Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

****, the Brew Crew hit 55 balls right on the nose yesterday...
7/5/2009 11:03 AM
Harden at Wrigley is a gift to a struggling offense.
7/5/2009 11:12 AM
The Mike Burns experiment is about as effective as the Seth McClung experiment.
7/5/2009 4:19 PM
This series is making what was already known painstakingly clear: the Brewers' starting pitching won't get them anywhere near the playoffs.
7/5/2009 4:37 PM
Braun and Fielder make the Allstar team, Yovanni gets off because of lack of run support ( and maybe because he is pitching sunday) and Hoffman gets off as well.
7/5/2009 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danmam on 7/05/2009This series is making what was already known painstakingly clear: the Brewers' starting pitching won't get them anywhere near the playoffs.

Teh trooths.
7/5/2009 7:20 PM
Gallardo not on the AS team is a joke. Johan over Yovani. F'in ridiculous.
7/5/2009 8:50 PM
It sounds like McClung will not get another start (though it's debatable whether Burns deserves another one either); team will need a fifth starter by Saturday at the latest. Announcements will supposedly be made on Tuesday. Parra may be back as he has pitched well in four starts at AAA; he's scheduled to start on Wednesday and may make that start for the Brewers.
7/5/2009 10:30 PM
During the telecast today, either Anderson or Schroeder said that Macha didn't rule out Bush returning from the DL and pitching Saturday, though he did say they were going to be cautious with him. If Parra pitched Wednesday, Suppan and Looper would go Thursday and Friday, and then Bush could pitch Saturday and Burns/McClung could be done starting (at least for now).
7/6/2009 12:13 AM
ESPN's Jerry Crasnick is reporting the Brewers have asked about Javier Vazquez but that the Braves would likely want either Alcides Escobar or Mat Gamel (both termed "untouchable" by Brewer GM Doug Melvin) in return.

Braves asked about Corey Hart earlier this season but the Brewers were reluctant to part with him, having no apparent replacement.

I'd make a Hart for Vazquez trade in an instant.
7/6/2009 5:11 PM
That would be intriguing.
7/6/2009 5:31 PM
Yeah, Vazquez is better than I used to think he was.
7/6/2009 5:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he reverted to his previous level of teh suckiness.
7/6/2009 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mudbone1969 on 7/06/2009I wouldn't be surprised if he blew out his arm lifting his luggage after arriving in Milwaukee
no doubt.
7/6/2009 5:41 PM
Can McGehee play OF? If so, a Hart for Vazquez trade would work. Or if Gamel can play OF. Though I doubt they'd do any sort of drastic position switch like this midseason.
7/6/2009 5:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...117 Next ▸
Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.