Wichita St Coach Babbling Thread Topic

Well, CT Semifinal loss to Creighton. Again I could not get a FT. Only 12 fouls in 2 games on Creighton. And they play press....this is no good. I lost to them with them playing a 3- and a +1. Guess we are just worse.

I did beat WKU and Illinois State in the 2nd round, so my RPI should end around 30 or 35 at the worst, so I'll get a 7-10 seed in the NT and have a winnable game. I'm happy to trade a CT win for a NT win. We'll see who I get to play in a day.
12/2/2009 1:58 AM
Got a #8 seed with the 28th RPI. That is about right. Drew Purdue, a zone team that has 3/3/3/3 class distribution from the Big 10.

I think I matchup pretty well with them. Although my last couple zone teams I played have not gone too well, they were wins. At least I am not playing Canisius for the 3rd year in a row :)

I've got a decent gameplan for this one, and think I have something to exploit, but we'll see. I am confident we can score on them, the key to the game will be my defense. They have several 90 PER and 90 LP scorers, and I can only really stop one of them.
12/3/2009 8:46 AM
@_!^$ lost to Purdue by 1, on their only lead of the game (other than 2-0). Up by 14 with 6:30 to go, then proceed to go 1-9 from the field and 2 of 5 from the line as they go 6-7 FG, 6-8 FT and just screw it up.

So disappointed, this would have really cemented Wichita State as a small conference power, and helped recruiting my big 6 man class tremendously. As is, a ~40 RPI with a Conference Championship and 1st Round exit isn't going to change my prestige from its current B-.
12/4/2009 8:56 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/4/2009 11:28 AM
Very happy to report Wichita State's prestige has hit an all time high at a B after 4 straight NTs. I am going to have to start winning games instead of just making the NT if I want to do better than that, but a B prestige is not to be ignored, except by the elite Power 6 teams.

6 open scholarships, and my current class distribution is 1/1/3/1, so I cannot take 6 freshmen, and will be looking at the local Jucos. Seems like I should find a decent player there that might know Triangle and either man or press.

I am really excited about recruiting this year, and I think for the first time I have a shot to pull in a top 25 class. It will be interesting for sure, as D1 recruiting always is. Hopefully Florida State isn't mad about Benson and doesn't come after me.

I have to do a better job this year and not spend $45,000 on someone I don't sign.
12/9/2009 8:44 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/11/2009 3:13 PM
Well, off and running on recruiting. Can't give away too much. Just a general state of affairs, I find it amazing that 5-star recruits from Texas and Iowa are being recruited exclusively by the ACC.

Much like the death star, they are the ultimate powers in the Allen Universe.
12/14/2009 11:49 PM
hey guys im fairly new to HD

got a question, im currently coachin wisconsin stout in crum and season has finished, i joined up with allen world 6 and the game wont let me start recruiting in allen can somebody please help me.
12/15/2009 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By vdogg6 on 12/15/2009
hey guys im fairly new to HD

got a question, im currently coachin wisconsin stout in crum and season has finished, i joined up with allen world 6 and the game wont let me start recruiting in allen can somebody please help me.

Just guessing here, but I'd bet you signed up after the season started. You only reserved a team for the following season.
12/15/2009 12:17 PM
It has him as coach for season 39. I would send in a ticket and see what they have to say about it.
12/15/2009 12:54 PM
Nope, he's definitely signed up. What do you mean, won't let you start recruiting in Allen?
12/15/2009 1:05 PM
Well, back to my team. Since recruiting is still going, I figure I will talk about the second most important part of coaching, which is scheduling. Recruiting doesn't look like a total disaster, (actually looking quite good), so we should be pretty good next year. Only Jones graduates, and I should return 4 starters, 2 of which (PF Baker & SG Benson) will be 3rd year starters. So I finally think I am ready for a "tough" schedule.

Even with a tougher schedule, I want to make sure I go 6-4 or better. HD really rewards wins.

So here it is: Wyoming, @Texas-San Antonio, Arizona State, @ Houston, San Jose State, @ Weber State, @ Kansas, Rhode Island, Fordham, @ Canisius.

There are several easy wins, several coin-flips and the games at Weber State and Kansas will be tough to win. All of those teams should have winning records though, and that is the key.

Well, I have been keeping my notes on recruiting, and look forward to having everything wrapped up this time tomorrow.
12/15/2009 10:52 PM
12/22/2009 9:23 AM
Well the season has begun as expected, beat 2 weak sims and loss to Utah and Wofford, good human teams on the road.

Tonight I play UTEP, followed by a road game at Wyoming. If I can win both of these, we should be in good shape. Flood is improving quickly. In 6 practices he is up 27! points.
12/24/2009 7:35 AM
Wow, 27 pts is crazy. I think you should start the forum fact that the more you spend on a recruit, the faster he'll improve as a freshman, and hold Flood up as the example.
12/25/2009 12:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...16 Next ▸
Wichita St Coach Babbling Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.