to keep the entire history. We will see how it goes.
3/10/2009 6:30 PM
Starting in Year 2 I will including the overall coaches record after the coach name.
Opposing coaches and their schools North Coast Year 1 :
Conference
NORTH
Allegheny Gators -- waltmac
Kenyon Lords -- garbage29
Oberlin Yeomen -- wee one
Wabash Little Giants -- mlscoach
Wittenberg Tigers -- mpmershon
Wooster Fighting Scots -- mcnabbqb5
SOUTH
Carnegie Mellon Tartans -- jjj14
Case Western Reserve Spartans -- sports_fan08
Denison Big Red -- mac05
Earlham Quakers -- rbennett99
Hiram Terriers -- kerryholmes
Ohio Wesleyan Battlin' Bishops -- dublinuf
Seniority
1st year -- This is the first year for everyone in the world Yost
Just a note, but as a whole these are great nicknames. Only the Tigers, Big Red and Spartans stick out as mundane.
Series history vs. Carnegie Mellon Tartans

Year TeamScoreTeamScoreOp. CoachPlayer of the game
14413jjj14Senior running back James Jennings carried the ball 19 times for 124 yards and two touchdowns.
Series history vs. Case Western Reserve Spartans

12710sports_fan08Senior running back James Jennings carried the ball 18 times for 125 yards and two touchdowns.
Series history vs. Denison Big Red

13517mac05Senior halfback James Barnes carried the ball 16 times for 111 yards and added a touchdown.
Series history vs. Earlham Quakers

1287rbennett29Junior defensive back Gary O'Brien was everywhere, picking off two passes, deflecting six more and adding in three tackles
3/10/2009 6:31 PM
Series history vs. Hiram Terriers

12710kerryholmesSenior defensive back Douglas Bowers picked up six tackles, deflected six passes and came free on a safety blitz for a sack.
3/10/2009 6:37 PM
Series history vs. Allegheny Gators

1*1620waltmacWith the offense struggling, senior defensive back Douglas Bowers picked up top player honors with six tackles, five pass deflections and one interception.
*Game took place in the conference championship game
Series history vs. Kenyon Lords

Series history vs. Oberlin Yeomen

13010wee oneSenior running back James Barnes picked up 107 yards on 16 carries with two touchdowns.
Series history vs. Wabash Little Giants

1410mlscoachSenior running back James Jennings got the season started right with 121 yards on 17 carries with two scores.
Series history vs. Wittenberg Tigers

1217mpmershonSenior defensive lineman Daniel Palmer led the way in a defensive struggle with 10 tackles and a forced fumble.
Series history vs. Wooster Fighting Scots

Nonconference Rival #1
Series history vs. Mount Union Purple Raiders

123456 Next ▸
The Ohio Wesleyan Battlin’ Bishops Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.