Quote: Originally posted by redman27 on 6/17/2009Ashamael, no it doesn't, but as we both know (I hope), WIS shouldn't be taken as seriously.Colonels19, maybe you could leave and become the marketing director for WIS based on previous posts.  Sales would go through the roof.Seriously though, do I have to reiterate again that I basically agree with you guys?  My issue lies in the forum, which seems to have become nothing but a way to complain about WIS and seble.  The issues are on the table and have been for some time, what is the point of getting a jab in every possible time?  At the very least, isn't one thread enough for bashing?However it looks like I am the only one who is sick of it, I don't seem to get much support on this one!

No, you're not the only one who's sick of it. I just don't see the point of continuing to hammer the same nails, so I rarely check these threads anymore and don't intend to contribute to them on regular basis until I see something constructive happening - from admin and/or other users.
6/19/2009 5:32 PM
Okay LTB. I understand.

How about a simplified defensive rating system ie. -5 of excellent defenders to +5 for horrible defenders? Add the defensive rating to the assigned offensive players FG%.

Also, how about specific double teaming rules where the man double teamed loses a specific amount of usage and the specific player open gains a specific amount of usage. in addition, have the double teamed player lose a specific amount of FG% and the open player gain a specific amount of FG%?

Any thoughts?
6/19/2009 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vancem on 6/19/2009Okay LTB. I understand.

How about a simplified defensive rating system ie. -5 of excellent defenders to +5 for horrible defenders? Add the defensive rating to the assigned offensive players FG%.

Also, how about specific double teaming rules where the man double teamed loses a specific amount of usage and the specific player open gains a specific amount of usage. in addition, have the double teamed player lose a specific amount of FG% and the open player gain a specific amount of FG%?

Any thoughts?

The double team proposal doesn't work in my mind - the greats (MJ, Bird, Magic, LBJ, etc.) consistently find ways to beat double teams. I wish you could different types of zones, or even be able to select the two guys you wish to double team the opposing squad's stud with. Defense is way too much of a crapshoot in this sim.

However, we're wasting our breath. This shite ain't gonna change anytime soon.

6/19/2009 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monkee on 6/19/2009there used to be a council that beta'd releases and could perform that role - doubt the council still exists - iff they do they are obviously lame duck as they sure didnt vet these player releases

Would be a great idea, though. That would save everyone - including and especially WIS staff - a lot of headaches.
6/20/2009 8:27 AM
Again I agree with LTB. Perhaps we can help the WIS staff with our expertise. They will either accept the help or reject it. But we can make an effort to better the SIM.
6/20/2009 11:28 PM
you idiots come in here all condescending, criticizing owners who are fed up with this ******'s bs and acting like,

"wow man, everybody just peace out man, if only we could all just be nice to each other and treat seble with the ***-kissing respect he deserves everything would be hunky dory, ok man?"

or

"come on guys let's put on a show in the barn to raise money to help the orphans! you can sing and I can dance and everyone will have just a swell old time!"

seriously, you have your chicken and your egg all mixed up

I was nice, I was on that council, I have contributed as much to the NBA sim as any owner on the site

and I am here to tell you that this thread is in fact a microcosm of what that council was like:

seble invited us to participate with ideas and suggestions, he asked us to beta new releases and brainstorm over specific issues etc etc etc

and then he f-ing disappeared
6/21/2009 11:29 AM
That is a great Sunday morning read monkee, I enjoyed it lol
6/21/2009 11:37 AM
monkee, you're the bad guy - remember? You need to hush. Clearly you are over the line once again.
6/21/2009 1:13 PM
Monkee what is your history with WIS and the NBA Sim? Your post has a lot of merit. Perhaps it is my wishful thinking that we can have any effect on bettering the NBA SIM. I also enjoyed the read of your post. I've been around less than one year so I guess my nievatete is showing. I know my poor spelling skills are showing.
6/21/2009 2:38 PM
here it is plain and simple. Seble and WIS DO NOT CARE, they just don't . Continue to vent in the forums and continue to complain to each other and rip each other new assholes all it is is just a waste of your free time. They don't care. Forget all the BS about it being a business and we are the customer and what other company treats their customers like this and blah blah blah THEY DON'T CARE. They never have to see us face to face and never will and if you think that if a few of us stop playing the SIM will hurt their bottom $ you are nuts.
6/21/2009 8:15 PM
if you don't care then why the f*ck bother to post then? You're just wasting YOUR time and wasting OUR time by having to read the sh*t you post.

Their bottom $ is already beyond hurt. The only reason long-running theme leagues even fill right now are because dedicated owners buy multiple teams to keep it going. Do I think that anything I post in this forum is the cause of that? No. It's the sim itself that's the cause of that. The sim and the way they act. Do I honestly care if my posts change the sim or the way it's run? No. This is me blowing off steam. Rather than get upset and spam up my league forum, I take it out here. Those guys in my league don't have a choice about reading that box down there...

...Your ***, however, does not have to come to this URL and click on any thread you don't want to.

So you, my friend, can take your post and your attitude and shove it up your ***.

(and just fyi, I'm calm as can be while writing this. I don't know you or having anything against you. I'm just telling you to shut up with that nonsense, because all you are doing is the same thing you're telling us not to do).

mmmK?
6/21/2009 8:27 PM
they dont care
6/21/2009 9:03 PM
you obviously care.
6/21/2009 10:38 PM
Guys, as I said in the very first post of this thread, I may not be actively posting in here. This was a place to take stock and gather ideas about where the game should go from here. Contrary to some opinions we do care about our games. This site has been our professional life for nearly a decade, so yes we do care. We're doing the best we can to prioritize our responsibilities given our current resources.
6/21/2009 10:51 PM
nice of hear from you 5 weeks later. You can't drop in once a week and say something like "good ideas guys, keep 'em comin' " or anything like that? Hell, I'd take patronization at this point.
6/21/2009 11:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...39 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.