AAA - Just the Charts Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Hopefully one day this thread won't be needed anymore. I'd like to see WIS remove the fake AAA names and the ratings and just show who the player actually is with their actual statistics.
11/29/2015 1:04 PM
Works all the time for me.
1/2/2016 8:39 PM
I think every once in a while a player's rating may be off by 1. I don't know why this happens, but I have seen it before.
1/2/2016 8:49 PM
jfranco77:

The ratings are still accurate. WIS has not changed anything in years, including AAA, until the recent salary announcement.

Your shortstop is Mark Belanger 1976.

Power ....... 0.19 HR/100AB...... 1
Contact..... 21.22 1B/100AB....... 9
Speed....... 84 .................. ........ 9
Stamina..... 589 PA ........................ A
F/R............ A/A- ............................ A/A-

If Aparico's HR/100AB was 0.91 his power rating would be 2
1/3/2016 1:22 AM (edited)
bumping this for the new people at WIS.
2/16/2016 6:29 AM
Just to let new people here know: the AAA players are REAL player seasons in MLB history. The pitchers tend to be lousy with rare exceptions, useful as mop up, occasional filler to rest starters or at best long relief.

But the position players are often very good and in general at least average good. Valuable. 

You need to read the first page of this thread to see how to identify your AAA players. Most successful owners draft 8 or at most 9 (if one is a pinch-hitter or defensive sub) position players and however many pitchers they really want to use, then fill the roster to 25 with $200,000 filler players whom they immediately dump on the waiver wire to exchange for a valuable player - a fourth OF or a relief pitcher, and then move all the AAA position players up to the main roster as their bench players. In some cases, when an AAA position player is especially good, they might even dump a drafted player on the waiver wire, substitute the AAA player there and get another arm for the rotation or upgrade a starter with the extra money. 

So be careful in your AAA trades when new. In general don't trade position players for pitchers.

I also, as a question of character, rightness and honor, ask all veteran owners playing here to NOT resort to tricking newbies at WIS by offering to trade them AAA pitchers for good players knowing they don't know any better yet. It is an undignified and dishonorable way to win. Let's play it straight everyone, and rely on our talents, not our our trickery.
2/16/2016 6:49 AM (edited)
bump - any new people at this site need to use the information above to learn to identify your AAA players and use them as your bench. Don't draft beyond your pitchers and 8 starting players and at most a pinch-hitter, then fill the roster with $200,000 filler-players, since your AAA who are good players will be your bench. This way you can have the full value of your team on the field.
3/6/2016 9:13 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/4/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):
I haven't waded through the whole thread, but I have a question. Does the SIM treat AAA players solely based on their ratings, or are they based on the real life players connected to them?

For example...if I have a AAA player that turns out to be Nate McLouth and he's 22/23 in SB, should I expect the success rate of my AAA player to be based on that, or will it just be some generic success rate based on his speed rating?
AAA players are the real players from that season that you discover when you go through the steps above.

So let's say you have Ken Boswell 1969. He has those stats, not just the AAA ratings. But his performance is that 1969 performance normalized for 2015 - so if his performance was above average for 1969 and if 1969 was a better hitting season than 2015 on average, he will perform that much better. If the opposite, then a bit worse. But you need to use not the ratings, which really only matter for identifying who he is, but rather the stats for Ken Boswell 1969 as normalized for today.
3/6/2016 9:30 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...26 Next ▸
AAA - Just the Charts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.