AAA - Just the Charts Topic

bump
6/7/2020 5:38 PM
Pos Name % B Power Contact Defense Speed Stamina Salary Sent Down (Games) Trading Block
OF Noel Decurtins 100 S 2 8 B/D+ 8 F $200,000

How do I use the "salary" part of the equation? I'm not sure what I should be using there. I used 1B/100AB of 19-21, HR/100AB of .5-1, PA/162 of 150-300 and Speed rating of 70-79. But not sure who I should be looking at. I got 10 matches with that search.

I think it is 86 Bonilla but wanted to make sure I am doing this right.
6/8/2020 10:27 AM (edited)
So you don't use the $200,000 salary. EVERY AAA officially is listed as $200,000 but that has nothing to do with identifying them.

Once you have the list of players that fit all of the athletic and performance characteristics, IF there is more than one player on that list, look at the "AAA Just the Charts" guide on pricing for players to get an idea of what the range of salaries is for the "Average AAA" (AAA come in below avg., way below avg. above avg. and way above avg. as well but for OLs they are always average). The player and the iteration of that player will be the one that fits the average salary range, rather than any of the others with salaries that are too high or low.
6/8/2020 1:20 PM
I put the numbers in as you did and only 1986 Bonilla comes up. I am not sure why you see 10 players - maybe you did not put in "switch-hitter"?

Anyway, it's 1986 Bonilla.
6/8/2020 1:24 PM
Yeah I wasn't limiting by the defensive ratings. Once I did that, that is who I came up with too. Thanks!
6/8/2020 2:48 PM
don't gorget, you can also see their exact current salary as long as it isn't a 2017-2019 player they're based on by clicking the player name and selecting [Salary History], that narrows it down very well for you. You can also run your team in SimMatchup and if you click the player name when they show up in the boxscore it will show you the real player info.
6/8/2020 3:30 PM
Posted by just4me on 6/8/2020 3:30:00 PM (view original):
don't gorget, you can also see their exact current salary as long as it isn't a 2017-2019 player they're based on by clicking the player name and selecting [Salary History], that narrows it down very well for you. You can also run your team in SimMatchup and if you click the player name when they show up in the boxscore it will show you the real player info.
I never knew that. And that is why we have this Forum. And are really glad Just4me is back.
6/8/2020 4:34 PM
bump
6/13/2020 5:34 PM
I'm sorry, Newbie/Just came back person here, probably a dumb question...How do I get into the draft center without starting a whole new team?
6/15/2020 7:19 PM
Start a spring training team.
6/16/2020 4:55 AM
bump
7/7/2020 7:04 PM
I'm on my 3rd team. Had no clue the ML were real players until I saw this. I've used my ST team.

Can anyone please look up these guys for me?

5/6/6/D/. C/D- 1B

9/2/9/D. B/D+. OF

7/3/7/A. C/C- SS

6/3/7/B. C+/D+. 2B

6/3/5/F. B/A/A+. C

7/4/6/C. A/D- (3B). C+/D- (1B)

9/5/3/C. C/A+. SP

1/10/5/E. A+/B+. RP

Thanks!
7/8/2020 2:29 PM
An addendum to Doc's current help the newbs dim bulb.

It only took me 2 100-loss teams to figure it out, but these AAA should be individual mandatory filing of your choice and device; I printed them out so always handy. Also, to Doc's idea, it could/should be attached to the draft center or at least some first look around mention of it's existence and other helps.

In and of itself I don't mind the newb process and learning the tricks. Each team has gotten better and I've enjoyed the time taken between 'huh' moments. But yes, very little from the powers that be in getting us off to a good start.

I'd rather persevere in figuring things out and getting better, and maybe bad starts is an ok initiation. But yes, this company could be losing repeat biz from faceplant runaways, and their own paying customers coming to others rescue with pay it forward kindnesses. I do appreciate it.
7/8/2020 2:47 PM
have we ever proposed to management simply removing the random name-generator for AAA? it's confusing for new players, a waste of time for everyone else, and does nothing to level the playing field or improve the simulation. I'm happy to make the proposal if nobody else has done so in the past? I can't imagine what the counter-argument may be...
7/8/2020 3:31 PM
Posted by tpistolas on 7/8/2020 3:31:00 PM (view original):
have we ever proposed to management simply removing the random name-generator for AAA? it's confusing for new players, a waste of time for everyone else, and does nothing to level the playing field or improve the simulation. I'm happy to make the proposal if nobody else has done so in the past? I can't imagine what the counter-argument may be...
Cosign.
7/9/2020 2:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...26 Next ▸
AAA - Just the Charts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.