I've said what I've had to say Josh, and I will leave it at that. You guys will be the ones playing so I hope y'all get what you want. Buena Suerte
5/13/2009 12:06 AM
1 thing I would like, especially as a Newbie, is improved 3-Point Shooting 4 those be4 the season when the NBA installed the 3. I did a SimMatchup with the 69-70 Lakers, and Jerry West was 0-for-14 from outside the arc. Clyde Frazier, on the opposing team, was 0-for-10. Unless those were just outliers, I would like very much to see an improvement in that aspect of the game, cuz as a Newbie, I need those 3s!!
5/13/2009 12:15 AM
Bill Russell's blks still bug the heck out of me.
5/13/2009 6:09 AM
play stoppages, individual D assignments, end of game substitutions

variable league sizes

some kind of draft software would be fantastic

get rid of rooks or make 'em all equal

more competent admin support on the weekends
5/13/2009 6:45 AM
being able to choose who to foul intentionally, ala hack-a-shaq
5/13/2009 6:47 AM
seble, pls delete c19's posts - he is taking things OFF the table with those posts

5/13/2009 10:06 AM
The game being too random is a legitimate gripe, and its my biggest gripe with the game...I don't see why it should be deleted.

When I beat a team by 3 at home, and lose 4 other games by 2, 2, 3, and 5...I'm fine with that, but then I get thrashed by 42 at home by that very same team without any changes made, I feel I have every right to be furious...I mean, what changed from those 5 other games and that 6th game...the answer is nothing...so why did that happen? It wasn't the first time the game has been too random and it isn't the last time. Its arguably the biggest problem in the sim, but I don't know how you even begin to go about fixing it. If the game decided itself based upon team composition, I wouldn't be going on a lengthy hiatus from the NBA sim, period.

The thread topic simply is FEEDBACK, and all of my posts have given that.
5/13/2009 10:19 AM
Echo more play stoppages for better minute controls. We need end of game lineups so we can use the 6th man concept.

Import the draft utility from baseball.
5/13/2009 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 5/13/2009

The game being too random is a legitimate gripe, and its my biggest gripe with the game...I don't see why it should be deleted.

When I beat a team by 3 at home, and lose 4 other games by 2, 2, 3, and 5...I'm fine with that, but then I get thrashed by 42 at home by that very same team without any changes made, I feel I have every right to be furious...I mean, what changed from those 5 other games and that 6th game...the answer is nothing...so why did that happen? It wasn't the first time the game has been too random and it isn't the last time. Its arguably the biggest problem in the sim, but I don't know how you even begin to go about fixing it. If the game decided itself based upon team composition, I wouldn't be going on a lengthy hiatus from the NBA sim, period.

The thread topic simply is FEEDBACK, and all of my posts have given that.

Kinda like how a team can win by 2 points then lose by 58 two days later to the exact same team? Random stuff like that never happens in the real NBA.
5/13/2009 11:58 AM
That seems a bit extreme so I'd have to see that, but for anyone following the Lakers/Rockets series, it's pretty clear the same team can perform much differently from one game to the next.
5/13/2009 12:54 PM
cdew8 is talking about Nuggets-Hornets games three and four.
5/13/2009 12:58 PM
Ha, sorry I forgot about that. Well, then add Lakers/Rockets to that list.
5/13/2009 1:28 PM
Seble, my problem in the inconsistency comes when far superior team in every statistical category, completely rested from a bye while his opponent went 6 or 7 games, loses a game 7 series.

The primary reason for that particular case was FTAs/PFs. I'll look up the numbers real quick.

okay here it is:

Quote: Originally posted by ashamael on 4/25/2009Team one has:
2,779 ftas and 1,621 pfs over 19,948 minutes.
(roughly 33.4 and 19.5 per 48min with 5 on floor)

Team two has:
3,242 ftas and 1,288 pfs over 20,260 minutes.
(roughly 38.4 and 15.3 per 48min with 5 on floor)

Here's their playoff series (7 games):

161 ftas 109 pf
137 ftas 114 pf

Guess which is which.

I should also mention that 4 out of Team One's starters were sub 100% fatigue (one of them at 91%) by series end, while all of Team Two's starters were 100% throughout.

This is a seven game series. Not only were the two teams far apart in RL pf vs ftas, the team with that should have had the edge (we're talking 7 game series, where advantages tend to average out to truth) was much much much more rested, with the other team not (so in essence should have been performing slightly worse than their RL stats in this regard).

I can take a loss when there are reasons for it. Hell, I can take a loss when there aren't - I'll congratulate my opponent and tell them gl in the next round. But it's pretty ridiculous to spend money on players with low foul tendencies and many ftas only to get way outperformed in a 7-game-series by a team who didn't spend the money in either place that is already pretty severely fatigued.

That's some of the inconsistency Trevor's talking about.
5/13/2009 2:29 PM
Should also mentoin that team two in the above scenario had the best record in the league while the other team was a five seed. Not that that tells the whole story every time, but I think I already told the whole story in the part between the quote lines.
5/13/2009 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seble on 5/12/2009badja, here is a pretty thorough explanation of how the SimEngine works:

http://www.whatifsports.com/knowledgebase/KB_Article_Details.aspx?kbid=582

I'm talking about the fact that 2pt%# is given when I don't even think it is used (who knows??? not us.) How large a factor are assists on fg%? I have no idea. We can guess and discuss all day, but in the end it is just guessing.

From the provided link-

Every player has a real-life turnover percentage, field goal attempt percentage and times fouled percentage that is relative to his total number of actual possessions.
-

That's funny, I don't see any of those stats in the draft center.

5/13/2009 3:37 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...39 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.