My team in the UPL 2.0 just finished 47-35 while being outscored by 145 points.
5/26/2009 6:28 PM
lots of outlier events?
5/26/2009 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By monkee on 5/26/2009lots of outlier events
Isn't that a given lol
5/26/2009 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ncih on 5/26/2009

My team in the UPL 2.0 just finished 47-35 while being outscored by 145 points.

I looked at the wrong column. This team was outscored by 21, not 145.

However, a team that is outscored should not win 47 games.
5/26/2009 11:02 PM
This is not justification

Keep in mind that the UPL this season is filled entirely with rookies. Many of these guys have sub-par fg%, turnovers and fouls. Very few of the players in the league are anywhere close to what they will be in a few seasons (or next season in some cases). That makes for whacky match-ups night-in, night out.

All that said, keep what I put in bold in mind. A flip-flopped record would make more sense to me.
5/27/2009 10:45 AM
I did further research and found that teams with winning records that are outscored are very rare, especially over a full season.

I probably was just blown out often by the really good teams in the league. This league is very top heavy with good teams.
5/27/2009 2:35 PM
zzzz
5/28/2009 9:10 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
5/28/2009 6:21 PM
I finally figured this out: We (Sim owners) are all from Mars and Seble and his helper bees are all from Venus!

We want answers to specific questions etc. but they want to nuture us, and ask us for feedback, so that they can find out what causes of our problems are.

Wow now I need a cigarette! Okay I'll shut up and go back to sleep.
5/29/2009 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By ashamael on 5/28/2009I figured it out, monkee! They've spent the last couple of weeks putting this on open leagues:

Quote:
Attention Rookie Owners

We noticed this is your first experience playing SimLeague Basketball, so we'd like to make you aware of some critical pieces of the game:

* Pace Adjustments: A player's involvement & performance can translate successfully across multiple offenses. For example, Tim Duncan sees the highest percentage of shots taken within a slow-down offense. If you put him in a fast-pace offense, he'll see an increase in shots attempted to maintain his dominant presence in an offense. On the other hand, it's important to represent all the elements of a team. You need players to handle the ball, eat up possession time, rebound and take shots.
* Component Stats: Points scored and rebounds are often considered the most important stats in basketball. But it's the component stats that generate these numbers. And that's how the engine sees it, too. The % of shots taken relative to a player's team drives the total points scored for a player. Likewise, the ratio of rebounds per opportunity leads to rebounds. As a player's team around him changes or as a player's defensive/offensive scheme changes, his counting stats will be impacted.
* Sample Size: An exhibition season is only 10 games long. Ten games is a very small sample size, so what you see here may not be indicative of what you'd see over the course of an 82 game season. The 1993-04 David Robinson may only be averaging 18 points per game after 10 games, but he should get closer to 30 PPG over an entire season. Keep this in mind when you see some players struggle or some players excel.

For more information regarding the game, be sure to check out the FAQ and Rules along the menu above.
[/quote
Does it really say that, 1993-04?...because if so, I know it gives me a lot of confidence that the game is running at peak efficiency...
5/29/2009 11:44 AM
that's a direct copy/paste, trevor.
5/29/2009 4:19 PM
Ok, thanks...if WIS was smart...A. they'd fix their mistake, and B. instead of continually making excuses why the game might not work right, just give a free full season team to any and every owner that hasn't played ONE season of the NBA sim...it only makes good business sense really....you know, trying to attract customers in these morbid economic times...
5/29/2009 5:58 PM
"10 games is a very small sample size"?

not in real life

in real life people figure a 7 game series is enough to decide which is really the better team - (7 games is a big enough sample size in real life but as we all know and they now admit the engine is subject to more severe and more frequent outlier behavior than occurs in real life when in fact it should be much less so)

WIS once again so tone deaf and stupid blind to their own shortcomings they trumpet them as assets
5/29/2009 11:50 PM
we're going on 3 weeks now? classic seble - cant spare 2 minutes to even just post something along the lines of "I'm here, just a little busy - please be patient" - that's not even two minutes

but let's all remember - I'm the bad guy
5/30/2009 11:33 AM
clearly that's asking too much, bad guy.
5/30/2009 5:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...39 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.