Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

Haudricourt thinks that the Brewers will have to give up Escobar, Parra, and possibly even Lawrie to get Halladay. If they could do it for just Escobar and Parra and some nobodies, I'd be very tempted to pull the trigger. I think that would make them NL Central favorites for this season and next. But with Lawrie...I don't know. I'd be very very hesitant.
7/20/2009 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danmam on 7/20/2009Haudricourt thinks that the Brewers will have to give up Escobar, Parra, and possibly even Lawrie to get Halladay. If they could do it for just Escobar and Parra and some nobodies, I'd be very tempted to pull the trigger. I think that would make them NL Central favorites for this season and next. But with Lawrie...I don't know. I'd be very very hesitant.

I lol'd so hard.
7/20/2009 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inkdskn on 7/20/2009
Quote: Originally posted by danmam on 7/20/2009Haudricourt thinks that the Brewers will have to give up Escobar, Parra, and possibly even Lawrie to get Halladay. If they could do it for just Escobar and Parra and some nobodies, I'd be very tempted to pull the trigger. I think that would make them NL Central favorites for this season and next. But with Lawrie...I don't know. I'd be very very hesitant.
I lol'd so hard.

That was gold!!
7/20/2009 6:49 PM
Last I checked, the Brewers were a game back of the Cubs and 3 out of 1st place. Take the team's biggest weakness (SP) and plug in the best pitcher in baseball. You don't think that's worth 3 games?
7/20/2009 7:01 PM
You think Toronto would give up the best SP in baseball for the laughable package you suggested?

"If they could do it for just Escobar and Parra and some nobodies..."

My boy, that is what was laughable as your whole scenario was retarded. Toronto is gonna get an assload more than that crap you proposed. Your whole argument was based on an idiotic thought.
7/20/2009 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mudbone1969 on 7/20/2009 Toronto is gonna hold out for too much and wind up dealing him for less in the offseason or at the deadline next year..
Fixed, with a more likely scenario.
7/20/2009 7:24 PM
My "argument" is not at all hinged on the assumption that the Brewers could get Halladay for Escobar, Parra, and some lower-level prospects. If they got Halladay for Escobar, Parra, and Lawrie, they'd be NL Central favorites. If they got him for Escobar, Parra, Lawrie, Gamel, Lucroy, Salome, and Green, they'd still be NL Central favorites.
7/20/2009 7:28 PM
I don't think that's the case. As good as he is, the Brewer lineup still sucks besides Prince and the Hebrew Hammer. I like the talent on the Cubs a whole lot more, especially the pitching. I don't think Halladay makes them automatic anything.
7/20/2009 7:43 PM
Of course they wouldn't be "automatic" NLC champs. But you'd be hard-pressed to find an expert who wouldn't name them the favorites if they acquired Halladay, especially after getting Lopez to shore up the leadoff spot.
7/20/2009 7:55 PM
****, they only eked out the wild card by one game last season, despite having CC and Sheets.

NL Central favorite, my ***; you're hilarious.
7/20/2009 8:06 PM
HAHAHA!! Lopez has a career .333 OBP!!!

In all seriousness, are you drunk?
7/20/2009 8:07 PM
Good catch on the Lopez-love. That was beautiful.

Christ, they must be spiking the brats or beer up there or something.
7/20/2009 8:12 PM
I'd love to see the Brewers clean out their farm system for Halladay. Halladay would be gone after 2010 and the Brewers would be headed for the cellar after Fielder leaves.

Halladay and Gallardo would be a formidable 1 and 2 in the playoffs, but your 3-5 would prevent them from getting there.
7/20/2009 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inkdskn on 7/20/2009****, they only eked out the wild card by one game last season, despite having CC and Sheets.

NL Central favorite, my ***; you're hilarious.
Have you seen the standings this season? I'm not sure you have.

Cent W L GB
STL 51 43 --
CHC 47 43 2.0
MIL 47 45 3.0

If you don't think the Brewers would be NL Central favorites this year with Halladay, you're absolutely fooling yourself. This is not 2008; the Cubs are not very good.
7/20/2009 8:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...117 Next ▸
Brewers : Back in First Place Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.